PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Family ignores Pats best interests

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point. They throw in an all-but-worthless seventh-rounder so they don't have to piss anyone off with a poison pill and have it used against them when the Karma Boomerang comes around.

Sometimes a gentleman's agreement is worth a little extra.

when did we become a franchise worried about karma boomerangs that thinks 7th round picks are worthless?

i admire some of you in your blind admiration of the krafts, but the bottom line is we could have gotten a better deal.

when did we become a franchise worried about karma boomerangs that thinks 7th round picks are worthless?

i admire some of you in your blind admiration of the krafts, but the bottom line is we could have gotten a better deal.

To me, this was all about the money. I want to see what they end up signing Welker to. I don't think they were scared of the poison pill.

Maybe I'll just throw a dollar out of the car on the way to work tomorrow. It's not THAT important in the scheme of things is it.

Our front office should be ashamed of themselves.

Which could have ended up a worse deal when a team we poison-pilled decides to do the same to us. Look beyond numbers for a second.

So did the Pats simply piss away a seventh-round pick? The easy answer is yes.

But the correct answer is No!

1. They don't have to wait a week for the process to complete hindering other possible moves.

2. They can now negotiate a friendlier contract

3. They didn't upset the Owners apple cart and almost assuring future revenge. note: I also realize that this doesn't completely remove that future threat but it is unlikely that the Dolphins would resort to it.

So no, IMO the Pats didn't piss away a 7th round pick.

Last edited:
To me, this was all about the money. I want to see what they end up signing Welker to. I don't think they were scared of the poison pill.

I honestly don't care what their reasons are. They got a steal.

So did the Pats simply piss away a seventh-round pick? The easy answer is yes.

dude, you need help if you actually stopped reading after that line and assumed that what the author was saying............ seriously, we can't help you then. :confused:

Man, some folks have to get a grip. The deals done and the team is better because of it. Nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. And I don't care. They do what ever they think is right and I am ok with that! It's been a good run so far, and I doubt the loss of a 7th round pick would ruin that for us.

Stop yer whining, thats my suggestion.

Maybe I'll just throw a dollar out of the car on the way to work tomorrow. It's not THAT important in the scheme of things is it.

You can get a better deal by not tipping at a restaurant, but I'd rather shell out the cash to make sure that the waitress doesn't spit in my food the next time.

Man, some folks have to get a grip. The deals done and the team is better because of it. Nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. And I don't care. They do what ever they think is right and I am ok with that!

It's just message board discussion. I agree the "Bob Kraft betrayed me!" sentiment is a little overboard, but for the most part people are just giving their opinions, like always.

Last edited:
You can get a better deal by not tipping at a restaurant, but I'd rather shell out the cash to make sure that the waitress doesn't spit in my food the next time.

:yeahthat: ummmmmmm....... yeah

Did the Kraft family just surrender a 7th round draft pick so that they could look good in owners meetings?

Until now, I have always defended them against charges that they were cheap or that they wouldn't do whatever was necessary to help the Patriots win.

I feel betrayed. I hope that somebody comes up with an explanation of how this will help the team in the long run.
YOUR A DIGRACEFUL PATS FAN TO POST THAT

Is the 28th pick in the 7th round really that big of a deal?

2nd rounders aren't sure things plus you get a proven player with a friendlier, poisonless contract.

No. The 7th round draft pick means the Pats can sign Welker for millions less than what they would have to pay him under the poison pill plan.

Newsflash, Solman. The Patriots know what they are doing.

I agree, until the detials of the contract are released we can't make any opinion or judgement onn the matter.

Yeah your right.

Somebody call the SUllivan family and **** Mc Phearson and see if they're available to run the team again so we can get rid of morons like Kraft and BB. /scarcasm

:bricks:

Cousins,
Let's look at it this way. In the end, we got Welker for Branch (ironically who was a second rounder), and Welker who is younger, the same size, as fast, as good hands, returns kicks and the bonus is we move up to a first rounder as well.....but.......We have to throw in a seventh rounder.

Now let's look at 2006 production. Everyone says that well Branch had Seneca Wallace throwing to him some of the season(But Hasselback as well Cosins!).......Well sports fans, Welker had Cleo Lemon and Joey Boy throwing it at him and Welker still was more productive (67 REC, vs. 53 REC) than Branch all and all!
Who's kiddin' who brudda?
The Godfather and SP were payntension.
DW Toys

Cousins,
Let's look at it this way. In the end, we got Welker for Branch (ironically who was a second rounder), and Welker who is younger, the same size, as fast, as good hands, returns kicks and the bonus is we move up to a first rounder as well.....but.......We have to throw in a seventh rounder.

Now let's look at 2006 production. Everyone says that well Branch had Seneca Wallace throwing to him some of the season(But Hasselback as well Cosins!).......Well sports fans, Welker had Cleo Lemon and Joey Boy throwing it at him and Welker still was more productive (67 REC, vs. 53 REC) than Branch all and all!
Who's kiddin' who brudda?
The Godfather and SP were payntension.
DW Toys

excellent points and I've seen Welker get hammered and still hold onto the ball. He'll prove to be a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down