Welcome to PatsFans.com

Koran burning, military funeral protesting pastor is back...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 4 / -2

This time the mentally challenged, attention seeking whore has hung Obama in effigy in front of his "church". [​IMG]

Just cuz you can, does it mean you should? Sooner or later someone will separate a few teeth, should he actually have any, from his mouth. :mad:

June 8, 2012

Koran-Hating Pastor Hangs Barack Obama In Effigy In Florida Church's Front Yard

[​IMG]

The Florida pastor who ignited an international furor by threatening to burn a pile of Korans has applied his subtle touch to the 2012 presidential campaign by constructing a gallows from which a likeness of President Barack Obama now hangs in effigy.

The display in the front yard of Terry Jones’s Dove World Outreach Center (DWOC) in Gainesville features a dummy wearing an Obama mask hanging from a yellow noose. Along with an American flag and a rainbow-striped gay pride flag, the scene includes an Uncle Sam dummy and a child’s doll hanging from the right hand of the Obama figure

Koran-Hating Pastor Hangs Barack Obama In Effigy In Florida Church's Front Yard | The Smoking Gun
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

Wwjd......
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

I don't agree with this, but I'm ok with it. He does have the legal right to express his opinion.
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +294 / 4 / -2

Agreed. Hence the "just because you can, does it mean you should". People like this won't get any sympathy from me should a random passer by accidentally bump their fist into their face. If you know what I mean. Accidentally of course. ;)
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

The guy's a SAVAGE....what else can you say?

Now if I saw this hanging from a home in my town, would I do anything about it? Prolly not unless I saw the guy standing in his yard. And even then, I'd probably honk my horn and flip him the bird.

Not worth getting arrested over....
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

What a difference a few years makes:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-hate-alive-well-idaho-page4.html#post1163081
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Savage Bastard,
    Now this picture will be seen all over the world and give more fodder to the people who consider America "The Great Satan" that is probably what this nut wants, be must be surrounded by body guards, I'm amazed he hasn't been hurt.

THIS IS MORE REALITY
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

The FACT is it's perfectly legal....and keeping in mind I voted for Obama (thank you for proving that!), I wasn't being SUBbjective back then.

Anyone who refuses to change their opinion throughout their lives is the very definition of ignorant. So showing me this post proves I'm open to change.

What do you think should happen to the guy MrsP?
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

The FACT is, PR, that a few years ago the FACT was the exact opposite - according to The Book of You, anyhow.

How do we know you're being objective now if you weren't capable of being objective back then?

No, it shows that you don't really know what FACTS are.

Same thing I would have thought a few years ago. He oughta be arrested. Unfortunately he won't be.
  10. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

So anyway, I find irony in the name of his church versus this moron's actions.

"Outreach"?

Legal? Yes, but a potential gray area.

Smart? I guess it depends on what you want. I would wager Phelps makes a boatload of money off of his hate, and in this economy...

EDIT - On second thought, I think there is precedence for this being perfectly legal. I recall a lot of Bush effigies being hung and burned.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

We ALL have our books MrsP...even you. After all, you're the one who asked me if I was ok people having evil thoughts, aren't you?

What charge could he be arrested for? Did you also want those who hung Bush in effigy to be arrested?

BTW....thank you for the compliment of researching my post history to find your quote...you sure are one amazing woman!
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +294 / 4 / -2

The 2008 PR, caught up in the hoopla of hope and change.

The 2012 PR who's Hope & Change amounts to "hoping" that our governments policies leave the rest of us serfs with some "change" in our pockets. :D
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

It's callled "impersonating a police officer." Look it up.

Yes....any time anyone makes threatening gestures, no matter how empty, against a sitting president I think they should be punished.

But that's not really the point. The point is, opinion can change - but not the facts. You have a bad habit of stating your opinion and calling it "fact" when in truth, it is not.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

and that's ok.....
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

MrsP...no offense intended, but I think the prednisone is affecting you because this isn't the Romney thread. So you want the guy who hung the effigy to be arrested for impersonating a police officer?:confused:

Really....so you'd want someone who flips the president the bird as his motorcade rides by to be arrested? Which gestures specifically should result in an American citizen to be arrested?

How about a sign with the word "Obama" circled with any "X" through it?

If it really bothers you, I suggest you learn to ignore it. A lot of our members have bad habits including you. But we're still one big happy family!
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Ha! I told you prednisone was wicked.

I said "threatening," not disrespectful.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

Hey, with all due respect, I've had med's affect me before, so all is understood.

Question: Isn't prednisone a male substance (testosterone or some male hormone?). If so, I guess it should affect women more than men, shouldn't it? I'll default to your experience and education in this area....plus, I'm too lazy to google it!
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Thank you for your patience and understanding! It's such a weird thing to be not quite in control.......

No, not at all. Prednisone is a total different class of steroid. It's a corticosteroid. The others are anabolic-androgenic steroids. Prednisone is mostly used for severe allergic reactions, breathing difficulties, colitis and diseases of the immune system. Problem is, it also destroys your immune system while you're taking it. The body produces a certain amount of corticosteroid on it's own daily - when you're having an exacerbation of a disease you need more than your body produces, hence they give you extra in the form of prednisone - but your body instantly recognizes the foreign source and stops producing it's own - so it's really easy to become steroid dependant and you can't just quit taking it once you've started or you'll be left without any at all in your body.

Personally, I think it affects people because of body weight as well as individual reactions......I'm a really small woman and there are fairly young children who weigh more than I do - prednisone is a drug, which when given to children, is calibrated by weight - but not so in adults for some reason.

Nobody listens to me, though, so I am stuck with the adult dose - the same dosage someone 3X my weight would take.

Last day, though....so I'm almost home free.

MrP will be happy!!
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -10

I'll defer to MrP to comment upon that....:D
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

No president in the history of America has had more sh!t thrown at them while they were in office than GW Bush.

(they hung him, they put Hitler Hair on his lip, they compared him to a Chimp (try that one with jug ears) they constantly called him "a drunk" they wanted to jail him for "war crimes" they called him every filthy name in the book and they actually made a movie of him being assasinated, shot dead, while he was still in office.

The first thing that Messiah Obama told his fawning slobbering gushing media after he was sworn in was "I don't want you people talking about my Ears"

:singing::singing::singing::singing: (JUG EARS)