PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Paid for Pro Shop Employees to go to the Big Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another win move. He is doing it like a baws.

Great move by a class act guy. Unfortunately, no one will probably know or hear about this today outside of those who follow the team closely.

It will be all talk of the heartless Patriots who cut poor old Tiquan Underwood instead.

Great move by a class act guy. Unfortunately, no one will probably know or hear about this today outside of those who follow the team closely.

It will be all talk of the heartless Patriots who cut poor old Tiquan Underwood instead.

Agree on all counts.

This is the kind of boss I'd love to work for. He demands accountability & responsibility, but rewards you with more than just a paycheck. He remembers the folks behind the scenes who make it all come together.

I spent a number of years working in the entertainment industry. Film, theater, TV. You produce a great show and everyone remembers the actors. No one knows who the sound techs were that let you hear it. No one knows who the light techs were, or the make-up crew, the props guys, craft services, transportation, etc.

The thing is, Bob Kraft remembers those folks, and they know that he remembers and appreciates them. Because of tat, they'll work harder for him, because it's more than just a paycheck.

Another reason why I'm a fan of this team. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome. Mr. Kraft is just all around class/good guy. Don't think any other owners have done, or would have done this. Should bring the Minute Men too. :)

Do not want to minimize his efforts, but believe that he has done this before, seem to recollect that at one superbowl he sent three planes of employees to a superbowl.

Mr. Kraft is a very good team owner, and compared to some of the other half wits around the NFL he stands heads and shoulders above the rest.

To be fair, that was pretty heartless. If they knew they weren't going to use him and couldn't put him on the PS, you don't let the guy go through two weeks of practice and prep and cut him the day before.

And there's no guaranty that he Giants would have picked him up either since they'd have to cut one of their own players to make room for him on the roster.

But yeah, on topic, very cool thing for Bob to do.

Great gesture by Mr. Kraft:)

Please stop judging BB and calling him heartless. It's just as heartless to judge someone without all the facts.

Last edited:
To be fair, that was pretty heartless. If they knew they weren't going to use him and couldn't put him on the PS, you don't let the guy go through two weeks of practice and prep and cut him the day before.

Admittedly, I don't know much about NFL compensation, but isn't that two more weeks of pay? And two more weeks of work that might help him be on the team next year?

How do you know that Underwood didn't know about it two weeks ago?

And there's no guaranty that he Giants would have picked him up either since they'd have to cut one of their own players to make room for him on the roster.

What if they didn't know? Silvestro has ST value and could replace Gronk's place on ST. It could have been entirely dependent on how quickly Gronk healed. Or maybe he showed something on the PS the past few weeks that made them think he could be of use in the game. We don't know for sure.

But if this is the best move for the team, then I'm sorry if some see it as "heartless," but it needs to be done. You can put the feelings of our #5 WR ahead of the team if you want, but I'm glad BB doesn't.

As for the article itself, I can't say enough good things about Robert Kraft as an owner and a person. Things like this don't surprise me because he does them all the time, but it certainly makes me very thankful to be a Patriots fan.

Are you saying it would have been kinder and gentler to not let him come to Indy, and not let him be considered for game day activity? If you can't guarantee he will play, cut him to save him the trouble of practicing?
Underwood did the job he is mostly on the team for, practice and help get the team ready. Why was it heartless to have a guy who isn't one of your best 45 but is one of your best 60 go through practice. Was it heartless to make the practice sqaud guys and others that will be inactive go through 2 weeks of preparation?

What if they didn't know? Silvestro has ST value and could replace Gronk's place on ST. It could have been entirely dependent on how quickly Gronk healed. Or maybe he showed something on the PS the past few weeks that made them think he could be of use in the game. We don't know for sure.

But if this is the best move for the team, then I'm sorry if some see it as "heartless," but it needs to be done. You can put the feelings of our #5 WR ahead of the team if you want, but I'm glad BB doesn't.

As for the article itself, I can't say enough good things about Robert Kraft as an owner and a person. Things like this don't surprise me because he does them all the time, but it certainly makes me very thankful to be a Patriots fan.

Underwood is active in some games and inactive in others. That is his role. Nothing changed other than one of the inactives had to be cut because a practice sqaud guy carved out a role.
They couldn't and shouldn't make a decision on the roster until they decide on a game day active roster, which must happen at the last minute.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the link. One of the many classy gestures by Kraft. Hope he gets another trophy tonight.

Kraft is a great owner and I like the fact that he took care of the ordinary
Joe type of employee.

As a season ticket holder who has not received superbowl tickets since
the Sullivans owned the team, I would love to hear the number of tickets
released to the blue seat season ticket holders.

All season ticket holders got superbowl tickets when the Sullivans owned
the team.

Now the club seats get superbowl tickets, and I do not know 1 blue seat
season ticket holder that received superbowl tickets.

I would just like to know how many tickets were released to blue seat
season ticket holder.

Then again... I am greatful that I was able to sit in my seats for the
playoff games. You cannot say that about the Redsox.

The Redsox will move you from your seats in the playoffs.

aww so nice!

And now there will be a few more Pats fans in those stands! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back