PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Family ignores Pats best interests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count another vote for "It WAS a football move." It just was a long-term move, rather than a short term move. It was designed to preserve the Krafts position of influence and power in the league, and their good relationship with other teams, allowing future deals to go through more smoothly. It's something that benefits the Patriots a lot, I think. In turn, they gave up a draft choice at the very end of the draft.

One way to think about it: I know that I would have bought at least one more new car in my lifetime if I thought that the dealerships were being straightforward about the price, rather than attempting to screw me out of every single extra dollar with sleazy little techniques at the last minute. So, they lose out on thousands in the long term in order to make hundreds.

Now, obviously the Pats are willing to do whatever is necessary within the rules to improve their team. For instance, if the Phins had said they wanted a 4th, instead of a 7th, I bet the Pats sign Welker to the poison pill offer sheet anyway. But a 7th to smooth the deal means Kraft gets his man and doesn't have to come across like an fscking used car salesman.

If you don't think Welker is worth a 2nd in the first place, well, that's understandable. But drawing such a hard line in the sand over an extra 7th just doesn't seem to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back