PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kneejerk reactions: Post-Buccaneer game roster edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd seriously dump depth elsewhere if we could find a vet tackle, until things settle down.

Demps Gigiddy Gigiddy.

I think all safeties should play some rugby, Ebner sure looks like he knows how to tackle.

Cole looked pretty good is he cb4 and I don't mean Chris Rock.

Which New England Patriots backup quarterback ends up in a body cast next week against the New York Giants?

After reviewing the game film Belichick decides to rescind the Welker trade.

Last edited:
Which New England Patriots backup quarterback ends up in a body cast next week against the New York Giants?
the pats play the giants next week? :eek::eek::eek:

taps.jpg

That's why Hoyer didn't play tonight. He was busy body cast shopping.

My 53 was the same as after Philly & the Demps signing:

QB (2) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett

RB (5) Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, Jeff Demps

WR (6) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Deion Branch, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater

TE (3) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells

C (2) Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell
G (4) Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald
T (3) Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Marcus Cannon

DE (4) Chandler Jones, Brandon Deaderick, Jake Bequette, Trevor Scott

DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Ron Brace

ILB(4) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Donta Hightower, Jeff Tarpinian
OLB(3) Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham, Bobby Carpenter

CB (5) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard
SS (3) Steve Gregory, Nate Ebner, James Ihedigbo
FS (2) Patrick Chung, Tavon Wilson

ST (3) Stephen Gostkowski, Danny Aiken, Zoltan Mesko

Remove Warren & Diggy, and add Hoyer & Cole, and I'd be pretty much in full agreement.

My 53 was the same as after Philly & the Demps signing:

QB (2) Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett

RB (5) Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead, Brandon Bolden, Jeff Demps

WR (6) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Deion Branch, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater

TE (3) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Fells

C (2) Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell
G (4) Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald
T (3) Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Marcus Cannon

DE (4) Chandler Jones, Brandon Deaderick, Jake Bequette, Trevor Scott

DT (4) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Ron Brace

ILB(4) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Donta Hightower, Jeff Tarpinian
OLB(3) Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham, Bobby Carpenter

CB (5) Devin McCourty, Ras-I Dowling, Kyle Arrington, Sterling Moore, Alfonzo Dennard
SS (3) Steve Gregory, Nate Ebner, James Ihedigbo
FS (2) Patrick Chung, Tavon Wilson

ST (3) Stephen Gostkowski, Danny Aiken, Zoltan Mesko

Daedrick over Warren. Hoyer in, Bolden out (hopefully PS, he has potential).

I thought the 2nd team all Big 10 safeties-Wilson and Ebner played well.

Knowing Chung's injury bug, one of them will be on the 1st team safety spot.

Ridley was awesome. I loved the pick when it was announced on TV.

Can we please end the Cannon RT project and move him to Guard so we can see whether he has potential as a Guard?

Solder played a lot better than the previous two games.

Dennard is one good looking run defender.

Also, in 2010, we got beat by Sam Bradford in his first start (in the 3rd preseason game). The offense looked like crap then, so did the D. In 2011, we lost badly to the Lions. We should be reasonably fine when Logan and Seabass returns.

Daedrick over Warren. Hoyer in, Bolden out (hopefully PS, he has potential).

Is there a reason why you'd have to make the choice between Deaderick and Warren? It looks as if you could potentially keep both, giving you 15 front seven players and 10 DB's = 25 on defense.

I think it may be a worthwhile thought to consider keeping Warren as rotation and depth, now that we have lost Fanane. If the possibility arises to improve that with another teams' roster cut, all the better; but in the meantime I would probably explore the thought of keeping them both. I think we need that 15th player in the front seven, and since he's a 'big' it's all the better.

The only change that you'd really need to make is to switch out Hoyer with Bolden, and I agree with that entirely. That would swap their positions out and still leave you with the same number on offense = 25.

I think that Bolden may become a good back at some point, and has shown potential. I think he'd make it to the PS, where we could stash and develop him further in case of absolute emergency + next yr's potential.

Great thoughts all around. I like the roster that you and patsfan13 have created there. The only minor disagreement I may have is whether or not A.Dennard's spot is given to M.Cole instead. I think we may be able to sneak Dennard on the PS, and Cole may offer more experience and ST presence. Just a thought though, it could certainly go either way.

Another spot for Cole could be made by switching Ihedigbo's spot out too, that may be the best case scenario right there.

Is there a reason why you'd have to make the choice between Deaderick and Warren? It looks as if you could potentially keep both, giving you 15 front seven players and 10 DB's = 25 on defense.

