PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft just made a great point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawky77

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If Brady sets the Single Season TD record he will do it playing only one game in a DOME, the Oct game in INDY.

Thus Brady will have set the record for TDs playing outside through all of NOV and DEC. a much more difficult feat indeed.

Re: Kraft just made a great point;

Been discussed here extensively. Is Kraft stealing guys stuff?

These individual records aren't all that important. Super Bowl wins and perfect seasons can't be taken away from you. Season most-TD records can.

And this is yet another reason why Payaton is a fraud.

Yeah, I really don't think it's an accident that a guy who plays in a dome and a guy who played 8 games a year in Miami are the other guys at the top of the list.

Still, I hate all this stuff -- the record is the record. We sound like Jerry Rice.

I don't believe in qualifying records. That's a two-way street that I don't want to go down. You either break 'em or you don't. What's in the books is in the books. It's what people will remember, it's what'll go down in history. Any further discussion is a waste of everybody's time.

Yeah I heard Jonathan Kraft say this too before the game in an interview.

I swear, major people read this message board more than we all realize.

Yeah I heard Jonathan Kraft say this too before the game in an interview.

I swear, major people read this message board more than we all realize.

Either that or Brady playing outside and Peyton playing mostly in a dome is a REALLY obvious point that one needn't read a message board to come up with.

Either that or Brady playing outside and Peyton playing mostly in a dome is a REALLY obvious point that one needn't read a message board to come up with.

While possible, I think it's unlikely.

I'm a huge Pats fan and think of football a lot, but there is lots of stuff here that I wouldn't have even thought about unless I read it from here. There is lots of great info and points that you don't really know unless you come to a place like this, and from the way Jonathan Kraft was talking last night, it was as if he was literally repeating a thread I read from here earlier in the week.

I don't believe in qualifying records. That's a two-way street that I don't want to go down. You either break 'em or you don't. What's in the books is in the books. It's what people will remember, it's what'll go down in history. Any further discussion is a waste of everybody's time.

I can live with this take. We can argue that if Peyton had however many more attempts, or if he had played in game 16, and certainly you can argue weather. Indoor versus Outdoor, IMO, is a bit overrated. Brady had 2 "weather" games this season. One on the road. A roadie that the Colts made the next week. Just the way the schedule worked. In the end, as you said, 50 is 50. Good job outta TB.

Seriously? Who WOULDN'T be able to come up with "Brady did it outside and Peyton plays in a dome." I agree that there are some insights I wouldn't have thought of, but how on EARTH is THAT one of them? Come on, guys. Get real.

Screw excuses for Rice and Manning. One guy was on strike, the other guy sat out. So what's the lesson learned? Show up EVERY week and immortality will be yours.

No, he didn't play in a dome. Only against the worst collective record 2-4 in the history of any division.

Ill speculate on how some teams will fair at the end of the weekend. And Ill project that the Colts, Cowboys, Chargers, Browns and Steelers will all win. And if that happens, and go ahead and throw in the Giants, they'll have beaten two 14-win teams on THEIR turf, two 11-win teams, and two 10-win teams. Flip that and look at your boys' wins. Indy has beaten Jacksonville a couple of times and Tampa Bay. If the Colts win today, they'll have won 3 games against 2 teams with 10 or more wins. Shut up.

We were talking about this a few weeks ago pointing the same thing out (sometimes I wonder how many players and team reps routinely check out this board)

The Manning lovers of course will do their best to somehow detract from Brady's accomplishments, but as with Manning's years of multiple 1000 yard WRs (note that this is the first time Brady has ONE let alone more than one 1000 yd WR) it would be interesting to see how many TDs he could have scored in the same Dome conditions as Manning.

I go along with the conservative estimates of 5-8 more TDs.

Seriously? Who WOULDN'T be able to come up with "Brady did it outside and Peyton plays in a dome." I agree that there are some insights I wouldn't have thought of, but how on EARTH is THAT one of them? Come on, guys. Get real.

Of course it's public information, but what NFL exec comes up with these kinds of points?

Do you think Jonathan Kraft is sitting around in his office thinking about how much better Brady's season was than Manning's 2004 season?
More than likely, no.
He probably read that thread from a few days ago, and liked it enough that he brought up this point out of the blue during his interview yesterday.

I've been noticing stuff like this for maybe the past two years now, someone makes a great point or thread here, and then I read the same thing on an article or in an interview a few days later.

Last edited:
Ill speculate on how some teams will fair at the end of the weekend. And Ill project that the Colts, Cowboys, Chargers, Browns and Steelers will all win. And if that happens, and go ahead and throw in the Giants, they'll have beaten two 14-win teams on THEIR turf, two 11-win teams, and two 10-win teams. Flip that and look at your boys' wins. Indy has beaten Jacksonville a couple of times and Tampa Bay. If the Colts win today, they'll have won 3 games against 2 teams with 10 or more wins. Shut up.

And if they LOSE today, they'll have FOUR wins against THREE teams with ten or more wins!

"Don't Go Colts"!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill