PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kiwanuka, Fasano, Cogong, Blackmon - Rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWesleyan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
That would be an A+ in my book.

1 Kiwanuka -
Production and great worker, was injured last year. 2nd choice is Lawson- he's definitely intriquing but he's riskier in my book. I like the idea of leaving Vrabel on the inside. He's such a smart dude and has the size- I think he will keep getting better there. (3rd choice is Trade Down, 4th is Mangold... I suppose.)

2 Fasano -
Rounded TE. If we got him here, I would trust Belioli would know what they are getting. I love the idea of letting Graham loose for some catches and having another strong blocking TE option. 2 TE sets all day.

3a Cogong -
Bruschi II ?

3b - OL
Will Montgomery?

4a Parham -
We should go nuts reloading our LBs this year. I know it's not good to cut quality players, but I wouldn't mind if Beisel couldn't find a spot on the team... not one bit. Parham's not 3 down guy but who cares? Good value for us here. Our front 3 will be good for a long time, let's make sure our LBs are too.

4b Blackmon -
Troy Brown versatility -DB, PR, WR? Team guy

5 Hass
Great hands. Sleeper WR (I hope) (I also like Avant very much)

6-7 ? Kicker + use what's tradeable to get what we want this year or to get an upgraded position in 2007.

How would you grade that draft?

Last edited:
I like the last 3 and, to an extent, Gocong but I hate the first two with a passion. I like Kiwi but not in the first round. And I don't think we'll be drafting Fasano if it's true that he and Weis didn't get along.

Where did pick 3b go ?

GoWesleyan said:
I didn't know that about Fasano... what was the riff about? Do you know?
I don't and I don't remember where I heard it. You know how we all are this time of year, we hear and read so much it's difficult to remember. But I did read/hear it and I recall it making an impact on my thinking so I assume I thought it was from a reasonable source.

GoWesleyan said:
I saw this article and Weis sounded very laudatory:
I hope I'm not spreadying B.S. and I probably shouldn't have said anything without being able to remember where I heard it. Although Weis would obviously take the high road when talking about his players . . . in public anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes