PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Kisses Rosenhaus' Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
A businessman through and through. ;)

As Patriots owner Robert Kraft addressed a gathering of reporters today, he stopped in mid-sentence to greet sports agent Drew Rosenhaus, who interrupted the Q&A.

"It worked out well, with Donte' [Stallworth] and [Larry] Izzo," Rosenhaus said to Kraft. "It's great. Thanks a ton. I enjoyed working with Scott [Pioli], as usual, and Coach Belichick."

"Our organization has a lot of confidence in you," Kraft said.

"Thanks," Rosenhaus replied. "It's going to be a good thing."

"And keep bringing us good players," Kraft said.

The quick exchange was a good snapshot of the type of schmoozing that goes on at the NFL annual meeting.

We'll have more from Kraft's interview with the media in a bit.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Someone, Curran, Reiss, Holley, I forget who, has said before that Belichick respects Rosenhaus because he works hard and gets the job done - albeit with more flash than Belichick ;) Bon Jovi proves that you don't have to be a Belichick clone for him to respect what you do.

While talking to Rosenhous I bet Kraft was secretly thinking "D-Bag!":D

JK.. He's on a little better terms with me since he made the Stallworth deal happen. You know that guy currently has 60 active contracts negotiated in the NFL, alone? I might not like the guy, but if I need representation I am sure glad I know his nunber;)

One of Kraft's top business skills is deal making. He knows it can get ugly.

Just think of how close the Hartford move came to happening.

This kind of schmoozing is one of the few things he can do to actively help the team other than hire good people and get out of the way. Bravo to him for doing it.

If buttering up Rosenhaus gets us a few good players, I'm all

for it.

If Stallworth has a great year and we need to rework his contract,we might be thankfull about this.At least it wasn't the Poston brothers.

Haven't they had a good relationship with Rosenhaus for a while? It seemed as if BB was helping Rosenhaus get McGahee drafted high a few years ago.

If you've ever been a room during and then after a deal, you see this exact thing. Basically, people beat the sh*t out of each other for hours, days, weeks getting as ugly and nasty as can be, and then before the ink is even dry, it's all bouquets and kisses.

It sort of reminds me of those old looney toons cartoons from the Bugs Bunny era. It would start out with Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog punching in at a time clock, and wishing each other a "good morning." For the next 10 minutes, Ralph tried to steal the sheep, and Sam would find clever ways to kick the sh*t out of Ralph. At the end of the episode, it would flash to Ralph, usually in a cast of some sort, and Sam punching out. "G'nite, Ralph." "G'nite, Sam."

There can only be one reason for this and that is the RK covets Terrell Owens. First field turf and now TO .... (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back