PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Family ignores Pats best interests

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most unintentionally funny post I've read in quite some time.

3. GIVING UP DRAFT PICKS FOR NOTHING IS BULLSH*T

Let me ask you something.

How many of our draft picks will actually make the team outright this year?

I'm going to say not many.

Just a guess.

Up until this deal I had nothing but praise for the Pats, and I was quite happy about it.
Riiiiiiiight. Yeah, I buy that.

They get a good solid player that will contribute to the consistency and productvity of their offense and all you can think to say is that you've been betrayed because the team gave up a precious seventh round pick. Yet you don't even know who the previous seventh round picks were.

Forgive me for being skeptical as you your 'support'. You're trolling bub, pure and simple. Just have the nuts to be honest about it.

Lets not overlook the fact that theres a good chance anyone the Pats would draft in the 7th round would probably go undrafted otherwsie; in other words, they can just call the kid and ask him to come to camp and probably see him show up undrafted.

I don't think they like football.

Probably one of those write off things.

Lets not overlook the fact that theres a good chance anyone the Pats would draft in the 7th round would probably go undrafted otherwsie; in other words, they can just call the kid and ask him to come to camp and probably see him show up undrafted.
That may not be true, though: Cassel is probably the most recent example. If they didn't use the 7th on him, he may have been selected by someone else.

Like I mentioned before, there's several years of 7th round Patriots picks to assess and determine just how valuable a 7th round pick really is. If we could be certain that 7th this year would yield a Givens, I might agree that they should have held the pick and rolled the dice on the offer sheet. But as any adult knows, a guarantee that a team can replicate what was perhaps their best ever seventh round pick is not possible.

Other than that, though, what seventh round picks have been so great that giving this 7th today is worth any debate? Pass? I liked his versatility, but come on. He had 130 rushing attempts and 66 catches in seven seasons. Banta Cain? Again, he's done well to come as far as he has, but this team that so needs young linebackers benched him in the playoffs and is letting him walk now. I like Cassel too but honestly, I'll take the guy that's going to be on the field for significant snaps next year. I'll even take him over Willie Andrews, who has already proven to be a good special teamer. After that, there is no debate between Welker and people like TJ Turner and Casey Tisdale. Fact is the entire draft is a crap shoot, and that's no more true that in the final 30 picks.

Riiiiiiiight. Yeah, I buy that.

They get a good solid player that will contribute to the consistency and productvity of their offense and all you can think to say is that you've been betrayed because the team gave up a precious seventh round pick. Yet you don't even know who the previous seventh round picks were.

Forgive me for being skeptical as you your 'support'. You're trolling bub, pure and simple. Just have the nuts to be honest about it.

So you're too stupid to figure out how to search for my previous posts?

Here's one

Come back when you're done pulling facts out of your butt in Borges-like fashion.

That may not be true, though: Cassel is probably the most recent example. If they didn't use the 7th on him, he may have been selected by someone else.

Unlikely. I was in the ESPN live chat when he was taken, and the ESPN moderator didn't even know who he was. In fact, he didn't even have a profile up in the main draft interface. Almost nobody drafts players with about 20 snaps in their college careers.

Let me ask you something.

How many of our draft picks will actually make the team outright this year?

I'm going to say not many.

Just a guess.

Not many? What is that? 3 rookies? 4 rookies?

I expect us to have nine draft picks, and I expect 5-7 of those (leaning towards the high end) to either make the team or be traded for compensation.

I am quite sure that when Miami uses our pick there will be a player on the board that BB thinks:

A: Has a good chance of making the team and
B: Has a good chance of being taken as one of the final 15-20 picks of the draft (or otherwise being locked up by another team as an UDFA).

Apparently you have no clue what you're doing.

The whole point of a poison pill is that its money that you don't have to pay (but the old team does).

How would a poison pill have cost the Patriots money?
Was your first post serious, then? I assumed that you were joking, it was so obviosuly dumb.

The poison pill would not have cost money right now, but there is more to running a top-notch business than avoiding every expense you can. Money spent today can earn goodwill and save more dollars later.

Kraft has run a classy organization from day one.

Kraft and/or BB/Sp preferred not to use the poison pill. To me, that showed a bit of class.

The poison pill is legal, but look at the dissension and hate it caused between the Seahawks and Vikings.