I think it may be a worthwhile thought to consider keeping Warren as rotation and depth, now that we have lost Fanane. If the possibility arises to improve that with another teams' roster cut, all the better; but in the meantime I would probably explore the thought of keeping them both. I think we need that 15th player in the front seven, and since he's a 'big' it's all the better.

The only change that you'd really need to make is to switch out Hoyer with Bolden, and I agree with that entirely. That would swap their positions out and still leave you with the same number on offense = 25.

I think that Bolden may become a good back at some point, and has shown potential. I think he'd make it to the PS, where we could stash and develop him further in case of absolute emergency + next yr's potential.

Great thoughts all around. I like the roster that you and patsfan13 have created there. The only minor disagreement I may have is whether or not A.Dennard's spot is given to M.Cole instead. I think we may be able to sneak Dennard on the PS, and Cole may offer more experience and ST presence. Just a thought though, it could certainly go either way.

Another spot for Cole could be made by switching Ihedigbo's spot out too, that may be the best case scenario right there.

To me, Deadrick is useless in a 4-3 reg D. He can't play inside as the DTs and unless we are playing a 4-3 under D where he can play as the LDE, he's useless as a DT in a 43. His traits fit as a pure 5 tech DE. I'd keep Warren over Deadrick. Warren can play the two spots at the DT spot and can also play DE in a 34.

To me, Deadrick is useless in a 4-3 reg D. He can't play inside as the DTs and unless we are playing a 4-3 under D where he can play as the LDE, he's useless as a DT in a 43. His traits fit as a pure 5 tech DE. I'd keep Warren over Deadrick. Warren can play the two spots at the DT spot and can also play DE in a 34.

Ah, so you'd actually keep Warren over Deaderick? I like it. I know that Warren is on the bubble, and has been trending towards the shadow roster, but I think he's more of a consideration now with Fanane's departure.

I may actually keep both myself, but if Deaderick is the odd man out, so be it too. My only concern is that I think we may need one more 'big' in there somewhere, but if you don't see Deaderick as a fit, then maybe it can be explored via the waiver wire.

You mentioned Dennard. Do you see him as staying with a spot, or trying to make it through to the PS?

Are you getting ready for next Saturday? Or are you writing the season off due to the sanctions imposed? Personally, I will still be watching very intently, and I think that a top 25 spot may be in order when all is said and done.

Ah, so you'd actually keep Warren over Deaderick? I like it. I know that Warren is on the bubble, and has been trending towards the shadow roster, but I think he's more of a consideration now with Fanane's departure.

I may actually keep both myself, but if Deaderick is the odd man out, so be it too. My only concern is that I think we may need one more 'big' in there somewhere, but if you don't see Deaderick as a fit, then maybe it can be explored via the waiver wire.

You mentioned Dennard. Do you see him as staying with a spot, or trying to make it through to the PS?

Are you getting ready for next Saturday? Or are you writing the season off due to the sanctions imposed? Personally, I will still be watching very intently, and I think that a top 25 spot may be in order when all is said and done.

I see them keeping Dennard on the 53 roster on Sept 1st. After that, he might be on the IR. They won't send him to the PS prior to that date (since waiver wire rules apply). He'll be on the team on Sept 1st and then either on the team if healthy or on IR.

I see them keeping Dennard on the 53 roster on Sept 1st. After that, he might be on the IR. They won't send him to the PS prior to that date (since waiver wire rules apply). He'll be on the team on Sept 1st and then either on the team if healthy or on IR.

No comment on the Bucks situation, or are you keeping those feelings close to the vest?

You gotta be curious to see that unfold.

No comment on the Bucks situation, or are you keeping those feelings close to the vest?

You gotta be curious to see that unfold.

Storm Klein situation?

Storm Klein situation?

LOL ;)

Just curious as to whether or not you'll be following the OSU situation as intently as in yr's past due to the sanctions and it being a 'wasted year' etc.

10 chars

Last edited:
LOL ;)

Just curious as to whether or not you'll be following the OSU situation as intently as in yr's past due to the sanctions and it being a 'wasted year' etc.

10 chars

I am lol. More excited to see what this team has to offer under a real coaching staff unlike last year.
Nate Ebner is a perfect example. 3 snaps all year on D and he might be our starting Strong Safety. And he has talent.
Bunch of wild monkeys ran that clown outfit last season. They waited till the Michigan game to finally pass the ball more than 8 times in a game. Waited till the Mich game to finally put Ryan Shazier, a future 1st round WLB/WILB, on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back