Welcome to PatsFans.com

King on WEEI Dale and Holley

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MoLewisrocks, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Just said what most of the talking heads have refused to acknowledge over the last few weeks. The Colts are still a great offense, but they just aren't hitting on all cylinders this season. Cited all the drops and misques early on in games this season where they didn't face offenses that could take advantage of that sputtering.

Does think their D is improved and particularly in the secondary because the two young corners are much better against the run in particular than their predecessors. But I believe they also played in the 2006 AFCC. Peter doesn't think it will be a blowout, but he thinks the Pats just cannot be stopped because their improved offense is rolling.

Then he was on to Andy Reid, and he questions the calls for Andy to step down because of the age of those kids. I guess he's not aware there are a few (I believe 3) more still at home...

He also touched on some backlash/criticism Dungy faces because giving advice about living the right life when you parented a child who took his own does tend to open the door for that sort of questioning.

2. patsgo

patsgo Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

exuse me for being blunt, but who cares what that fat pig says

3. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 14 / -10

Blunt, but accurate.

4. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +114 / 9 / -3

This is like so much of our society these days. Everyone paying so much attention to his neighbor's moral fiber rather than their own. You have the TV evangelist's rakin' in the dough, and it turns out a good number of them have been involved in some kinky stuff the last couple of years. You have wide stance congressmen bashing others' morals. I remember as far back as when Bill McCartney, the original coach of thug U. at Colorado (he used to recruit gangmembers in LA), who started the PromiseKeepers organization, after he found out his daughter was sleeping with a couple black members of the football team.

5. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Peter King can be pretty stupid, but he's nothing compared to the ex-players like Eddie George and Eric Dickerson.

6. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

I applaud King for questioning the growing chorus of "Reid should quit in order to help his kids." It's too easy to make life decisions for people you don't know, and about whose life you know almost nothing. Why does it matter he has other kids? What reliable information do we the public have that says they are in danger also? None, and we don't know what the home is really like. The public has no right to effectively force him to step down, but it will probably happen anyway.

7. Pats_AZ

Pats_AZ On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

were you listening to Hurd? just heard it myself as well. oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.