Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kraft and Belichick apologize in private address to owners

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BadMoFo, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRazor

TheRazor Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Dear John Adams,

This "aint" no HBO, and you, my good man, certainly "aint" Paul Giamatti.
    This whole post comes off as, in a word: ridiculous.

Nonetheless, I had a good laugh.

2. Hoodie

Hoodie Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought he was channeling William F. Buckley or maybe Spiro Agnew.

3. TheRazor

TheRazor Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  4. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Yes. He mentioned something about those "nattering nabobs of negativism"!

(I wouldn't really channel the redoubtable Spiro, but WFB would be worthy of my time. Such command of the King's English!)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  5. Patriotic Fervor

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Well, thanks! The hour was late (for me!) and I was literally nodding off as I was finishing that off. In fact, after I posted it, I turned in.

But I'm glad you and several others enjoyed it.

Again, my thanks for the compliment.

6. Patriotic Fervor

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No, I agree. Point 1 is point 1, and point 2 is point 2. We have to get that straight. East is east, and West is west....

For sure, Coach botched it with the original sin (!), but from that moment, like Topsy, this thing simply grew and grew, 'til it was no longer recognizable in it's original form.

There are a lot of people in this scenario that we can be angry about, and our Coach is one of them. But as he, and the original act, become smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror, the ever-burgeoning legions of critics, "analysts", haters and other assorted hangers-on have been obscuring this since maybe week 2 of the phenomenon. This has been very frustrating, at least from my point of view.

In another time, it simply wouldn't have gone down like this, if indeed anything became of it. But that's neither here nor there. Goodell is now a permanent part of the landscape, and his actions/reactions are the reality we must deal with. And although we had some inkling of the man's thought processes by his prior addressing of league "problems", you must admit the the sledgehammer response to it caught most everyone by surprise.

For the record, I'm glad they did the apology thing at the owners' meetings, in that it should clear the air and defuse, hopefully, any linger hard feelings.

Except for the Jets and their soon-to-be-unemployed coach. Let's piss on them as much as we can!

7. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Myers touched on that again today:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...hael_vick_playing_prison_football.html?page=0

However, let me remind you of Myers:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=80366

8. pats1

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It is a rare occasion when I call someone else a "homer," but I think this time might be right.

9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,001 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Ah, you said "homer" not... Never mind. My bad.

10. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 194 / -145

Disable Jersey

Irony so thick it can be cut with a knife....

11. pats1

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh, I know. But I can't go this far on this one.

12. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 1 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, but I didn't feel like re-bringing it up here...we are pretty sure he is a tool.

However (and I am also the one that posted this in his feedback section), at least Myers has a place to reply, and has an e-mail address. That pu$$y Mike Lupica has neither. Fu(k Lupica and his wannabe Keith Olbermann/political commentator *****.

13. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Is it only me that gets flashbacks to that scene in The Godfather where Tattaglia and Corleone embrace and Barzini leads the applause?

14. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,053 / 194 / -145

Disable Jersey

How so?

1.) Only Goodell could have made the ruling. Therefore, only he could have brought this down upon the Patriots. That's just basic stuff. The Jets brought attention to the matter by detaining the guy and trying to take the camera, but only Goodell had the power to act upon it.

2.) As a lesser subsequent punishment for a greater offense (tampering with a player) shows, as well as a comparison to previous punishments for more serious issues (salary cap violations by a Super Bowl winner), the loss of a first round pick and accompanying double fine was far out of line with the general punishment parameters used by both previous and present commissioners.

3.) I have no idea how on earth that's supposed to be a homer outlook given that I'm opposing how the team went about doing things.

15. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

I just love the unnamed sources that appear out of no where - by NY Daily News writers all the time.

We will just keep on beating the Jets and laughing as we do.

Screw you both... Myers & Lupica,

16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Re: Kraft apologizes for illegal filming flap

I don't know who first said it, but the saying is;

"It is better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open one's mouth & remove all doubt".

It's actually one of my favorites ever since one of my bosses said it to me about 20 years ago.

17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I believe you can when the remaining teams act pompous & ridicule you for something your own team was probably guilty of as well. They absolutely without a doubt did NOT owe the owners an apology. I would bet millions (if I had millions) that it was a PR move and nothing more.

I have said this since the incident first became public and I've said it many, many times since...AND, I'll say it again...

Videogate just wasn't a big deal, end of story. Only jealousy, envy & haterism have given us the illusion that it was. That plus Goodell's over-the-top punishment. Just ask Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcels and several others in the know how bad it was and you'll find they agree with me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  18. pats1

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I don't think it was a big deal, either. But completely exonerating the Patriots seems a bit ridiculous.

19. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +382 / 69 / -51

No Jersey Selected

I heard Lupica's rant at the end of The Sports Reporters on Sunday.

To paraphrase, he said that as much as the Pats want Cameragate to go away, it isn't going to go away. What he failed to say, however, is that the only reason that Cameragate doesn't go away is because ignorant, NYC-loving holier-than-thou shills like Lupica keep talking about it, even though there is nothing new about which to talk.

He also called the Pats "cheaters", twice, in the same sentence, as in: he doesn't know if they are short-term cheaters or long-term cheaters. Thus far, there has been no proof offered that any videotaping that may have occurred had any direct influence in any Pats victory in the BB era. Heck, nobody has even said that the information gathered via videotaping is competitively more advantageous than the same information gathered via other means.

From Wikipedia:
    "Lupica described his fundamental approach to sportswriting in a press release:
    'My whole deal on sports is that I still go to the ballpark to celebrate sports, but Bill Belichick and Barry Bonds and guys like that keep getting in my way.'[6] ”

I can only speak for myself, but when I go to the ballpark/stadium, I dont go there to "celebrate" sports like some limp-wrist; I go there to see my team win. And people like Bonds (e.g.: McGwire, Sosa) obviously didn't get in the way of writing about the 1998 season, and making a profit therefrom. What a massive, disgusting hypocrite.

For someone raised in NH and a graduate of BC, Lupica has completely been swallowed into the black hole that is New Jack City, the armpit of America. I swear, these people really believe that they're "the conscience of their generation".

20. Zeke_Mowatt

Zeke_Mowatt Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Glad I wasn't the only one rooting to see Ryan leap over Saunders and drill Lupica in his self righteous, smarmy mug. What a complete and total douchebag, of epic proportions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.