PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft and other sports figures despised in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't totally get the hate for Ray Allen. It bugs me a bit that he went to the Heat, but let's not forget that Danny Ainge spent like 2 years trying to trade him before he got fed up and left.

Don't get the Buckner hate either. Maybe I was just too young, but Buckner tried his best in a bad situation and screwed up. Shouldn't have even been on the field in the first place. Seems petty and lame to vilify someone for trying his best and failing.

If we're talking justifiable hatred, let's start with Roger Clemens. **** that guy.
Ray did nothing but bash the Celtics for two years after. Painted all his teammates in a poor light when ironically he was one of the biggest problems in the locker room.

Besides Kraft, who are other hometown sports figures we've come to despise?

Bill Buckner comes to mind....
Buckner's been cleared .......

Damien Woody on the other hand ...

Yesterday someone posted that Bob Kraft still had no idea how angry Patriots fans are at him

I wonder if he's gotten wind of it yet

Or maybe he's still convinced that he's pulled one over on us

I grew up a Dodger fan, so I'm pro-Buckner. Ironically, he used to be an excellent outfielder, at least with his glove.

Yesterday someone posted that Bob Kraft still had no idea how angry Patriots fans are at him

I wonder if he's gotten wind of it yet

Or maybe he's still convinced that he's pulled one over on us

That was Curran. I figure Kraft has to know by now.

Roger Clemens and/or John McNamara, because (at least) one of them's a liar

Grady Little

The Sewer York Yankees

Larry Barnett

The Montreal Canadiens

Ulf Samuelsson

The Los Angeles Fakers

Ron Artest

LeBron James

The Indianapolis Clots

The Baltimore Murderer Ravens

The Sewer York Jets 1996-present

The PitsDirt Squealers 2001-present

The Miami Doofins

The Denver Donkeys 1983-present

Ben Dreith

The Oakland Raiders 1976-2002

The Sewer York Football Giants

People really hated harry sinden for most of the 80s & 90s when the bruins had really good teams but always cheaped out at trade deadline...but nothing comes close to Baghdad Bob's antics of the last few days...Harry Sinden has chunks of Krafty Bob in his stool as far as I'm concerned:mad:

Despise Bob Kraft??? Disappointed, pissed off, outraged, angry, jilted, feeling unappreciated, mislead,..and on and on and on...yes. But despise? Sorry, that's too far, at least for me. I go back too far.

What are these other sports you people speak of?

Buckner gave it his all. He made a mistake. If making a mistake gets you "despised" in your book then I guess I've made enough mistakes in my life to be despised aplenty by you.

Buckner has been forgiven I think. His mistake was an honest one. Bob's decision was premeditated based on money.

The only thing that even remotely compares is the Red Sox owner who sold off Babe Ruth.

Not good company to be in.
Its not totally known but Ruth was a very difficult player to deal with and always wanted to renegotiate his contract.

Still though...

Bruins: Grapes. Glen Wesley. Jacobs
Sox: Harry Frazee.
Pats: Victor Kiam. Asante.
Celts: Ray Ray. Wicks. Rowe.

I bet Cuban would have stood up for his team. Unlike spineless Bob who placed the 31 over his team. He should really sell this team.

I hated Bob Stanley more than Buckner for the '86 Series loss. The guy was a colossal bum and should never have been on the mound to begin with.

Buckner has been forgiven I think. His mistake was an honest one. Bob's decision was premeditated based on money.

I figure I should step up and take the anger of my fellow Pat fans.

I've been reading the vitriol expressed and just don't get it. So if Bob Kraft filed a near hopeless appeal and lost he'd continue to be a hero?

From my (and I expect his) perspective, what he did was agree that prolonging the story of owner vs. Commissioner was a lose/lose/lose situation for the NFL, the Commissioner and the media focus. Yes, it would have made Patriot fans (including me) feel better about things, but it wasn't going to accomplish much, if anything, from a practical perspective.

I guess it's all about image and I'm a bottom line guy. Patriot fans feel betrayed because they had their heart set on Kraft fighting all-out in what was essentially an unwinable war (for him; Brady has excellent chances to win). I never shared that expectation. I love the Wells Report Context site and believe that Kraft pretty much did what he could to share the truth with his press conferences backing Brady/Belichick and the context response. It's clear (to me anyway) that Kraft continues to believe what he has believed from the beginning - the Patriots did nothing wrong.

Kraft made a decision that will likely allow him to continue his influence with other NFL owners (which I can only see as a good thing). Evidently the cost included alienating most of his fan base. Hopefully, the passage of time may allow what I think would be a more reasoned response to Kraft's actions which I don't see as treasoness or even an about-face - just a position that acknowledges a lost situation and tries to salvage something from it which can be used down the road.

Feel free to dislike/disagree. I hope you won't hold it against me that I see this differently but I thought it was worth being honest in what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes