PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kudo's to Miguel.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I was just looking over the salary cap page that Miguel has here on the site.Just wanted to take a quick sec and give a shoutout to Miguel for the TERRIFIC job he does.That material is organized as best as we could hope for.Keep up the great work bud,we appreciate you..

Quite unbelievable, isn't it?

As a non numbers guy, it's so great to have that material there when I have a question.

Your work is appreciated, Miguel.

Actually just looked for something that came up, if you read this.

Do you know where I can find Franchise salary tag by position updated?

Last edited:
They aren't updated on a rolling basis Ray. The league announces them in the Spring after reviewing total salaries for the previous year and determining who the top five and ten were. Right now those are incomplete as they can yet include additional money like bonuses earned or a pro-rated signing bonus for any player signed to an extension up until the end of December. Sometimes (usually) the figures go up from year to year, but sometimes they go down as the contract status of the players who comprise the top ten fluctuates. This year CB was down substantially to $5.9M

These were the franchise (top 5) figures for this year:

Quarterback $8.8 million
Defensive End $8,332,000
Linebacker $7,169,000
Offensive Line $6.99 million
Wide Receiver $6,172,000
Running Back $6,085,000
Cornerback $5.9 million
Defensive Tackle $5,656,000
Safety $4.1 million
Tight End $3,327,000
Kicker/Punter $2.5 million

They aren't updated on a rolling basis Ray. The league announces them in the Spring after reviewing total salaries for the previous year and determining who the top five and ten were. Right now those are incomplete as they can yet include additional money like bonuses earned or a pro-rated signing bonus for any player signed to an extension up until the end of December. Sometimes (usually) the figures go up from year to year, but sometimes they go down as the contract status of the players who comprise the top ten fluctuates. This year CB was down substantially to $5.9M

These were the franchise (top 5) figures for this year:

Quarterback $8.8 million
Defensive End $8,332,000
Linebacker $7,169,000
Offensive Line $6.99 million
Wide Receiver $6,172,000
Running Back $6,085,000
Cornerback $5.9 million
Defensive Tackle $5,656,000
Safety $4.1 million
Tight End $3,327,000
Kicker/Punter $2.5 million

Thanks, Mo. Wrote this before you straightened me out in the other thread.

Could we trade a player between seasons end and March? I know there's an exclusive negotiating period before FA hits in March, right?

I"m pretty good with business if it's my house, job, or business.

Otherwise I depend on Miguel, you and others. Appreciated.

Thanks, Mo. Wrote this before you straightened me out in the other thread.

Could we trade a player between seasons end and March? I know there's an exclusive negotiating period before FA hits in March, right?

I"m pretty good with business if it's my house, job, or business.

Otherwise I depend on Miguel, you and others. Appreciated.

Once the trading deadline passed in October, that's it until the next season commences. And by then players who are scheduled to be UFA's are just that. While they can't talk to anyone (on the record ;) ) until the FA period commences in mid March, they aren't technically ours to trade any longer since they are no longer under contract to us.

Unless of course we franchise tag them as BF is suggesting with Asante - which is decided during that two weeks. Then they remain ours to keep or trade, although they are under no obligation to perform for us on a one year deal. Few players will find a team willing to pay the franchise draft pick price to sign them, so usually in those cases where the tag is being used to control a deal and get some compensation for the player, his agent and the team look for suitors willing to do a trade both sides can live with.

If a player refuses to sign his franchise tag he can sit out for a year with no fines (or salary) and become a FA the following season. But a team can also rescind the tag if the player hasn't signed it, and then he immediately becomes a FA. That's what the Eagles did with Corey Simon which is how he ended up signing as a FA with the Colts in July of last year. That's kind of the little risk those players face - losing the tag salary at a time when teams historically were tapped out. The Colts were about the only team who had a need and the cap space at that time. Now with the substantial increases in the cap it's not so unlikely a FA would still have multiple suitors in June or July.

