PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kirwan says Bengals want #3 seed more than the Patriots do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it still behoove the Pats to try to win as many games as possible so that they can host more home games? If by some chance, the Bengals survived and the Pats survived to the AFC championship game, if the Pats had the #3 seed, they'd be hosting in Foxboro instead of going to Cinci.
I want a Colts vs Patriots AFC Championship Game in Indy personally :D

What's a fourth and two?

Why, oh why, are Chargers fans already here? There's no way to know who we'll play in the second round of the playoffs, assuming we make it that far. Say we're the 4 seed and someone beats the Bengals, we get to play the chargers anyway.

The Pats reported no downgrades Saturday night, implying all players traveled with the team. Maybe they are playing for the #3 seed.

QB12

This only works out if Cincy does win it's first game.

If we lay down, and then Cinci loses in the first week of the playoffs, which very possibly could happen, then New England goes to San Diego anyways.

I much rather have the pats build off this momentum that is starting to roll, and win this game strong, and then win against the first round, and roll into San Diego or Indy with a full head of steam against a cold team coming off a rest.

No trolling here, just facts. We have a better football team than you as evidenced by our records and the teams we have beaten. I watched the Saints game this year and it was just pitiful. Do you guys really believe you have the better football team? What areas do you believe you are stronger in? Your defence is nothing compared to the defence that beat Indy in 2004.

Well, for starters we have a better running game, better receivers, and a better quarterback when actually given time to throw. Considering all of our starting O-Line (except for one, Kaczur, who is by no means a "massive loss") has returned from injury, Brady should be given time to do just that. You guys have absolutely no running game whatsoever, aside from L.T. one yard TD runs. Is our defense what it used to be? No. But I have confidence in BB being able to roll out a defense designed to slow down Rivers. Will you guys be able to score on us? Sure. But we'll be able to roll up a good amount of points on you as well. Both teams match up extremely well against one another.

Oh, and one more thing which pretty much ensures that San Diego probably won't be a Super Bowl contender: Norv Turner. :rofl:

I want a Colts vs Patriots AFC Championship Game in Indy personally :D

What's a fourth and two?

I don't. I want them in the divisional round... nice and rusty. And I also want Stephen Neal to be healthy so Mathis is as much of a non-factor as he was in the first half of the first meeting. That man single handedly ended a lot of our drives in that game.

Why, oh why, are Chargers fans already here? There's no way to know who we'll play in the second round of the playoffs, assuming we make it that far. Say we're the 4 seed and someone beats the Bengals, we get to play the chargers anyway.

Excellent point. Having the 4th seed increases the odds of a rematch with Indy, but it's still not a gimme (see: 2005).

Well, for starters we have a better running game, better receivers, and a better quarterback when actually given time to throw. Considering all of our starting O-Line (except for one, Kaczur, who is by no means a "massive loss") has returned from injury, Brady should be given time to do just that. You guys have absolutely no running game whatsoever, aside from L.T. one yard TD runs. Is our defense what it used to be? No. But I have confidence in BB being able to roll out a defense designed to slow down Rivers. Will you guys be able to score on us? Sure. But we'll be able to roll up a good amount of points on you as well. Both teams match up extremely well against one another.
Good points. Along with the Patriots' OL getting relatively healthy, the Chargers have not been able to generate much of a pass rush. Certainly not to the '07 Playoff levels. Key to beating the Patriots, imo, and any team really, is pressure on the QB. If either team doesn't generate pressure they will be in trouble.

Oh, and one more thing which pretty much ensures that San Diego probably won't be a Super Bowl contender: Norv Turner. :rofl:
At least, in the POs anyway, he's better than Marty S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes