PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft driving force behind disagreements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PromisedLand said:
Yes it is that simple. It's communism vs. capitalism. 20th century history showed which system is superior.

Let's leave aside the politics (is a progressive income tax communism, by the way?) it's still not that simple.

As I understand it, Mr Kraft is fine with the idea of the better off owners helping out those in a more difficult situation (not least, to encourage parity and open up competition) but he's got problems with those who won't make an effort and want to free ride on the more enterprising. How to construct a deal which does the first without encouraging the second is the real problem.

Since I too sympathise with both those objectives, I'm prepared to trust Mr Kraft's judgement about a deal.

comparing this to a progressive tax is false.

Progressive taxation (as much as I loathe it); is still making the assumption that everyone is earning money. And you arent taking money to give directly to another lower earner. Just that those earning more will be taxed more to go into general govt revenue pot.

This scheme is an actual dollar transfer. Kraft would have money taken from him to offset/increase the Arizona Cardinals low profit margin and allow other teams to afford better players than their mismanagement would otherwise allow.

Mike the Brit said:
......... if Bob Kraft is against the deal, there's something wrong with it.

Why? :confused:

JR4 said:

See the post a couple above. I think that Mr Kraft is an owner who sees both sides: the need to help franchises that are at a disadvantage and the need to protect against free riding on the entrepeneurs. So if he rejects a deal it is likely that it's because it doesn't meet one or other of those objectives.

I could be wrong, of course -- but everything I've read about Mr Kraft makes me see him as an honourable man with values I respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back