PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft buys full-page ad in Globe congratulating Celts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Another classy move by Bobby Kraft. I wonder if he bought ad space in the Herald?

Somehow, I don't think the Celtics would have done the same. Actually, I don't think any other team would have done the same. Now, I guess they'll have to.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/patriots_ad/

1213876945_3407-1.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT POINT...absolutely totally correct...no other team would...

Very cool,I like the Herald comment also...

I remember this happening before....I believe Kraft did it for the Red Sox. but it could have been done for them as well.

I remember this happening before....I believe Kraft did it for the Red Sox. but it could have been done for them as well.

Just my opinion, but I completely doubt the Sox or Celtics would do the same had the Pats completed 19-0. The town used to only be about the Sox and Celtics, until the Pats took over this decade. I'm sure that means lost money for the other sports.

Just my opinion, but I completely doubt the Sox or Celtics would do the same had the Pats completed 19-0. The town used to only be about the Sox and Celtics, until the Pats took over this decade. I'm sure that means lost money for the other sports.

Like I said I can remember it happening before....but it most likely was Kraft doing it for the Sox. But as I do remember this happening in the past I can't completely rule out that the Sox didn't do it for the Pats.

We've come to expect no less from this family. Mr. Kraft is a class act.

Like I said I can remember it happening before....but it most likely was Kraft doing it for the Sox. But as I do remember this happening in the past I can't completely rule out that the Sox didn't do it for the Pats.

10/30/2007 Boston HERALD - full page add by the Kraft family saluting the Red Sox. I have it right in front of me.

Wonder if they will do it for the Celts?? I don;t buy the Herald anymore so if anyone can look, that would be interesting.

10/30/2007 Boston HERALD - full page add by the Kraft family saluting the Red Sox. I have it right in front of me.

Wonder if they will do it for the Celts?? I don;t buy the Herald anymore so if anyone can look, that would be interesting.

I had no doubt that Kraft did it for the Sox.

The doubt is wether another team did it for the Pats. I vaguely remember the Sox doing it but my memory has failed me before.

If Kraft is the only one to do it....I wonder if him being a home grown owner explains it.

I am sure he was routing for the Sox and Celts back in his days in sec 210 or where ever he sat in Schaefer

Last edited:
Sox congratulated the Pats at least in 04.

I'm sure there is natural backyard envy surrounding all of these team wins and successes, but the Sox deserve credit for embracing another league's champion and launching the tradition of opening a season with a salute to a champion from another league in your own town...

The Celtics are going to be honored at Fenway before the game on Friday. And I have no doubt The Celtics will be honored at our home opener this fall.

Just my opinion, but I completely doubt the Sox or Celtics would do the same had the Pats completed 19-0.

It's all conjecture, but I totally disagree. The current Red Sox and Patriots ownership/management teams have made a lot of public shows of mutual respect and congratulations. I think John Henry & Co. would have made a similar gesture.

610x.jpg

No wonder Kraft did this. Did you see the number of primo seats the Pats Players, Coaches, and Owners had for every home game? :D

Im sure that most payed for them but a few were on the cuff no doubt.

Totally class move. I love all of our teams and how they feed off of each other. Only one more organization to go!!

I have the print of the Kraft Family and The New England Patriots congratulating the Boston Red Sox Organization as 2007 World Champions hanging in my cubicle and will be adding the ad that does appear in today's Herald as well.
***Please note I didn't buy the Herald, but after seeing the mention of the ad in Mike Reiss's column I borrowed a Herald from someone else to determine if it was there and it appeared on page 71.
It is and was a classy move!

How about Kraft paying for a full page ad apologizing for losing SB 42.

Last edited:

Considering what he's already given us, he doesn't owe real fans a damn thing...:rocker:

But then real fans understand and appreciate that. And bandwaggon troll fans don't deserve anything but contempt from anyone...:violent:

yeah, because the ownership here certainly owes you an apology, after everything they've put you through.

No offence but that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How about you buy a full page ad apologizing to the Krafts and the Patriots for that stupid comment you just made. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back