PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kneejerk reactions: Post-Giants game final roster cuts edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hate their coats!...

I can't believe they kept Jesse Holley over Jabar Gaffney. What did Michael Holley uncover during his time writing Patriots Reign that he is holding over Belichick?:D

Gaffney was an injured vet and they can set up an injury settlement that would allow him to rejoin the team during the season. Holley won't be on the final roster. Not sure if he is PS eligable.

Gaffney was an injured vet and they can set up an injury settlement that would allow him to rejoin the team during the season. Holley won't be on the final roster. Not sure if he is PS eligable.

He was outright released. He was a UFA the instant he was. No injury settlement. You don't get those for little dings. The $250K signing bonus covered that. He may be back if they need him, but if that's the case he's shadow roster. His option to wait it out. Someone else may offer him more money not to. All he's going to get here going forward is unguaranteed vet min. Holley was never going to be here.

I know that this is a kneejerk reaction thread, but that's just crazy talk. The guy didn't even play tonight.
You didn't know?

Brady and Gronkowski were suspended by Bill Belichick for goofing off in the endzone prior to the start of the game. :rolleyes:

Kraft has to do something about his broadcast arm...

Criqui informed me at one point tonight that Myron Pryor made a play...from the PUP. And the home grown so called talent isn't much better. If Steve Bruton's father hadn't been a Patriot, would he have a job in this market? And half of the halftime report was a commercial for Trader Joe's with the Mayo family... And the radio arm of the broadcast arm is just horrific. And Zolak was at his talk show host best hollering himself hoarse about the refs and cheap owners even as Jonathan came on an attempted to get his product back on message. Replacing DeOssie with Fauria isn't much of an upgrade for different reasons.

Agree on Ciriqui - he is just awful. How do these guys keep their jobs while being so unprepared, misinformed, and clueless? Cross is almost as bad.

Disagree on Steve Burton - he's great on TV, IMO.

We clearly have locker room issues. Did you see that long drawn out discussion Brady and Wilfork had? One of those clowns is going to have to go.

yes..I am sure Dennis and Callahan will get to the bottom of it...only to find Meter's stash of Penthouse magazines

BB may roll the dice and hope Mallett is far enough along to do ok with the number ones. Hoyer didn't prove much tonite.

It would free up the roster for a spot where the extra player would provide more. LB is getting thin and the season hasn't even started. An extra OL might be neeed also. I think there are quite a few players that might provide more upside at their position than carrying 3 qb's.

It would have spoken volumes if we'd seen Edelman take a few snaps. He's the most experienced QB on the team after Brady-Hoyer-Mallett. My guess is that they keep three and in specific situations, the 3rd stringer goes to the practice squad as we saw with the Super Bowl.

In fact, I'd LOVE to see Dennis Miller back in the booth. he elevated the MNF broadcast by an order of magnitude with his witty and pithy comments.

Ugh....for that I'd give you a knee-jerk reaction. Blah to yuck on the pithy/witty scale.

Knight jumps Queen!
Bishop jumps Queen!
Pawns jump Queen!

now that I got the randomness out of me after reading the thread.

I'd have to say the 2nd string defense held up fairly well against a first string-vanilla offense. I would say the lack offense means so very litte and BB/Brady must feel comfortale enough because they didn't play.

I won't be shocked if as mall handfull of our cuts don't clear waivers to the PS.

Then you aren't paying attention to how this works. Gaffney was let go either because he is being given a chance to find another home before the preseason is over, or because he's hurt and the team needs another body for the last preseason game.

It was a joke playing off the other thread about Gaffney. I expect Gaffney to be re-signed some time after week 1.

Ugh....for that I'd give you a knee-jerk reaction. Blah to yuck on the pithy/witty scale.

For me, it was nice to have someone who not only knows football, but has a life outside football and an education that goes past high school. :D

Lots of exciting new faces but a tad thin at OT and ILB. Would not be surprised so see cuts to get under 53 and sign other options at these positions.

Bolden is an OK practice squad candidate.
Sterling Moore is awful.
Ebner makes this team.
Could Hoyer be in trouble?

wouldn't be surprised if hoyer were cut

It would have spoken volumes if we'd seen Edelman take a few snaps. He's the most experienced QB on the team after Brady-Hoyer-Mallett. My guess is that they keep three and in specific situations, the 3rd stringer goes to the practice squad as we saw with the Super Bowl.

LOL Name the third string QB who went to the PS in the superbowl. And Edleman hasn't taken a snap at the position now in 3 years. Mallett is the only PS eligible QB and if you waive him to get him there you might as well cut him because he won't clear waivers given the dearth of backups with remaining upside let alone potential.

Isn't he also the only other player on the roster with college level QB experience after Brady, Hoyer, and Mallett?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey