Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kotchman To Mariners

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by dalero, Jan 6, 2010.

1. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This move isn't to great, don't really have an opinion on it. Must be a salary dump move, the only reason I could think that they would want to make it.
  3. bigcountry75

bigcountry75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I like Bill Hall if he can ever stay healthy......He is a very versatile player that can play all over and can hit but the key is he needs to stay healthy......Hopefully he comes to Boston and plays well like he did when healthy in Milwaukee.....
  4. Patriots2001

Patriots2001 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They should keep Lowell instead of paying his contract and shipping him off to another team.What happens if Big Papi's bat goes missing like last year Lowell still can hit but he would have to agree to be a part time player.
  5. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He doesn't want to be a part time player that's why their trying to ship him off. Agreed that Papi"s bat is key to their season. Beltrane is a large improvement over Lowell, great glove and i really think he's going to put up some ok numbers in Fenway.
  6. TapDancing39

TapDancing39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not going to lie -- I'm a fan of this move. Kotchman is still young and keeping him on the bench isn't going to help him develop. He's perfect for the Mariners, a team that's all about defense. Kotchman can play gold glove caliber defense, he's got something to prove there. :)

As for Bill Hall, I suppose the Sox are going to use him as a utility infielder.. atleast until Jed Lowrie can prove that he's healthy enough to play (the bench, of course.)