PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft: "After KC, I was worried..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversely, if the chemistry stinks, you're sunk, like BB said about the whining Adalius Thomas team.

It is strongly my opinion that Belichick pays close attention to lockerroom chemistry.

I think its why some players get drafted and not others and why some players like Kelly are let go rather than forced to play.

But that doesn't mean that everything Belichick does is to improve the lockerroom chemistry (ie the Mankins trade) but I do think he pays much more close attention to it than most other coaches.

There is also a difference between "worried" and "concerned". I was certainly concerned after the KC game. But I also viewed it as potentially a good thing: either the team would pull together and get tougher, or things would get bad. I would have been "worried" if we had come out against Cincinnati and struggled, or worse, put up a lackluster effort.

Fair enough.
These terms are all relative, I guess, and mean different things to different people.
Speaking for myself, I'll admit that I was "worried" after the KC game.

I might have been concerned if I didn't know that BB had seen fit to bring in reinforcements in the previous spring Draft.
  • Problem foreseen.
  • Remedy already being applied.
  • Wait for it to work.

A few odd responses within this thread.
KC pretty much destroyed the Patriots on both sides of the ball. It was close to a total domination by KC and clearly the worst 60 minute showing by the Patriots this season (FAR worse than the next worst showing/other loss, Miami). Considering that:
(A) Kraft (or us fans, or BB/coaches, or players) should be sharply concerned after the drubbing in KC. (B) It is suggested that the level of concern should be a KC equivalent for games that we won (even if the showing in the win was very obviously unspectacular)?
That just doesn't compute....

I was more confused than worried. That night basically made no sense to me. Brady struggling w/ adequate protection made no sense. Revis made no sense. Our run D w/ mayo made no sense. The damn field w/ all of the slips made NO SENSE. As far as I am concerned, we couldn't play that bad again if we tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back