PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Koppen got a $1,092,000 raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this raise and Branch's raise included when Clayton showed us being 4mil under the cap.

Do you agree that we are 4 mil under?

DefenseRules said:
Wow. :eek:
What's going on? Did these guys reach some kind of escalator in their contract?

They must have.

PATSNUTme said:
Is this raise and Branch's raise included when Clayton showed us being 4mil under the cap.

I have no idea.

Do you agree that we are 4 mil under?
I never disagree with John Clayton's number even when I can't explain it.

I went to the same site, and found the search function and had them list the whole team. You can also pick which year you want. I looked at 2005 and then I selected 2006. The following list with numbers came up. Givens and Vinitieri are missing, but so is Gay, not sure who else or what it means. Willie is listed, so is Rodney.

Not on the list: Ashworth, Troy Brown, Chatham, Childress, Andre Davis, Dwight, Evans, Flutie, Fauria, Hawkins, James, Mruczkowski, Neal, Chad Scott, Guss Scott, Starks, Stone, Yates

There are also new people on the list.

http://www.nflpa.org/members/main.asp?subPage=Active+Player+Search

Edit: I couldn't get it to open on my search results, so I changed it to the search page. I just selected NEP and then the selected the year, leave everything else as is and it produces the list.

Last edited:
Miguel said:
His 2006 salary used to be listed as $460,000. It is now listed as $1,552,000.
http://www.nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=34642

Is there ANY reason ... the Pats should give a million dollars to someone ... on IR ... who becomes a free agent next year?

Except that they have signed him to a longer contract ... of whose iceberg this is the visible tip?

flutie2phelan said:
Is there ANY reason ... the Pats should give a million dollars to someone ... on IR ... who becomes a free agent next year?

Except that they have signed him to a longer contract ... of whose iceberg this is the visible tip?

Koppen must have done enough in 2003 and 2004 to earn the escalator. Since Koppen does not have a 2007 salary, his contract was not extended.

Miguel said:
Koppen must have done enough in 2003 and 2004 to earn the escalator. Since Koppen does not have a 2007 salary, his contract was not extended.

Ah, too bad. I had me hopes.

JOhnnyBravo said:
can I get one of those kind of raises?

Well, he deserves it. He started as a rookie, solid in the middle of the OL and calls the blocking schemes.

He's the guy who made Damien Woody expendable and earned us the Compensatory Pick which became Nick Kaczur.

Is there any chance that this is salary not paid by the Pats, but under the NFL plan for players under rookie contracts who far outperform their contracts, like Koppen three years ago and Gay two years ago? Or is that plan solely for rookies?

It seems strange that all these increases (Branch, Samuel, Koppen) are going to guys with one year left on their rookie deal.

dryheat44 said:
Is there any chance that this is salary not paid by the Pats, but under the NFL plan for players under rookie contracts who far outperform their contracts, like Koppen three years ago and Gay two years ago? Or is that plan solely for rookies?

None. That performance for pay program does not account against the cap.

It seems strange that all these increases (Branch, Samuel, Koppen) are going to guys with one year left on their rookie deal.

It is not strange. All of the players signed rookie deals that had escalator clauses in them. This is the year that the escalators were due to kick in. Klecko also had an escalator clause but it appears that he did not reach his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back