PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft and Goodell FRIENDS?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrewBeer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
NFL network replay, after the giants game on the field, kraft and goodell rushed into each others arms, both looking like they were gonna start bawling their eyes out. totally unexpected. ive got it recorded but have no clue as to how to get it to anyone.

edit: link at 15:14; http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805b0824

Last edited:
I don't know why this is such a shock to people. The Pats have made the NFL a lot of money this year through TV ratings and deals. Plus, the upper echelon of the NFL is a very small and exclusive group. I'm sure Kraft and Goodell have been friendly with each other for a while (Kraft is one of the prime movers in the creation of the NFL Network)

Add to that something that's never been done in the modern salary cap NFL (let alone professional sports) and you get an emotional reaction.

If you want to think that Kraft should be a d!ck to Goodell because of spygate, go ahead but you'd be way off the mark. Holding a grudge against the Commissioner of the NFL doesn't make good business sense or advances your team's agenda.

I don't know why this is such a shock to people. The Pats have made the NFL a lot of money this year through TV ratings and deals. Plus, the upper echelon of the NFL is a very small and exclusive group. I'm sure Kraft and Goodell have been friendly with each other for a while (Kraft is one of the prime movers in the creation of the NFL Network)

Add to that something that's never been done in the modern salary cap NFL (let alone professional sports) and you get an emotional reaction.

If you want to think that Kraft should be a d!ck to Goodell because of spygate, go ahead but you'd be way off the mark. Holding a grudge against the Commissioner of the NFL doesn't make good business sense or advances your team's agenda.

good perspective. i just didnt expect such an emotional moment. maybe a hearty handshake, but not a close to tears hug.

who gets suspended for poking a guy in the eye. Any precedence you'd like to site, or are you just another hater clicking her heels together hoping it is all a dream.

I believe that this was staged and doubt that Kraft is friends with Goodell after the treatment by Goodell about the taping. Kraft is a business and has to put up a good front. Don't be surprised if there is a day of reckoning in the future and Goodell is out with the help of Kraft.

Uhh, guys, it's pretty well known that Kraft was one of Goodell's biggest backers for the job (which is part of why the rest of us look on the Pats*'s treatment with suspicion (like this week's Wilfork non-suspension, the Raven's game calls, etc.)....

I bet Another Colt fan :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Pats Forum , the NY post is the last one to remove that asterisk , how about you shove it to where i think .

ps : i posted that video link 5 mn before you ... :bricks:

:D

Last edited:
Uhh, guys, it's pretty well known that Kraft was one of Goodell's biggest backers for the job (which is part of why the rest of us look on the Pats*'s treatment with suspicion (like this week's Wilfork non-suspension, the Raven's game calls, etc.)....

And Polian's on the Competition Committee...So what...

why dont you look at both sides of it. kraft couldnt possibly be getting special treatment.
of course we've had some calls, and if you're a colts fan, you have to admit you've had a helluva lot more. like the free pass against the steelers? we could argue the officiating all day.
the wilfork suspension did not happen because the finger did not connect with the face or eye. if it did, he would be suspended. intent will get you fined, not suspended.
on the flip side, goodell has handed kraft the stiffest penalty in nfl history. a first round pick and a few hundred grand.
they may be friends, but special treatment? no, that is reserved for the colts.

I don't know why this is such a shock to people.

Me neither. Kraft helped Goodell get approved as commish. Of course they are friends. However, if I were Kraft, I'd be pretty pissed that Goodell has done nothing about the Colts and Titans agreeing on the outcome of that game. IMO that does ALOT more to hurt the integrity of the game than "camera-gate."

That's right Murabma, the Pats get every call, they are the darlings of the NFL, it's a foregone conclusion that the Pats will win because the fix is in.

This Pats paranoia is becoming mass insanity. Pretty soon you'll be seeing the devil behind every tree.

Nice total misinformation.
Krafts candidate was a New Englander from Concord MA, NOT Goody.

How 'bout Roy Williams getting suspended for a tackle? How about Sean Taylor being ejected for spitting in someone's face, much less of an offense than intentionally trying to hurt someone.

Wilfork should have been thrown out of the B'lo game (watch that on YouTube and tell me that wasn't intentional, or better yet, how would you all feel if someone did that to Brady? "

Each case is different - quit whining.

How a Pats fan would *feel* about Brady taking that hit would obviously have nothing to do with what the officials and league see on game films, and what they determine from player interviews.

