PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kirwin TC Article on NFL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptmorgan04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9579816
pretty much stuff we know, but as I am sitting here at work I find it a good read anyway. I like his commmentary from a national perspective and his work with sirius radio. although dont agree with him that it would be a stretch to go 12-4.... time will tell as he says.
I found it interesting how in his article he "thanks" kraft and others for taking the time to speak with him.... that is what I call respect and I cant recall a time when I have seen a "thank you" put in print like that.

I think Kirwin is a straight up guy and I respect his opinions, for the most part, especially when you consider that he is a Jets fan.

Nice article. Interesting how he emphasised the importance of TBC and nothing on Biesel!! Am i to take this that he thinks Vrabel will stay on the inside and TBC a straight swap for Willie? Surely this isnt so.
Also saying 9-7 and a wildcard being a realistic goal if we dont fix the turnover issue... I can just predict the "no respect" responce that this statement might bring.

I have a lot of respect for Kirwan, and it's a good article. But the linebacker section is messed up...he appears to be pencilling in TBC as a worry-provoking starter, forgetting that Colvin even exists.

He is way off on our final record in my opinion, but that will just be more fuel in the fire this year for our team.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we could go 9-7 just on the running game alone, if our O-line gets healthy.

If Kirwin was a Patriots beat writer, I would expect more from him than this, but during the season he is usually much more accurate about the Pats than most national media. He is even insightful at times.

Last edited:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
He is way off on our final record in my opinion, but that will just be more fuel in the fire this year for our team.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we could go 9-7 just on the running game alone, if our O-line gets healthy.

If Kirwin was a Patriots beat writer, I would expect more from him than this, but during the season he is usually much more accurate about the Pats than most national media. He is even insightful at times.

Well the 9-7 was based on if we keep turning the ball over more times then when we get it back. I think that will be fixed just on the fact that they will not be able to keep looking for the pass but absolutly must respect the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back