PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kiper Projects Santonio Holmes to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just saw it on Sportscenter. Guess we can cross him off the list. He also projected DeAngelo Williams to go to Denver at 22. I can't see the Pats passing up on Williams if he's available.

I think Holmes is a legit possibility depending on how they view his personality which is the major question mark I've heard from Ohio State fans.

:woohoo: Born to be wronggggggggg :singing:

Has Kiper EVER gotten a BB pick correct? Not that I remember.

You guys may laugh, I love Kiper. Just hearing his voice puts me in my "draft happy place". Does he ever get our pick right ? Maybe not but we're picking so late in the first round most of the time, not many people do.

Kiper's wrong. Sure, the Pats are looking for a solution at WR, and #21 is about the right place for him to go... but he doesn't fit the franchise profile.

To start, I'd be shocked if BB drafted Holmes ahead of Carpenter.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
You guys may laugh, I love Kiper. Just hearing his voice puts me in my "draft happy place". Does he ever get our pick right ? Maybe not but we're picking so late in the first round most of the time, not many people do.

I'm with you. People just hate Kiper because they're jealous that he became rich doing what the rest of us would kill to do. Say what you want about him, but he's a big reason the draft is the spectacle it is today. They used to have the draft on Tuesday mornings with just Kiper and Berman standing in front of a board. And as far as him not getting the Patriots pick right, do you guys realize how hard it is to predict who a team will take after the first six or seven picks? Seriously, do you think anyone in the world has a clue who Carolina will take at 27 or Jacksonville will take at 28? The draft takes twists and turns every year. There's no way to predict who a team at the bottom of the draft will take unless you just get lucky. Kiper never claims to know who the teams are going to take. His mock draft is based on team needs and his rankings. I love all the people on the Internet who say they hate him. Like everytime he's on TV they don't turn up the volume to hear what he's saying.

patriotsrule said:
I'm with you. People just hate Kiper because they're jealous that he became rich doing what the rest of us would kill to do. Say what you want about him, but he's a big reason the draft is the spectacle it is today. They used to have the draft on Tuesday mornings with just Kiper and Berman standing in front of a board. And as far as him not getting the Patriots pick right, do you guys realize how hard it is to predict who a team will take after the first six or seven picks? Seriously, do you think anyone in the world has a clue who Carolina will take at 27 or Jacksonville will take at 28? The draft takes twists and turns every year. There's no way to predict who a team at the bottom of the draft will take unless you just get lucky. Kiper never claims to know who the teams are going to take. His mock draft is based on team needs and his rankings. I love all the people on the Internet who say they hate him. Like everytime he's on TV they don't turn up the volume to hear what he's saying.

I get your point, but nobody here has indicated any 'hate' for Kiper. I recognize his historical role in the marketing of the NFL Draft, but Kiper ain't no Buchsbaum. He's a carny. He made a job for himself and he is the best darn Mel Kiper out there. But when I go looking for scouting info, mock drafts, player projections, draft analyses and grooming tips, I don't even consider Kiper.

He's a media pundit/NFL Draft rodeo clown...and good for him!

Mel Kiper ===>> :blahblah:

btw--KFFL reports that Miami had Holmes in for a full workout and receiving drills...

FSUPatsFan said:
Just saw it on Sportscenter. Guess we can cross him off the list. He also projected DeAngelo Williams to go to Denver at 22. I can't see the Pats passing up on Williams if he's available.

OK, gotta stick my nose in, here. First, like others have said, that is great news! It means that we definitely will not be picking him or any other wr early! Thanks Kiper! Second, dont look for a wr or rb to go to us early this year, not gonna happen. NO VALUE THERE. First two picks going to defense, especially LB, but dont rule out S and CB, either. LOTS OF VALUE THERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes