PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kolb "upset" Reid didn't play him vs. Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Kolb "upset" Reid didn't play him vs. Cards - NJ.com

PHILADELPHIA -- The day after his forgettable second half against the Baltimore Ravens Nov. 23, Kevin Kolb was forced to ac cept the decision of Eagles head coach Andy Reid to start Donovan McNabb in the 48-20 victory over the Arizona Cardinals Thanksgiv ing night.

That does not mean Kolb had to like it.

"I talked to Coach Reid the next morning in his office and I was upset," Kolb said. "I want to be the guy, and I think I can be, but at the same time, I respected his decision, and it has turned out pretty good so far."

Asked if there was a difference between respecting Reid's decision and agreeing with it, Kolb said, "A little bit, sure. I wanted to start. Of course."

McNabb threw four touchdown passes after being benched for the first time in his career against the Ravens to help the Eagles (6-5-1) kept their faint playoff hopes alive.

"From one aspect, it was tough to watch, but I am glad we got the 'W'" Kolb said. "Donovan de serves a lot of respect and deserves his time, but like I've said, I feel confident I can be the guy, and I'm looking forward to being that."

Unless McNabb is injured Sunday or the Giants (11-1) slam the door early on the Birds at Meadowlands, Kolb will have to watch some more.

Not such an easy thing to do when your last performance re sulted in 10 completions for just 73 yards and two interceptions, including one returned a NFL-record 107 yards for a touchdown.

"That's the thing I was looking forward to -- getting back out there and getting that bad taste out of mouth," Kolb said. "Some of that happens with us playing good as a team, but it's still not as good as if you are out there yourself."

After not attempting a single pass as a rookie in 2007, and now forced to dwell on one of the worst performances of his career from the sidelines, Kolb is getting antsy..............

Re: OT: Kolb "upset" Reid didn't play him vs. Cards

It's good to see that he wants to get in there and lead his team. McNabb is done anyways after this year, and you want your QB in waiting to have this type of mindset.

The most interceptions McNabb has ever thrown in a season his entire career is what, 13? The guy is WAY better than horrible Philly fans realize, they do a great job of running out of town the best players they have across all their sports teams, who they don't appreciate until those players leave.

Kevin Kolb is garbage, he will never be a legit starter for any team, has anyone seen the way this guy plays

"...has turned out pretty good so far."

Dun dun dun.

Kolb entered the game down by three, and finished down by 29, and he's upset? Two more completions on five more attempts for 14 more yards, with the same number of TD (0) and INT (2) in an equal amount of time as McNabb wasn't exactly a performance that warrants a start the following week.

It's good to see that he wants to get in there and lead his team. McNabb is done anyways after this year, and you want your QB in waiting to have this type of mindset.

Unless said quarterback (KOLB) sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing