PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Koppen not a Roster Lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say it was. All I am saying is the Pats don't have a single guy that teams have to account for off the edge. I don't understand Pats Front Office people saying they think they can resolve the issue internally. Tully B-C has proven to be a JAG, Woods has never shown anything (I don't understand how anybody can even consider him a potential answer), Crable was not a sack in college and neither was Redd. If these guys were not pressure guys in college, why would anybody assume they're going to be anything while going against better competition? The Pats were terrible on third down last year (26th in the league), and I attribute the majority of that to their pass rush. How has their pass rush improved? Better yet, how has it not gotten worse with the loss of Vrable?

You used the double digit sack argument about Thomas. The reality is that his last 3 years as a Raven were 8,9 and 11 sack seasons. He's got to be accounted for.

Thomas is one of the best pass rushers in league. According to his bio at patriots.com, he led the league in sacks over the 2004-2006 seasons. Belichick coached him in the pro-bowl and signed him up. He only had 6.5 sacks in 2007, playing most of the season at ILB. That season, our defense had one of the best stats of any patriot teams ever. There were many, many ways we could have won the SB. The loss wasn't the fault of Thomas who had two sacks. Back at OLB, Thomas had 6 sacks last year when he was injured on November 9th. He didn't play the rest of the season.

The bottom line is that we have Thomas back healthy. He is the major addition since last year.

Thomas is a proven pass rusher.

riess is a good reporter but has no inside info, its pure speculation just like everyone here, koppen makes the roster hands down, johnson was brought in for cheap injury insurance, if he was to be cut why wait until the training camp they can use the cap space now, if that was their plan
After you've been here more than two days, you might learn that Reiss often DOES have inside information and that to compare what he says to what some guys here say in numb.

Beyond that, read what Reiss said before going bonkers. Reiss didn't think that Kppen would be cut. Just the opposite. He thinks Koppown will make the team. But he doesn't think he is an absolute lock, and he isn't.

Most positions on the team are not iron-clad locks. I'm certain that last February you would have said the same about Vrabel.

Welcome to Patsfans, but kindly read a few posts before giving us definative locks for the team and embarrassing yourself.

Not everyone likes Reiss as much as most of us do,but only a moron would say he doesn't know more than anyone here, or that he doesn't sometimes have BB's ear. Just watch them interact at a press conference.

After you've been here more than two days, you might learn that Reiss often DOES have inside information and that to compare what he says to what some guys here say in numb.

Beyond that, read what Reiss said before going bonkers. Reiss didn't think that Kppen would be cut. Just the opposite. He thinks Koppown will make the team. But he doesn't think he is an absolute lock, and he isn't.

Most positions on the team are not iron-clad locks. I'm certain that last February you would have said the same about Vrabel.

Welcome to Patsfans, but kindly read a few posts before giving us definative locks for the team and embarrassing yourself.

Not everyone likes Reiss as much as most of us do,but only a moron would say he doesn't know more than anyone here, or that he doesn't sometimes have BB's ear. Just watch them interact at a press conference.
only a moron would post what you did, riess also said cassel would be cut last year, great inside info there, i got news for you belichick doesnt give info to any press guy, in fact schefter has broke more stories then anyone on the pats,and hes not local,stop thinking that everything riess says is gospel and that hes some authority, hes a good reporter, but just like you and me on his thoughts, hes good at posting on his blog after the news is emailed to him, just like its done to every reporter, and im sorry to tell you koppen is a lock for the roster sorry mike riess your wrong there and were wrong about cassell, i believe riess pedicted a pass rusher on draft day, whoops he was wrong again, get the message now, take a look in the mirror before you start name calling people morons

only a moron would post what you did, riess also said cassel would be cut last year, great inside info there, i got news for you belichick doesnt give info to any press guy, in fact schefter has broke more stories then anyone on the pats,and hes not local,stop thinking that everything riess says is gospel and that hes some authority, hes a good reporter, but just like you and me on his thoughts, hes good at posting on his blog after the news is emailed to him, just like its done to every reporter, and im sorry to tell you koppen is a lock for the roster sorry mike riess your wrong there and were wrong about cassell, i believe riess pedicted a pass rusher on draft day, whoops he was wrong again, get the message now, take a look in the mirror before you start name calling people morons

I think I hate you.

Last edited:
I think I hate you.
ya the truth hurts doesnt it, you shouldnt hate people thats not a good way to go thru life hating people, usaully when people start hating people because they disagree we them , its not a good thing, thosr people usaully hate themselves and thier standing in life, again not a good thing, remember this is only football,calm done , take a xanax relax

ya the truth hurts doesnt it, you shouldnt hate people thats not a good way to go thru life hating people, usaully when people start hating people because they disagree we them , its not a good thing, thosr people usaully hate themselves and thier standing in life, again not a good thing, remember this is only football,calm done , take a xanax relax

No actually I am quite happy thank you. I have the right to feel however I want to feel about someone. Your ignorance about this team, our coach and Reiss is laughable. Combine that with your naive absolute statements and grandstanding and I've seen all I need to see.

only a moron would post what you did, ...take a look in the mirror before you start name calling people morons

Us Patsfans moron constituency take offense at your profligate use of the appelation

No actually I am quite happy thank you. I have the right to feel however I want to feel about someone. Your ignorance about this team, our coach and Reiss is laughable. Combine that with your naive absolute statements and grandstanding and I've seen all I need to see.
so with you anything riess says you must agree?? you should get a mind of your own, a reporter s view is no different than mine or yours, they are just like me and you they go to the bathroom like me and you, ive learned a longtime ago you shouldnt believe everything the press says or writes, maybe you ought take some friendly advise, riess is a good source for info, but just dont believe everything he says, there is this sentiment anything the man says is right and ive proven him to be wrong numerous times,but if you want to belive everything he says thats your problem, hell the people at jonestown believed everything jim jones said and look where it got them

Last edited:
Reiss outright said that he was making an educated guess, didn't he? I know that he gets inside info sometimes, but I don't thin ANYONE's getting inside info on who's in jeopardy in TC. He's just working off the same assumptions as most other people, and IMO the explanation that he gave wasn't very good.

Last edited:
It's like AlisonLovesBrady back from his gig scribbling for the betting blog in Las Vegas, deja vu over and over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes