PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kornheiser Says Patriots will go Undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all for ratings. PTI and around the horn try to be controverial so people will tune in.

It's so hard for a team to go wire to wire now and I would prefer they won the superbowl. That's my goal.

Kornheiser loves the Patriots. He has since 2001. I remember listening to his radio show the Monday after the 2001 super bowl, and it clearly affected him. He talked about two things for about two hours: (1) the introduction, and (2) how badly Martz got outcoached.

I listened to him pretty faithfully on XM radio until he quit his radio show to do MNF. He simply views the Patriots as the gold standard in football in the parity era. Kornheiser sees himself as an intellectual -- and the reality is that he's very smart -- and I think he is just impressed with Belichick's intellectual approach to the game. He also is a shameless Redskins fan, and I think that Piolichick is in so many different ways the antithesis of Daniel Snyder that Kornheiser is envious and very respectful.

Kornheiser has cultivated his clown-like image pretty carefully, in large measure because he's parlayed it into a fair amount of cash. But the reality is that, at bottom, he's an outstanding sports guy with true, deep sports journalist chops. He's an outstanding writer and when he takes the time to develop his points, rather than quick hitter one-liners on PTI, he's insightful.

The guy has been an enormous and earnest fan of our team. I really can't see any reason for criticizing him. As for his saying we'll go undefeated, it's just his way to make his point about how he respects what the team has done in the law few weeks. Obviously, it's not to be taken seriously as if Ron Jaworski said it or anything. But it's still his way of paying the team a high compliment.

Last edited:
We will go....
[Dr. Evil]
ONE BILLION,GAZILLION,BAGILLION,to zero.

[/Dr. Evil]

Yeah nobody. Plus no body knows how these Free agents will work out.

It could happen. If any team could do it imo it would probably be the Pat's because they truly play week to week. I'm definately not suggesting we are going undefeated but I will say it's not out of the realm of probability.

Umm...we're going 19-0! Like fixit said! Undefeated and unscored upon!:D

Only 6 months to opening kickoff. Only remaining question: Will Pats opponents bother to suit up?

Disclaimer: This is in jest. I'm a homer, but not insane-yet.

lets get through 16 games healthy,then the sky's the limit!!!

yee hah:singing: :singing:

:yeahthat: To enter the playoffs healthy would be the gift that will keep on giving.

I'd be thrilled with a 12-4 regular season and a total season record of 15-4,That means we won the big one,thats what counts - 19-0 crap is B.S.

Anything's possible but with their schedule I'd be happy with HFA and could care less if they're undefeated during regular season. It would be cool to break the 21 game record though:eek: jk

I'd be thrilled with a 12-4 regular season and a total season record of 15-4,That means we won the big one,thats what counts - 19-0 crap is B.S.

Remember when the Colts went through that hype? I think they felt the pressure. If the Pats ever did it I'd be ecstatic but I don't mind getting a loss or two out of the way.

Last edited:
He said it on PTI yesterday and despite having a straight face I thought he was kidding but he said it again today with the same straight face so I think he is serious.

Let me just say that a team is never going to go undefeated in the NFL again.

But the bigger issue for me is that with all this media hype WE'RE DOOOOMMED!!!!!!

That actually made me burst out laughing. Very funny indeed!

Lighten up. I watched the show . . . he was playing counterpoint to Wilbon. It was his 10 second sound bite and he was being over the top.

As for my own prediction, we will go 19-0. However, we lose the China Bowl in Bejing. This sucks because pundits will say we can't be a dynasty without winning in China, the birthplace of all things dynasty.

Lighten up. I watched the show . . . he was playing counterpoint to Wilbon. It was his 10 second sound bite and he was being over the top.

It wasn't an impulsive statement. He said it yesterday during a segment when he did not have to take the opposite standpoint of Wilbon.

And as the syaing goes-say what you mean and mean what you say.

Last edited:
Don't worry, the media will line up behind their beloved Colts when the season draws nearer. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of pre-season mags pick the Jets to win the division.

A couple of nice comments aside, this team is utterly hated by the media. A series of brilliant off-season moves that have clearly made this team much better (while the Colts do nothing to improve their roster) won't change that.

Don't want to jinx it but I do think the Pats have built one of their most talented teams ever pre-draft. If we can hit the jackpot with our 2 #1s, then watch out NFL!!

Talking heads say things like this knowing there is a 1% chance of being right. They know that if they are wrong no one will really call them on it and if they are right, they will remind the world.

Someone somewhere is picking the AZ Cardinals as the darkhorse favorite to win the SB with the same theory in mind - but it's still not going to happen.

Pats won 21 straight once, didn't they? Never say never.

Yeah, but that trip to Beijing in pre-season worries me.

If they're healthy for Week 1, they've got as reasonable a shot as any team of this era.

I was waiting for the draft to see if they would go undefeated. Barring no injuries, its hard to foresee a loss, it really is. I think its reasonable to expect high production at RB with our new receiving threat. Also there just is no glaring holes on the team any more. All the areas the team was hurting in, are now arguably the strongest sectors of the team, while retaining virtually everyone. (Cept Graham/Dillon). Brady's first year with a few new receivers might be a little shaky the first couple of games but he is Tom Brady so I'm sure it will be minor. I'd say a minimum of 14-2 with a very possible 16-0 if I had to guess right now but need to wait for the draft still.

I really am excited for the upcoming year. We're gonna be very improved on both sides of the ball.

That said, it's just patently ridiculous to talk about going undefeated while it's still MARCH. Our away schedule doesn't have enough Oaklands and Detroits on it to think a couple of losses aren't a part of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes