PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Quotes Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
For $5 million, Wells would write a report that pig **** tastes like ice cream, toilet seats cause venereal disease and that R. Stokoe G-Man has a functioning brain. The report would be heralded as "independent" with fines and suspensions levied against the imagined perpetrators.
Lays' presents it's newest customer flavor, pig ****, courtesy of Mr. Wells.

Yes. Are you claiming 2 games is roughly equivalent to 4 games, 1M, a first rounder, and a fourth rounder?

Not to mention that attempting to defraud the league's drug testing program would seem to be kind of a BFD.

Bet you can't eat just one ...

Or maybe you meant Baskin-Robbins instead of Lays!

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Wells has at his disposal a scientific research firm that will produce a study that gravity doesn't exist for the right price.

I dont accept the premise that since it wasn't viewed as important it isn't a big deal.

I hear you. But in that case, the league* is responsible to deal in a systematic way with what they consider some vital part of the game.

Is it important or not?

If so, why aren't there league-standard gauges? You have standard helmets, standard pads, standard balls... hell, you have standards for how you wear your socks.

But you never even tried to make sure the gauges are standard -- the rock on which NFL* competitiveness is founded, if we're to believe some of the press -- you're pretty much saying "this is only important if it's the Patriots."

Lets say on some page of the rule-book there's a paragraph that says that if a QB wears a wristband with plays printed on it the plays cannot be printed in a font size below 8. Let's say nobody cares or checks it. What do you think happens if a Clots D-Lineman says "that type looks too small?" Same thing. It's 7-point-gate, with the Pats claiming that it is an 8-point font with a low x-height.

Applying common sense: At some point a ball is too flat to throw well. At some point (for most) a ball is too over-inflated to get a grip. Everybody knows this. It's not "everybody wants a flat ball and only the Pats got one" in the first place. But that's how it's portrayed.

So you're right... if there's this grand conspiracy to cheat on this fantastically important rule, okay that's one thing. If there's a "pushing the edge" that got them busted on an unimportant rule, that's another. If there's no proof of either that's quite another -- and that's what we have here.

Again, psi may be meaningless but a planned, stealth, conspiratorial attempt to deceive the referees into not knowing you are playing with footballs that do not conform to the rules, is a serious crime, regardless of whether it created an advantage or not. Of course it didn't happen, but if it did, the Patriots would deserve what they have gotten.

Like I said, I feel you there, it's the "intent" thing that deserves the harsh penalty.

But first of all, we haven't even seen proof of event never mind intent. Secondly, do you hold that opinion on the point-size-on-wristbands example?

There's stickum, which changes the character of the game significantly. Then there's HGH and steroids. Then there's oh I dunno blood doping. Then there's 9 miles of insignificant ****, then there's this.

And I might add, then there's stealing draft picks and suspending star players without evidence and tampering and cap cheating, before the 9 miles of insignificant ****.

If anyone is so sick of Kraft that they'd like to get rid of their season tickets, and those tickets are about at the 50 yard line down near the field, let me know. I'll buy 'em in a heart beat.

I'm that sick of Kraft but I don't have season tickets.

That is my point. Brady CANNOT be guilty of deflating footballs because the footballs were not deflated. The psi in the footballs was exactly what footballs that are inflated to 12.5psi measure in the conditions.

Its like saying Brady cheated because water that measured 65 degrees in the locker room measured 79 degrees after being out on the field in the sun for the first half. When the measurement is what science says it is supposed to be you have proven beyond any shadow of doubt that manipulation could not have possibly happened.

But does Brady have any recourse? There must be some way for him to fight such a blatant injustice, even in Bob & Goody's version of the NFL.

Brady will use this to wipe out his suspension in court.

Good job by the AEI. Nice graphic.

Good job by the NYT for printing it, on 2 counts: Yes, a "leftie" (sic) newspaper would print an AEI think piece; and no, it didn't "break" in any of the rightie papers. That said good job, AEI - you've found your true calling :)

But does Brady have any recourse? There must be some way for him to fight such a blatant injustice, even in Bob & Goody's version of the NFL.
Of course. He is appealing the suspension with the league and if that fails will go to court. You cannot prevent a unionized worker from working without legitimate cause, and the Wells report would not come close to that.
Even taken at its worst, and assuming deflation actually happened, the only evidence that Brady was complicit were phone calls the day after that no one has ever testified were about anything untoward.

The closest analogy I can think up to the Pats getting hammered for allowing natural laws to hold sway in their stadium would be if the Broncos lost draft picks, Manning got suspended, and Pat Bowlen dinged $1 million for permitting the oxygen level at Mile High to be below league norms. And that actually has an effect on competitiveness that a purported fraction of a psi cannot possibly have.

What's the difference?

Well...

you know.

OK...Bob.......

So why exactly is Goodell a selfless league employee guided by the sole objective of protecting the honor and integrity of the shield?

Maybe someone hacked your account because this is about the m
ost convoluted response ever witnessed at patsfans.com.

I'm sorry you are unable to comprehend my post.

Yes. Are you claiming 2 games is roughly equivalent to 4 games, 1M, a first rounder, and a fourth rounder?
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying the penalty against the Patriots is based upon the incorrect assumption that they perpetrated a scheme to cheat by circumventing the rules and altering game balls after the referees certified them in the AFCCG. Had the Patriots devised a covert plan to make the refs think the balls were ok, and then snuck off to change them to give them a competitive advantage, the penalty should be excessive, and I wouldn't argue with the one they assessed. Of course, they did nothing.
Where Miller is concerned, he got 2 games. We could argue forever which is worse, cheating on a PED test or cheating on the field, but the point was the reason for the penalties would be similar.

I somehow find myself in an argument about how just penalties would be if there was an actual crime committed while knowing there was no crime committed, so I'm going to end my participation in this, but leave it with the thought that it doesn't help the cause to be acting paranoid or to be arguing whether the penalty is excessive for a crine that wasn't committed, but if it was would be a very serious and unacceptable crime. It doesn't matter how much psi affects anything, if something were done, what matters is a scheme to cheat.

Maybe I'm optimistic because of the ring ceremony, but I think Kraft is backing Brady privately. Brady looks loose and vibrant in every picture we've seen of him and the only awkward part of their photo together was Kraft's girlfriend. I have to think Kraft is toeing the line in public and in private has said "Give'em hell, Tommy". And from the look of every picture we've seen of him, Brady is 100% positive he'll be on the field Opening Night.

Maybe I'm optimistic because of the ring ceremony, but I think Kraft is backing Brady privately. Brady looks loose and vibrant in every picture we've seen of him and the only awkward part of their photo together was Kraft's girlfriend. I have to think Kraft is toeing the line in public and in private has said "Give'em hell, Tommy". And from the look of every picture we've seen of him, Brady is 100% positive he'll be on the field Opening Night.

So what you are saying is that Kraft publicly doing everything he possibly can to not help Brady is your proof that he is secretly helping Brady? In what way would he be helping him? He has his opportunity and chose not to.

I hear you. But in that case, the league* is responsible to deal in a systematic way with what they consider some vital part of the game.

Is it important or not?

If so, why aren't there league-standard gauges? You have standard helmets, standard pads, standard balls... hell, you have standards for how you wear your socks.

But you never even tried to make sure the gauges are standard -- the rock on which NFL* competitiveness is founded, if we're to believe some of the press -- you're pretty much saying "this is only important if it's the Patriots."

Lets say on some page of the rule-book there's a paragraph that says that if a QB wears a wristband with plays printed on it the plays cannot be printed in a font size below 8. Let's say nobody cares or checks it. What do you think happens if a Clots D-Lineman says "that type looks too small?" Same thing. It's 7-point-gate, with the Pats claiming that it is an 8-point font with a low x-height.

Applying common sense: At some point a ball is too flat to throw well. At some point (for most) a ball is too over-inflated to get a grip. Everybody knows this. It's not "everybody wants a flat ball and only the Pats got one" in the first place. But that's how it's portrayed.

