PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft clears up CAP space questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
d%#*!@t JR, why are you talking about "Bob" Kraft when Jonathan is being quoted, accuracy my man or you'll be assigned a thread with It's Ron Borges as your thread mate.

Opps ... not Bob :eek: .... I'm back where I started :bricks:

To those who can't understand why anyone would think it possible that
the PATs would not spend to the CAP
......I assure you I will somehow look for a way to scrap the logic
that just because someone has always done thing
doesn't means they will do it again. :confused:

I mean I want to have the self promoting intelligence so boastfully
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=exhibitedexhibited in words and scarcasm by many in this thread. :rolleyes:

Bella*chick said:
LOL, and here I thought they must be making the players eat with their hands.

That was the issue that Deion was referring to when he said "It's not about the money."

It appears from the outside that the FO may have anticipated a $90M cap, before the new CBA was negotiated. So right off the bat, they're $15M in the black. Had their pursuit of Ty Law bore fruit, a decent % of the surplus would have been used. Additionally, had The Holdout honored his contract and received an extension, a similar % of the surplus would again have been used. There also has been $$ put aside for other extensions.
So in the end, if things had gone/will go according to plan, the pats would be at approx. $100M, or $5M below the cap. That's the price of one top-end FA. Unfortunately, there are no longer any top-end FAs available. For that the FO should take some heat. But for that one only.
So now, instead of spending unwisely, the FO is probably looking at payouts for Brady and Seymour, in order to reduce future burdens. This, in turn, should hold the club in good stead when it comes to both signing top-end FAs, and re-signing their own ones, this offseason. Add to them at least 10 draft picks next April, and the NEP will be SB-level, as long as BB is the HC and TB is the QB. M'kay?

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
LOL, and here I thought they must be making the players eat with their hands.

nope

Jonathan Sullivan does that by choice

Miguel said:
Sarcasm turned on.

I thought that this board had determined that the Patriots would never deal with the Postons.

Sarcasm turned off

More to the point,
the Minutes will indicate
that this board has
forbidden
the Patriots to deal with the Postons!

Note that if the Patriots are now $10mm under the cap, not $15mm, they probably paid Seymour the roster bonus, changing his future cap commitment.

Miguel, does that make sense?

Box_O_Rocks said:
d%#*!@t JR, why are you talking about "Bob" Kraft when Jonathan is being quoted, accuracy my man or you'll be assigned a thread with It's Ron Borges as your thread mate.
d%#*!@t Box, the name is "I'm Ron Borges" not "It's Ron Borges". Accuracy, my man, or you'll be assigned to a a thread with flutie2phelan, who will change his text color to white and invisibly libel Dan Graham and Pierre Woods, with an occasional off-color reference to Monte Beisel.

PatsFan37 said:
d%#*!@t Box, the name is "I'm Ron Borges" not "It's Ron Borges". Accuracy, my man, or you'll be assigned to a a thread with flutie2phelan, who will change his text color to white and invisibly libel Dan Graham and Pierre Woods, with an occasional off-color reference to Monte Beisel.
Accuracy in this case does not refer to the user name. :p

Box_O_Rocks said:
Accuracy in this case does not refer to the user name. :p
And here I am all set to watch you shadow-boxing, in your artfully informed prose, with an invisible assailant. Ahh well. :cool:

BTW, I'm probably one of your most diligent readers of the ongoing breakdowns. Love that stuff. I feel guilty not helping out, but I have years yet before retirement. I'll have to wait to join in when Cassel takes the reins.

PatsFan37 said:
And here I am all set to watch you shadow-boxing, in your artfully informed prose, with an invisible assailant. Ahh well. :cool:

BTW, I'm probably one of your most diligent readers of the ongoing breakdowns. Love that stuff. I feel guilty not helping out, but I have years yet before retirement. I'll have to wait to join in when Cassel takes the reins.
Stay on your toes, f2p prints in white all the time so you have to keep an eye on him. No worries about your helping out, you got us off to a fast start last year, we'll just consider this your IR period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back