Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbykr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Let's hope he get's back to from:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=132229

a few quotes:

It was learned last week that the Patriots’ fourth-year starting center suffered a badly torn rotator cuff (in addition to a dislocated shoulder) in the Patriots’ Nov. 13 win at Miami last season. The injury knocked Koppen out the remainder of the year and set him on an arduous rehab that has only recently seen him turn the corner

Some good news:

A source close to Koppen said last week that a full recovery is expected and that if everything goes according to plan, the Boston College product should be ready to start the season. Koppen wouldn’t acknowledge as much.

“My only expectation is that I will be 100 percent at some point,†Koppen said.

yeah..well we never know how serious any injury is because the way Bill keeps it low.

We never really got the full detail on Faulks broken leg .. didnt know about Brady's hernia..and now Koppen's truth comes out

Makes one kind of wonder how bad the injury to Matt Light is. Also, we may never know how hobbled Duane Starks really was in his short time with us.

Remix 6 said:
yeah..well we never know how serious any injury is because the way Bill keeps it low.

We never really got the full detail on Faulks broken leg .. didnt know about Brady's hernia..and now Koppen's truth comes out

And your point is what...the Patriots have not made the specifics of player injuries available to the media since BB has been here.

The Pats've won 3 Lombardis in that span. That's all I need to know.

Did he have surgery? Article doesn't say. I know from personal experience
you can make 100% recovery from a rotator injury.
If he didn't have surgery then maybe it wasn't that bad.

Good to hear he's turned the corner with 5 months to go until the season starts. Also good that Hochstein is a rock solid backup just in case.

Without an info coming out of the team, I think that most of us knew that this was a seroius injury.

However, it seems as if he is recovering nicely now and will be ready for the season. That is good news. Having said that , it might not hurt to draft a center in the late rounds. Ross, Dan's replacemnt at BC, miight be a good 6th rounder.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Having said that, it might not hurt to draft a center in the late rounds.
Especially with Koppen being a UFA in 12 months. I like Hoch but he's also the top Guard backup, a good C backup would be a good idea, knocking someone like Mruc off the roster. God knows we have plenty of picks to get some depth this year.

JR4 said:
Did he have surgery? Article doesn't say. I know from personal experience
you can make 100% recovery from a rotator injury.
If he didn't have surgery then maybe it wasn't that bad.
With the 'mechanism of injury,' a 300+ pound DL landing on Koppen's back as he was putting his weight on his left arm to get off the ground, surgery was scheduled before he left the field. That was one nasty injury to re-watch on tape, I winced as much as I did when Theisman's leg was snapped.

Box_O_Rocks said:
With the 'mechanism of injury,' a 300+ pound DL landing on Koppen's back as he was putting his weight on his left arm to get off the ground, surgery was scheduled before he left the field. That was one nasty injury to re-watch on tape, I winced as much as I did when Theisman's leg was snapped.

Can anybody tell us?

how important is a right-hander's left hand to snapping?

flutie2phelan said:
Can anybody tell us?

how important is a right-hander's left hand to snapping?

Somehow I don't think the snap will be the issue in assessing his ability to return to pre-injury form. As Felger pointed out today he's an undersized Center who relies on upper body strength as opposed to bulk to effectively function post snap.

smg93 said:
Makes one kind of wonder how bad the injury to Matt Light is. Also, we may never know how hobbled Duane Starks really was in his short time with us.
Re: Starks--if he was still injured at the time of his release, i believe patriots would have had to pay him an injury settlement when they upon released him. the size of any settlement, if made, would say a little something about how badly starks was hurt.
Re: Matt Light--he had to be badly hurt. he missed what? the last 10 weeks of the season? he shoulda been back in 6-7 weeks if he'd had a straightforward fracture of either tibia or fibula.
if i were light, BB or SP, i guess i wouldn't want it known the nature of the break, the prognosis, or even what leg it was. opponents Will take advantage if they have enough info.

Box_O_Rocks said:

I honestly couldn't see it in replay though I only saw the replays live I never watched tape of it or slow motion. After hearing how bad it looked I guess I'm glad that I didn't see it. I hate that stuff.

Nothing is owed a player in 2006 who was injured in 2005. We had the same issue with Law last year. Starks would be owed 2005 monies if we waived him in mid-2005, but nothing of 2006 money if we waive him before the season.

ilduce06410 said:
Re: Starks--if he was still injured at the time of his release, i believe patriots would have had to pay him an injury settlement when they upon released him. the size of any settlement, if made, would say a little something about how badly starks was hurt.
Re: Matt Light--he had to be badly hurt. he missed what? the last 10 weeks of the season? he shoulda been back in 6-7 weeks if he'd had a straightforward fracture of either tibia or fibula.
if i were light, BB or SP, i guess i wouldn't want it known the nature of the break, the prognosis, or even what leg it was. opponents Will take advantage if they have enough info.

how important is a right-hander's left hand to snapping?[/QUOTE]

* If the OC is right handed, he scratches his butt with the left. We aren't going to really know how injured players are going to do until they start hitting in TC and opposing players in preseason and even real games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back