Kudos To Light, Connolly, Koppen & Crumpler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They had a GREAT game.

lol Connolly? Ill give you everybody else but Connolly looked shakey on more than one occasion.

Light especially for me. He caught alot of flack last week (rightfully so) and he totally shut down Jared Allen today. Amazing bounce back

Connolly looked pretty bad early, but seemed to get his act together as the game went on.

Loved the Crumpler block coming across for the BJGE long gainer in the 4th qtr.

The O line kicked arse and kept TB mostly unscratched.

The crumpler addition has been huge for the running game, that and having a couple of backs that run straight and don't go down when they see a different colored jersey. And itt was good to see Light have a good game like that.

The difference between a great O line and a bad O line is a QB. The O-line is good because of Brady. The rushing game is being helped tremendously by Crumpler. He is laying down some tremendous blocks.

The difference between a great O line and a bad O line is a QB. The O-line is good because of Brady.

There's plenty of truth to this, but when a team allows no sacks and its RBs average 5.4 ypc, the o-line surely deserves praise.

The difference between a great O line and a bad O line is a QB. The O-line is good because of Brady. The rushing game is being helped tremendously by Crumpler. He is laying down some tremendous blocks.

not exactly. Crumpler was having an off game last week and it showed in Brady's play.

Crumpler seems to have realized this and gotten back to his high standard of play.

I think it starts with Crumpler and ends with Brady... when both are having a good day its tough to stop this offense.

Half-time adjustments were key to this win. This is remarkable considering their m.o. earlier in the year, which was marked by unresponsiveness in the second half. Big improvement in the running game and BJGE's presser displayed a level of confidence unseen before.

Light played well. Not to downplay a good game, but has Allen lost a step? I think he's the type Light handles anyway.

It seems to me that Alge Crumpler is a determining factor to the Patriots on offense. He plays well we play well enough. He's been quite the acquisition.

Who threw the block for Lawfirm's touchdown run?

It seems to me that Alge Crumpler is a determining factor to the Patriots on offense. He plays well we play well enough. He's been quite the acquisition.

Ever since I heard Belichick call him awesome I knew he was very special. I've never heard BB utter that word about any player previously. I even started a thread about it here.

Light needs to have help when we play teams with fast edge rushers.....fact.

Time for BB to draft a young stud OT early in next April's draft.

Uh, there is no stud OT in next years draft..

Light needs to have help when we play teams with fast edge rushers.....fact.

Time for BB to draft a young stud OT early in next April's draft.

So, a night where Light shut down his opponents while Crumpler, Connolly and Vollmer were all inconsistent leads you to bring out the post criticizing Light?

:bricks:

The O line kicked arse and kept TB mostly unscratched.

Except the four or so times that their D-backs and line got through as if nobody had even touched them! Brady found legs yesterday, was scrambling pretty well.

Except the four or so times that their D-backs and line got through as if nobody had even touched them! Brady found legs yesterday, was scrambling pretty well.

I hate seeing Brady scrambling outside the pocket. He just looks so odd at it, but kudos to him for doing what needed to be done, to get the ball out to those open WRs. Very impressed with the Tate play, because that throw had INT written all over it.

Yeah, I would say the OL play yesterday was fair in the first half, then stepped it up to a little above average in the 2nd half. It wasnt anything to really be proud of. They had some nice blocks on some runs by BJGE, but as a whole it wasnt that great of a performance. Brady was under pressure a lot when the Vikings rushed 4+ guys, and that is when Brady starts to get uncomfortable and it effects his game. Luckily yesterday Brady was able to move well and escape the pocket, but I dont think this is something the Pats can count on the first of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes