PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kudos to the fans at the Browns game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeb

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
You guys were loud, and considering the circumstances, few left. Seems like the crowd is much better in the cold weather. Good work, keep it up!

Some in my group were ready to go after the Browns last score down by 2 needing an onside kick to even have a chance but I wasnt leaving. I was there for the Saints and Broncos and wasnt missing this one either.

A Browns fan who sat in front of me left with 3 minutes left, a big smile on his face. :singing:

As I confessed elsewhere, I left my seat (50 yd. line, 25 rows behind the Pats' bench) when the Browns scored their last TD, with a little over 2 minutes left. I had been yelling all game, had a headache, and I was PO'd at the Pats. I watched the rest from the end zone though and was glad I did. Many people stayed until the end.

I was surprised that the folks on the 50 don't stand automatically on 3rd downs. I kept doing it, and others would begrudgingly join me, but I don't know if anyone in the section where I was sitting would have stood if I hadn't done so. Not sure if this was because of the poor play of the Pats for 3 quarters or the norm. Lots of folks on the concourse both at half-time and at the end of the game. It got cold sitting out there.

I was a little surprised at how resilient the crowd was, maybe we know we have to keep going until the very end even if it get really quiet for a bit after Gronk's injury. As usual, section 136 stood for pretty much the whole game and may have been even a little louder than some of the other recent games. The other thing I've noticed is that a lot of people seem to shift from the upper level seats to lower level seats later in the 2nd half. There were far more people in the rows in front of me than there were seats by late in the game so there are more people closer to the field and it was reflected in the noise level.

A Browns fan who sat in front of me left with 3 minutes left, a big smile on his face. :singing:

Had a similar experience as two Browns fans sat in front of us and weren't shy about how they had spent $500.00 on their tickets and it was worth every penny to see their Browns beat the Pats in Foxboro. They also left when it got to 26-14 to go "party" at their hotel and I can only imagine their reaction as they sat on Route 1 listening to Gresh and Zo.

I specifically noticed the game noise this week, watching on TV. Hail to the Pats fans who pumped up the volume, and DIDN'T leave before 0:00. :D

Saw a lot of people leaving on the TV screen once the Browns got their final score. I spent about 5 minutes gyrating and flipping them off to the annoyance of my wife who doesn't find me anywhere near as charming as you guys do.

I hope every dumbass who left that game got to their car just in time to hear about one of the most memorable comebacks in team history that they missed out on.

Saw a lot of people leaving on the TV screen once the Browns got their final score. I spent about 5 minutes gyrating and flipping them off to the annoyance of my wife who doesn't find me anywhere near as charming as you guys do.

I hope every dumbass who left that game got to their car just in time to hear about one of the most memorable comebacks in team history that they missed out on.

You look nekkid without an avatar. You always have good ones.

Why do you hate my younger brother so?

I left my seat after the Browns TD, but not the stadium. We stopped to pee and then swung around to the 50 yd line on the Browns' side and watched from there. I kept yelling "Remember you're the Browns!"

And they did!!

I was thinking on my walk to work this morning that there has got to be at least some people who have been at the Saints, Broncos and Browns games and has left early everytime, :bricks:

Cleveland's last offensive series was the loudest I've heard a Gillette crowd during a regular-season game, ever. People were screaming and banging on the seats. It sounded like thunder.

I was in the corner of the endzone and I did not leave early. Glad I stayed despite being mad at the pats and haveing no voice by the 4th quarter (but still managed yelling the whole game) it was all worth it in the end.Just another reassion not to leave a game early.

My son and I were there right to the end. NO FRIGGIN WAY we were leaving. I didn't give a rat's ass about the 3 hour ride back to Maine or the fact that I may not have had any toes left ;)

Had a couple of drunk Browns fans in front of us too, to bad they left early cause they were real twits. I would have liked to hear the rash of **** they would have gotten from the people sitting around us. :eek:

The crowd showed up to this one real late. Long lines to get in for the tailgaters I guess. Nevertheless I saw some impressively drunk patrons by 3 pm. One guy tumbled down five rows of seats and I loved him for it. He got up and tried to play it cool.

If it was a late game I think it would have been emptier at the end.

When I saw that flag on the pass to Boyce I jumped higher than that time in high school I (got) dunked (on).

Cleveland's last offensive series was the loudest I've heard a Gillette crowd during a regular-season game, ever. People were screaming and banging on the seats. It sounded like thunder.

was it really that loud?

was my first game at gillette and i thought it was OK, but nothing groundbreaking

then again the only comparisons i have is dolphin stadium and KC, but last season when they sucked

we had our moments dont get me wrong, but i didnt think it was that loud

was it really that loud?

was my first game at gillette and i thought it was OK, but nothing groundbreaking

then again the only comparisons i have is dolphin stadium and KC, but last season when they sucked

we had our moments dont get me wrong, but i didnt think it was that loud

I didn't think it was that loud. Loudness greatly varies section to section.

I'd like to take this thread's opportunity to get this pet peeve off my chest. The Red seats. :mad: I think the Krafts have to do something about them. They are not only a black hole of noise reduction while those cheese eaters gorge themselves on gorganzola and wine while reading the Wall Street Journal all game. Its become a national embarrassment when the camera keep showing them with only about 25% of the seats filled. It looks like a Jet game at half time.

I know these people pay a premium for the privilege, but it just looks horrible when you are watching on TV. I wish there was some kind of incentive that would not only keep these people in their seats, but also get off their fat asses and participate in the fun.

I know Bob Kraft is very sensitive to how his team is perceived. I can't believe this doesn't bother him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes