PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Known Thine Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're definitely not talking about the Jaguars. In this thread you've mentioned Titans, Haynesworth, and the fact that you just watched a sack on Rivers (who plays for San Diego for the record...it is getting a little murky in here).

I know, in between talking about the Jaguars, I got distracted and drifted to the Titans...try managing an 18 month old that is sick and an wired up 7 year old while responding to football posts. It gets convoluted. Regardless, both teams are one gap teams.

The Jags obviously DON'T use their D-linemen to occupy 2 O-linemen to free up their linebackers. If you watched the game yesterday, you saw Jags D-linemen making all the tackles on the Steelers RB's...even on the straight "dive" runs inside the tackles.

Their D-linemen are too good to waste playing a 2-gap. Hell, I often wish we'd stop playing 2-gap since our D-line is comparable with the Jags.

True 2 gap linemen are actually more skilled and rarer than one gap types. The on gappers are smalled and faster (except the one tech).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes