PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kiper; Worst WR group in many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Heard Mel Kiper today on ESPN radio say that this is the worst WR group that he has seen in many years. Just thought I'd pass it alone.

My "sleeper' pick at WR would be Michael Robertson who played QB at Penn State. Good size, decent speed & smart. Won't be a Randell-El but could be a Givens type player. Hope we look at him in the 4th or 5th round.

Nice timing for us with almost all our WR being UFA, other than Deion :(

It is a very poor group for sure although there is some serious size and I think there could be some interesting options for use in the 3rd round or so.

There are alot of serviceable receivers that are good players in the group. It's just week at the top. Actually, there are many good ones who just happen to run 4.5's. Belichick will find the 4.5 guy that plays like a bull.

We really could use a WR who is not a TE that is a bull in the middle. I expect to see one this year on our team.

PATSNUTme said:
Heard Mel Kiper today on ESPN radio say that this is the worst WR group that he has seen in many years. Just thought I'd pass it alone.

My "sleeper' pick at WR would be Michael Robertson who played QB at Penn State. Good size, decent speed & smart. Won't be a Randell-El but could be a Givens type player. Hope we look at him in the 4th or 5th round.
I suddenly feel much better about the WR class. :D

F.B.N. said:
There are alot of serviceable receivers that are good players in the group. It's just week at the top. Actually, there are many good ones who just happen to run 4.5's. Belichick will find the 4.5 guy that plays like a bull.

We really could use a WR who is not a TE that is a bull in the middle. I expect to see one this year on our team.

True enough. We could also do with re-signing Andre Davis or teaching Bethel that the whole point of being a deep threat is that the covering corners and safeties believe you are a threat to catch the ball!

How about this quote from the Globe about the WR this year :

"An NFC receivers coach said there isn't a player at that position in the draft that interests him."

Michael Robertson is no longer a "sleeper. He's moving up from 4th-5th to 2nd - 3rd in some rankings including PFW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back