So you're right... if there's this grand conspiracy to cheat on this fantastically important rule, okay that's one thing. If there's a "pushing the edge" that got them busted on an unimportant rule, that's another. If there's no proof of either that's quite another -- and that's what we have here.

Like I said, I feel you there, it's the "intent" thing that deserves the harsh penalty.

But first of all, we haven't even seen proof of event never mind intent. Secondly, do you hold that opinion on the point-size-on-wristbands example?

There's stickum, which changes the character of the game significantly. Then there's HGH and steroids. Then there's oh I dunno blood doping. Then there's 9 miles of insignificant ****, then there's this.
I would add that it was a flawed rule to begin with (Matt Chatham's point). The guys who created the rule apparently didn't factor in weather related deflation because they didn't understand Ideal Gas Law.

Any reasonable and sane commissioner (it would be nice if we had one), would have just amended the rule to allow for weather related "fudge factor" in psi or just broadened the range. If they went this way, at worst, the league has a little egg on its face for a poorly drafted rule. Instead, our dimwitted commissioner decides to hire a law firm to try to alter the laws of physics and creates a league image fiasco.

I don't really want to believe that Kraft is just another nefarious businessman who doesn't give a sh*t about his team and that his public support of Goodell is just his inept way of trying to manage an out of control egomaniac in a position of authority. Whichever the case, Kraft really, really, really needs to stop it.

I would add that it was a flawed rule to begin with (Matt Chatham's point). The guys who created the rule apparently didn't factor in weather related deflation because they didn't understand Ideal Gas Law.

Any reasonable and sane commissioner (it would be nice if we had one), would have just amended the rule to allow for weather related "fudge factor" in psi or just broadened the range. If they went this way, at worst, the league has a little egg on its face for a poorly drafted rule. Instead, our dimwitted commissioner decides to hire a law firm to try to alter the laws of physics and creates a league image fiasco.

I don't really want to believe that Kraft is just another nefarious businessman who doesn't give a sh*t about his team and that his public support of Goodell is just his inept way of trying to manage an out of control egomaniac in a position of authority. Whichever the case, Kraft really, really, really needs to stop it.

The issue is not whether the balls were underinflated to the rule, the issue is that they believe that the Patriots hatched a plan to trick the refs into thinking the balls met spec, and then snuck off and deflated them so they could gain a competitive advantage by using balls the refs would not have allowed in the game.

Lets put it another way. If the measurements were all 12.5 but there was video of The Deflator and Dorito Dink sneaking off to alter the balls after the ref had approved them, the Patriots would be 100% guilty.

The issue is not whether the balls were underinflated to the rule, the issue is that they believe that the Patriots hatched a plan to trick the refs into thinking the balls met spec, and then snuck off and deflated them so they could gain a competitive advantage by using balls the refs would not have allowed in the game.

Lets put it another way. If the measurements were all 12.5 but there was video of The Deflator and Dorito Dink sneaking off to alter the balls after the ref had approved them, the Patriots would be 100% guilty.
True but a more sensible commissioner would have never let it get to the "The Deflator and Dorito Dink" stage. The inquiry should have been "can we safely rule out weather related causes?" (clearly they couldn't) instead their approach was "how do we get around the weather related explanation?" So they fished around until they came up with something that looks insinuating (even if vague and out of context).

The problem here is we have a commissioner, with no legal training, playing judge and appellate court. . . and sucking pretty badly at both. And, to the point, it was pretty damn stupid to consent to any agreement giving Goodell this kind of authority.

The problem is that the commissioner is a biased POS who makes up penalties as he sees fit not in accordance with established precedents. Prior to the camera placement fiasco, the penalty for rules violation was a third round pick, but the Pats get hit with a first round pick. Prior penalty for tampering with player is loss of pick and swap of pick with offended team. Jets caught tampering only monetary fine. Vikings on tv tampering with football by heating it, warning. Pats not tampering with football loss of draft picks. Obvious bias, yet the gutless putz that owns the Pats doesn't even bring the bias up and bends over for another shafteroo by his lords and masters. How stupid and blind does Kraft think we fans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back