If the cost of taking the high road is the 28th pick in the last round of the draft, that is not very expensive.

You can also think about it this way... the Patriots have gotten so much bad press this year with the Belichick incidents and the comments that we are a cheap and classless org.... this may be a P.R. move. I don't know if it actually effects our chances of signing free agents and conducting trades, but shedding some of the negativity the media has pinned on us is well worth a late 7th round pick.

After that, there is no debate between Welker and people like TJ Turner and Casey Tisdale. Fact is the entire draft is a crap shoot, and that's no more true that in the final 30 picks.

A reasonable person can say that:

$18M in cash and cap plus
A second round draft choice plus
A lump of coal (i.e. TJ Turner or Casey Tisdale)

is better than Welker.

I would disagree with that person today. But it wouldn't surprise me if five years from now I wish we had taken the lump of coal, the money, and the second round pick.

If, instead of the lump of coal, we get Patrick Pass or even David Givens, that's even better.

Not many? What is that? 3 rookies? 4 rookies?

I expect us to have nine draft picks, and I expect 5-7 of those (leaning towards the high end) to either make the team or be traded for compensation.

I am quite sure that when Miami uses our pick there will be a player on the board that BB thinks:

A: Has a good chance of making the team and
B: Has a good chance of being taken as one of the final 15-20 picks of the draft (or otherwise being locked up by another team as an UDFA).

You expect 5 to 7 rookies to make the team.

Last years draft which was considered to be one of the best drafts we've had in a long time. Out of a possible 10 players that could make the team (which is the 53 man roster) 7 players made it.

(Mills counts because he was on the 53 when he was IR'd)

Didn't count Le Kevin because hes on the practice squad. Stevenson and Mincey didn't make it.

That's an incredibly high number for a team that is in constant championship running mode.

We don't have many holes to fill up here but i expect 4 to 5 rookies TOPS make this team. Most as legitimate backups. Unless safety is addressed.

Yes I'm also sure Belichick salivates at the thought of the seventh round.

I heard last year when we picked up Willie Andrews he almost ejaculated all over the "war room" table.

The general image and reputation of the front office DOES matter. Just ask Polian, or rather his opponents.

If Kraft thinks it's worth spending a 7th on that, he's likely to be right.

Besides, I doubt he rammed this deal down Pioli and BB's throat. Rather, he probably said "You sound like you're uncomfortable with the poison pill. So am I. Let me call up Huizenga owner to owner and see if we can get it taken care of."

The general image and reputation of the front office DOES matter. Just ask Polian, or rather his opponents.

If Kraft thinks it's worth spending a 7th on that, he's likely to be right.

Besides, I doubt he rammed this deal down Pioli and BB's throat. Rather, he probably said "You sound like you're uncomfortable with the poison pill. So am I. Let me call up Huizenga owner to owner and see if we can get it taken care of."

OR.....

Kraft stormed into a laughter filled room where Belichick and Pioli sat comfortably discussing a good days work and some good moments from past days.

When SUDDENLY the angry hateful Kraft knocked over a pile of papers on a desk (which just so happened to be smiley faces and stick figures Kraft was drawing earlier in the day). And starts yelling at Pioli and Bill about how terrible that deal was and slurring about being made fun of on WEEI.

Scott and Bill start to tell him about the deal but before even one of them could even mutter a word.

KRAFT EXPLODES into a sober drunken rampage slurring countless words to a point that Scott and Bill have to almost make up there own dialogue for him and try and dissect bits and pieces to try and figure out what the hell he is slurring.

After Kraft mutters "Now Biwl i wan ta yoo ta kal Meamee and ofa dems a sefefth rawd pic" After Bill and Scott stare expressionlessly at Kraft they interrupt him and say no more and just agree to send whatever the hell Kraft wants to Miami for Welker.

Rather than Decode The Kraft Code.

That's what some people would rather have you believe happened.

Last edited:
You left out the part where Kraft kicked a puppy and stole some candy from a baby.

You left out the part where Kraft kicked a puppy and stole some candy from a baby.

That was on his way into the office.

The puppy was just adopted and about to be delivered so it shouldn't have been lying on the floor.

The baby shouldn't have had the hard candy in the first place and rightfully took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes