PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KRAFT DEFENDS THE TEAM!

List of credible Media Members:

1. Adam Schefter

List complete.

The silence of his lack of reports in this matter speaks volumes.

Look at his rt's.

He knows what's up.

Holy Batman !!! I have been disappointed with Mr Kraft so far but this is EPIC, exactly what this team, BB and TFB needed. Now let's go take care of Seattle this Sunday and bring the Lombardy home now.

The apologies can come later ;)

Why why why do I subject myself to this? I just turned to ESPN to get their feelings on what Kraft said, naively assuming they'd be calling off the dogs. Nope. Ryan Clark, Chris Carter and Mort were more outraged than ever over BK's comments. Clinging ever so tightly to the question of why the Colts balls were legal and the Pats were not. Mort was asked what the temperature was at NFL headquarters and he said how hot is Red Hot, basically saying they're pissed at the Pats for putting the league in this situation during SB week.

Until the NFL clears the Pats the haters are gonna keep piling on.
LOL . Pissed at pats for putting the league in this situation ????? Got to be kidding!

1) Kraft wouldn't have said any of that if he wasn't virtually certain he wouldn't be proven wrong.
2) He wouldn't have said it if he hadn't run it by a couple of other influential owners.
3) There are many places in his remarks where you can read between the lines and see that he is calling out Goodell and others.
4) He sounded like he doesn't give a **** where the chips fall, but that he's going to be sure there's hell to pay.
5) I think Goodell is a one-contract Commissioner.

I hope Michael Wilbon is on that list. God, that pompous self righteous ass infuriates me. Lately, the fact that I give 5 bucks every month to ESPN through Comcast has been bothering me a lot.

Congrats and THANK YOU, Mr. Kraft. I was certainly wrong in my assessments of you !!!

The thing is I still don't expect the League will apologize for anything. I still think they will ultimately take the stance they think the Pats cheated even though they cannot find one single piece of evidence that proves they cheated.

Yes and no. Yes, the league will not apologize for the investigation, they will take the stance that they were just protecting the integrity of the game. No, they will not take the stance that they think the Pats cheated, they will admit the Pats were exonerated and they will apologize for the leaks (and probably fire a second tier exec as scapegoat). That's the only way Goodell has a prayer of keeping his job.

Yes and no. Yes, the league will not apologize for the investigation, they will take the stance that they were just protecting the integrity of the game. No, they will not take the stance that they think the Pats cheated, they will admit the Pats were exonerated and they will apologize for the leaks (and probably fire a second tier exec as scapegoat). That's the only way Goodell has a prayer of keeping his job.

IDK, I think they have leaked far too much to try to dirty the waters to say the Pats are innocent. They may not say the Pats cheated, but they cannot prove it. But they will most than certain not clear their name and leave a strong sense that they got away with it.

Do you guys think Kraft has more friends in the league than Goodell? or less enemies?

Either way does he have more support with the owners?

Every reference I've seen in the past has characterized him as "influential", "powerful", etc.

It will not be forgotten by the other owners that he was the critical leader in the last contract negotiation with the NFLPA, despite Myra's illness and death.

Rich Eisen has been very good as well

Something occurred to me a little while after BB's conference. He mentioned how Kraft gave up a lot to bring him over from the Jets.

Any point to bringing that up?... Specifically naming a team that they aren't playing this week? I'm thinking it could be to preface the whole Kensil ordeal that's upcoming.

IDK, I think they have leaked far too much to try to dirty the waters to say the Pats are innocent. They may not say the Pats cheated, but they cannot prove it. But they will most than certain not clear their name and leave a strong sense that they got away with it.

"They" are not the NFL. The NFL is the 32 owners. Kraft doubled down because he believes that in the boardroom he will have the support of enough of the rest of the owners. I'm sure he's tested the waters enough to know and not be guessing about it. That's why he threw the gauntlet, either prove something that he knows is untrue and thus cannot be proved, or apologize. His statement did not leave room for anything else.

Top-flight lawyers that specialize in libel and slander are salivating tonight.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back