PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kleinsasser Could be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1037124.html

• The Vikings apparently are continuing their efforts to restructure tight end Jim Kleinsasser's contract, which calls for him to make $2.9 million in 2007. It's possible Kleinsasser could be released if the talks are unsuccessful. "[The situation] hasn't changed," Childress said.

Too bad Pats gave all that $$$ to Brady, would much prefer to have Kleinsasser. I know he is more of an H-back than TE, and I doubt he is as good a blocker as Brady, but he certainly would bring a nice dimension to the offense (the one G.Mills is supposed to bring if he is ever healthy.)

I think you answered your own question. We don't need what Kleinsasser offers, we do need what K. Brady offers.

Well, I think it all hinges on how good a blocker Kleinsasser is. I believe he's not bad, and he's certainly a >>>>>> at receiving than Brady.

I guess I just personally think his receiving abilities outweigh the gap between he and Brady's blocking.

2.9 million is not that high now adays, as free agency has deomstrated. It would seem there has to be something else wrong with him.

I guess I just personally think his receiving abilities outweigh the gap between he and Brady's blocking.
You're forgetting about Thomas who is our #2 TE now. He's a strong receiver and an effective blocker. K. Brady will be more of a situational guy.

Or maybe you think K. Brady will be the #2 TE; but I don't think so.

You're forgetting about Thomas who is our #2 TE now. He's a strong receiver and an effective blocker. K. Brady will be more of a situational guy.

Or maybe you think K. Brady will be the #2 TE; but I don't think so.

Good point. Thomas is the reason the team could afford to let Graham go without an offer. Thomas can block AND catch AND run after the catch. Some of the blocking Thomas did in the last few games of the season was devastating, sealing off and opening holes. This guy was a coup in last year's draft!

Thomas enables the team to use Watson as he was used over the last two years. K. Brady fills Graham's blocking role and can catch as well. His playing and durability will make people forget Graham. TE remains a strong position for the team at a cap friendly rate.

I don't want any player who has 'ASS' in the middle of their name :D

He is from Carrington, North Dakota... that should tell you something right there.

Well, I think it all hinges on how good a blocker Kleinsasser is. I believe he's not bad, and he's certainly a >>>>>> at receiving than Brady.

What are you talking about? Brady is an excellent receiver, much better than Kleinsasser. Just because the Jags used him for blocking last year doesn't mean he can't catch. He is the second leading receiver in Jaguars history behind Jimmy Smith.

Kleinsasser has averaged less than 20 catches a year, at 8.6 ypc. Brady has averaged almost 30, at 10.3 ypc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back