Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

KONY 2012 - YouTube

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

There is a thread on this (to some extent) from a while back. ( http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/829577-100-troops-africa.html ) I hadn't heard about this project until today, but its very interesting to see how a voice can spread through social networks, and people actually giving a crap about other people.

Unreal that this dude is #1 on the list of people wanted by the international courts, and the illness that he is doing in Africa.

Video is 30 minutes long, but well done and eye opening.

April 21st....things are gunna look different.

2. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Pretty Interesting HD....

Ironically a handful of people on my FB account also posted links to this.

PR - This would be an example of the impact (importance?) of the stuff we were talking about yesterday (social networking and constant contact etc)

This filmmaker basically used FB to create a world wide movement to expose the need to capture someone.

Seems like a much more worthy cause to use it for than when I started using FB in 2006...which was only to get notes from people I had class with because I had better things to do than go :)

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,067 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +372 / 11 / -28

I criticized African Expansion previously, and the acts of Kony are despicable and need to be stopped. This is the role for a multinational force, not the US alone..