PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kudos to Losman - manning up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Based on what Losman said in press conference [assuming it wasnt just as a payoff so Wilfork will tell the DL to spare his life on Sunday :) ] I think we should recognize him for being a bit more honest about the hit in the first game.

"As far as something being lenient, the way it was handled, if someone felt it was dirty, and you were going to fine him, then I think the fine was lenient,” he said. “If you didn’t, then there’s no point in fining them if you didn’t think it was that bad of a thing. That’s all I was trying to say.”

Did he believe it was a dirty hit at the time?

“No, I did not,” he said. “I didn’t care if it was or not.”

“And that’s all right,” Losman said. “I know he didn’t mean it. It’s a tough situation up there. I know some people gave him a hard time about it. There are no hard feelings. Like I said, it’s a rough game . . . I understand it’s not something he was trying to do to.”

Expressed this way I think we all agree with him. If they honestly thought it was dirty $12K is nothing and if it wasn't really dirty....... WHY THE HECK DID YOU GO AFTER HIM AT ALL.

Maybe the fact that he belatedly says he doesnt believe it was intentional will help Wilfork avoid the fine. (I thought I heard once that 75% of these fines get appealed by the union and get cancelled but the nfl doesnt go out of their way to make that public or it would expose their fine system to ridicule)

Did you mean "Manning up" - because all I see here is a cowardly retraction of his initial comments.

Did you mean "Manning up" - because all I see here is a cowardly retraction of his initial comments.

Give the guy a break. I was annoyed with his initial comments as well, but he had just gotten hurt and as a result lost his starting job. I don't blame him for having been upset.

Interesting is maybe the notion that Coach Jauron told Losman to do this so theres no animosity or extra motive to get the defense pumped up to punish him.
If this was the reason it's a pretty clever idea, although not enough to take the Patriots down a peg BB will have the soldiers ready for war.

I wouldn't really call that "manning up."

Maybe this is the start of something. We play Buff. Loserman retracts his statments about Wilfork trying to end his carreer. :rolleyes: What carreer. Next it will be Ratgini saying "I really didn't mean it honest it was an accident I swear. Then Old Man Shula,oh wait he already retracted.

I'll give props to Losman whom I'd never respected untill now. Maybe he's maturing. But I'm a big Edwards fan. Moderate luck to both. May they lose with grace and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back