Punishment of a player because of how you *feel* about what he did is a pretty lame yardstick to use. We *feel* like fans feel - totally biased, just like you.

Fiends or business buddies?

Don't abuse the word "friend" unless you have more to offer than how they embraced each other after a game.

Fiends or business buddies?

Don't abuse the word "friend" unless you have more to offer than how they embraced each other after a game.

And remember, it's two consenting adults.
How they embrace and what happens afterwards is not for us in MA to judge.

murabma; there is a possibility that we have had more calls than your bills. i've felt that the bills were a better team than their record this year. however, to say that we get more calls than the colts is insane. from palomalu's clear interception to the pi calls last year, i dont fear the colts at all. i fear the officials in the game.

i don't know what, if anything, friendship has to do with it. these are two men who need each other. kraft needs a good relationship with the commissioner in order to further the best interests of his team and franchise in matters large and small. the commissioner needs the team that is the best TV revenue draw in the league and the owner who held the CBA together last time and who could blow it up after next season if he wanted to do so.

Last edited:
i think everyone on this board need to decide if the national media is out to get the pats, or if they love the pats and if the NFL is out to get the pats, or if they are not. Every day there are guys going nuts about how the pats are getting screwed by the media and the NFL, and now we find out Kraft and Goodell really like each other??

Everyone should have to post in their sig if they are a conspiracy theorist or not.

Murabma - I don't think you can judge anything based on what is written on message boards of other teams. Pats got screwed vs colts this year and did have a few questionable calls vs broncos a few years ago. That said, I think the list is longer on the other side of the ball, but whatever. The pats are the new yankees, with many championships, superstars and of course HGH users....

How about responding the substance of my remark, or is that too tough for you?
I was waiting for you to give us something with some real teeth before I responsed. But since you asked....

1. "Wilfork's non-suspension": You expect the commish to suspend someone for a playoff game for simply coming close to contact with another player's eye (it can't be a poke in the eye without actual contact)? You don't think that much worse happens during every game, things that the camera doesn't see, such as at the bottom of piles? I HAVE watch the play multiple time and each time I see the same thing: Wilfork pointing at Jacobs in an "f-u motion" and then taking it too far by putting his finger into his helmet. A penalty? -yes (the refs just missed it, it happens all the time). A fine? - excessive but they likely did it b/c of Wilfork's previous fines this year as well as to appease haters like you. A suspension? - you're an ass.

2. "The calls in the Raven's game". Don't just throw that out there like the rest of the country - BE SPECIFIC! If you mean the non-call on the Ravens for holding Faulk or ALL of the numerous non-call on the Ravens for holding Welker throughout the game, I agree. I'll also give you the dumb call by Rex Ryan to keep their last drive alive. And how about the non-call when Asante was sexually assaulted on the hail mary? Even if you disagree about the holding call on Watson, Gaffney was being held on the same play. The late touchdown catch was a call that could have gone either way but there clearly was not going to be enough evidence to overturn it. What else do you have for us, dipsh*t? If you want to say that the Pats needed some luck to win that game, I'll grant you that. But they really won because they know how to win and are mentally tough enough to be able to make plays when they have to. It had nothing to do with the officials.

I don't know why this is such a shock to people.
Yes, you do. You just don't think Kraft should be annoyed with the commissioner. But you are lying when you say you don't know why people are surprised by this show of affection.

<sigh> You can always tell a guy who has no ground to stand on when he makes things up and puts them in other peoples' mouths. Re-read the post you replied to:

NFL network replay, after the giants game on the field, kraft and goodell rushed into each others arms, both looking like they were gonna start bawling their eyes out. totally unexpected. ive got it recorded but have no clue as to how to get it to anyone.

Now where do you see anything about acting like a d!ck? The OP was surprised at them hugging.

The idea that if Kraft doesn't hug Goodell it means he is holding a grudge is stupid. Kraft is too business savvy to pubicly hold a grudge if it might affect business, but that doesn't mean he has to hug every guy that screws him over.

Goodell has had months to explain that the charge was VIDEOTAPING signals, not stealing signals, but has allowed the firestorm to rage for months. He let every pundit in the nation question the Patriots accomplishments, past, present and future. And you are saying that Kraft is not affected by this? Nonsense. Kraft didn't get where he is by getting walked over.

Kraft will not publicly show animosity. That is not how businessmen operate. Look for Kraft to throw his weight against one key item that Goodell wants, and deny it from Goodell. THAT is how businessmen get revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back