PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Koppen breaking down the O-line play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they dont play more shotgun and run the ball out of the gun , like in 2007 and like manning does now . ?Just curious, maybe someone here has some insights.

Mankins was the team's best OL last year. This myth that he was a problem really needs to die.
best run blocker probably, best pass blocker, no

Mankins was the team's best OL last year. This myth that he was a problem really needs to die.

Your first statement may or not be true but it has nothing to do with your second statement.

Knighton_sack_NE.gif

Your first statement may or not be true but it has nothing to do with your second statement.

Of course it has something to do with it. The myth is just that.

You were cheering for a multiple murderer. Incognito is a choir boy in comparison. But you'll get your way on this one.

The main difference is that with Hernandez nobody knew what he did, until he was arrested and I haven't seen anyone cheering for him since.. apart from the Pouncey brothers..

Incognito is a locker room cancer and more importantly the lowest possible form of a human being. We have been through this several times already but I rather see where we can go with what we have, than cheering for a person who sexually assaults women during golf tournaments just for fun.

If Incognito was a cancer, why did his teammates backed him?
As for the allegations of sexual assault, those remained allegations. Probably lies. If so many people saw him assault that woman, why wasn't he indicted?

If Incognito was a cancer, why did his teammates backed him?
As for the allegations of sexual assault, those remained allegations. Probably lies. If so many people saw him assault that woman, why wasn't he indicted?

I answered your question in the Incognito thread.

The main difference is that with Hernandez nobody knew what he did, until he was arrested and I haven't seen anyone cheering for him since.. apart from the Pouncey brothers..

There is no difference. Even if there were, people cheered Moss, Dillon, Haynesworth, and others.

The Patriots fan base doesn't have clean hands on this stuff.

For those who've insisted that Mankins being gone hasn't made a difference, take it up with Zolak. He just talked about Solder's play, and said he thought some of that was because of not trusting the players who've been next to him.

Wendell and Connolly regressed under Dante's tutelage last season.

This is a talent issue and Devey belongs in the CFL not the NFL.

You really think the CFL is that bad?

It seems like Nate Soldier have gotten worse every year...considering that he was a First Round Lineman ouch! I think Solder is one of the main reasons why Brady is so nervous in the Pocket he's beaten on almost every pass play.:rolleyes:

I wonder why they dont play more shotgun and run the ball out of the gun , like in 2007 and like manning does now . ?Just curious, maybe someone here has some insights.

Problem with that is the OL can't hold up in pass protection if the Pats throw and can't open up holes consistently if the Pats run (a run out of the shotgun a lot of times is a delayed hand-off). The OL being as putrid as it has been has effectively handcuffed the offense until the Pats find a fix. At least it's comforting to know that they're looking. Hopefully one is found sooner rather than later. It would be nice to actually field a competent offense before the tough part of the schedule starts.

Yup! We FINALLY are focusing on the most serious problem in the OL, along with the associated play by Solder who is much worse without his personal crutch beside him.

Why, oh why is Cannon playing LG instead of Kline or Connolly?

IMHO, we should have simply played next man up, and had Stork replace Wendell when he was ready. The choice of starting the season with Cannon at LG and Devey at RG is just plain weird.

Of course, as you point out--why in the hell Marcus Cannon was moved to the L side is beyond me. That is the million dollar question for sure. They could've just as easily thrown Kline in at LG and still had a line that had weaknesses, but were at least similar to the play of last season; especially when you take into account the fact that Vollmer came back this year.

Yup! We FINALLY are focusing on the most serious problem in the OL, along with the associated play by Solder who is much worse without his personal crutch beside him.

Why, oh why is Cannon playing LG instead of Kline or Connolly?

IMHO, we should have simply played next man up, and had Stork replace Wendell when he was ready. The choice of starting the season with Cannon at LG and Devey at RG is just plain weird.

I have a hard time seeing Connolly-Wendell-Cannon as much of an improvement, if any, over the status quo.

You really think the CFL is that bad?
????

There are many open jobs every year in the NFL that go to players who did not play the year before. What percentage of those jobs go to players from the CFL? Do you think that there is a reason for that low percentage?

Even if Mankins wasn't playing his best its still not a good idea to trade away talent from your weakest area. Bengals and Jets are going to murder Brady if stuff doesn't get fixed real soon.

Even if Mankins wasn't playing his best its still not a good idea to trade away talent from your weakest area. Bengals and Jets are going to murder Brady if stuff doesn't get fixed real soon.
If it doesn't get fixed soon, we won't have to wait for the Bengals or Jets.

Based on reports of what players were saying, among other things. But feel free to be your same lovable self. Tell us all about how we're all getting our line play analysis wrong, and that the line has really been great.
Wow, for all that so called intelligence, you don't seem to comprehend the English language that well, do you? My cobmment focused on your omnibus declaration that Logan Mankins was the best Pats offensive lineman last season. That it was a myth that his play had declined.

You made the damned statement as if it were unquestioned fact, with nothing to back it up but your own overblown ego. Please pull up the quote where players said Mankins was their best OLman. That might take a while. Also while you are at it, you might want to find the quote where I stated everything was great with the OL. Oh yeah, I forgot, it doesn't really have to have happened if it comes from you. :rolleyes:

Huge ego, misinformation, constant negative views of the Patriots.....OMG, is that you Ron Borges. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes