Welcome to PatsFans.com

"King" Carl Peterson to take over in Miami?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Deus Irae, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +919 / 47 / -54

Disable Jersey

Carl Peterson met with Gruden about Dolphins job | ProFootballTalk

This offseason has been awesome, and it's not even really the offseason for the Patriots yet.
  2. AQPE

AQPE Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I don't see Gruden coming out of the booth to work for Peterson, at least based on "King Carl"'s reputation as well as what I think is the appeal of a pretty easy and lucrative TV gig for Gruden. After a couple of years of not sleeping in his office anymore, I can't see going to a team with the typical post-Parcells "structural defects" and no QB, and working with a notorious micro-manager as team President. I have similar doubts about Cowher and Fisher (cushy TV gig plus two kids in college with no Mom for Cowher, coming off a bad experience with front office politics for Fisher).

I'm wondering if/semi-hoping that Peterson will wind up with Schottenheimer 2.0. I can't decide if I'd rather have him stay as the OC of the NYJ or become the head guy in Miami. I like either scenario from the Pats perspective.
  3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +770 / 14 / -13

Petersen in Miami?...Schotty to head coach?? Please....OMG...the back page of the NY Post would become the most read page in the history of mankind
  4. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Ross is such a putz owner. No wonder Tuna pulled his patented bailout.

Fisher has his pick of the litter this season, he's just using Miami to fan the flames. Gruden isn't coming back any time soon. Cowher is said to be holding out for the Giants gig when it finally opens up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.