I don't think BB would pay Asante a top 5 salary even for one season, because of the ramifications given what some of our core players make. But he might tag and trade him if push comes to shove.

One of the continual comments I get from non believing, heathen,rotten bastard, scumbag, non-fans is how cheap Bob Kraft is or how they do not spend to the limit, or how Brady is underpaid. It is always great to go to this page to show them and refute their arguments, they are usually humbled.

I really appreciate having this info readily available.

One of the continual comments I get from non believing, heathen,rotten bastard, scumbag, non-fans is how cheap Bob Kraft is or how they do not spend to the limit, or how Brady is underpaid. It is always great to go to this page to show them and refute their arguments, they are usually humbled.

I really appreciate having this info readily available.

You don't think that they will let facts get in the way of a good rant, do you?

Anyway, I'm always going to Miguels pages and have for many years. They are the best!

If you really enjoy the page as I do, consider nominating and supporting Miguel for Fan of the Year. Also note that he has donated many of his season ticket seats to the Bread of Life food pantry charity. What better fan representative could the Patriots have?

And no, I am not trying to have a man-boy thingy going with Miguel

If you really enjoy the page as I do, consider nominating and supporting Miguel for Fan of the Year. Also note that he has donated many of his season ticket seats to the Bread of Life food pantry charity. What better fan representative could the Patriots have?

And no, I am not trying to have a man-boy thingy going with Miguel

How do you do that? Not the man-boy thing - the nomination and voting for fan of the year.
I think he deserves it.

Someone posted the FOTY nomination link here last year. If memory is correct, it will appear at patriots.com later this month.

John Clayton reported several weeks ago that there was an idea of making it possible to trade players before free agency started. No news on that since then.

Thanks for the very kind words, everyone.

A long-time family friend, my youngest sister's best friend, is on the board of directors of a soup kitchen and food pantry in Malden, Massachusetts that serves over 400 low-income and homeless families per month. I am asking that if you have found my salary cap pages useful that if you are able to do so, please make a donation to the Bread of Life soup kitchen/food pantry.

http://www.thebreadoflifeonline.org

I came late to the party but can not let a Miguel appreciation thread go without adding a pat on the back. I only got to Patsfans.com because it was linked to Miguel's page, which is an especially appreciated resource in the off-season. (Football as a year-round sport actually makes sense with a resource like this around.)

PFnV

Someone posted the FOTY nomination link here last year. If memory is correct, it will appear at patriots.com later this month.

I believe that was someone other than Miguel who was campaigning for it as he does every year. Either that or whoever posted it suggesting Miguel would be a worthy recipient had it hijacked by that unabashed campaigner pleading his case, complete with medical history hinting his time to be so honored was running out. And as usual the whole situation deteriorated into a pissing contest that pitted Miguel's supporters against someone desperate for the attention that Miguel more appropriately deserved IMO. And in the end neither won.

Maybe once the server issues are finally all worked out, Ian would consider instituting an MVP (Most Valuable Poster) award for this site to bestow annually. We know it would cause ructions, but when doesn't he, but it would be a nice touch if one or more bad apples weren't allowed to poison the endeavor by turning it into a pissing match.

I believe that was someone other than Miguel who was campaigning for it as he does every year. Either that or whoever posted it suggesting Miguel would be a worthy recipient had it hijacked by that unabashed campaigner pleading his case, complete with medical history hinting his time to be so honored was running out. And as usual the whole situation deteriorated into a pissing contest that pitted Miguel's supporters against someone desperate for the attention that Miguel more appropriately deserved IMO. And in the end neither won.

Maybe once the server issues are finally all worked out, Ian would consider instituting an MVP (Most Valuable Poster) award for this site to bestow annually. We know it would cause ructions, but when doesn't he, but it would be a nice touch if one or more bad apples weren't allowed to poison the endeavor by turning it into a pissing match.

As 'PatsWickedPissah' I find it disengenuous arguing against a pissin' match.
I like the MVP award. Maybe several categories, Most Football Insight, Best Writer, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes