PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kindle,Dunlap,Joseph or Misi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeebus, Kindle wasn't on my list before the medical info turned up. Now? I wouldn't take him before the 7th. There have been vast advances in medicine, but it's entirely possible he never plays a down in the NFL...that's potential career-ending surgery.

Griffen isn't on my list either. We're talking a guy who disappears for long stretches and got a healthy percentage of his sacks when he was single blocked by a TE or RB. Not really the sign of a great pass-rusher.

Carlos Dunlap really intrigues me....

I understand he has maturity issues, questionable work ethic/instincts. But his physical measurables are very enticing, and fit the Patriot profile. Plus it's important to note that the maturity issue may be related to the fact that he is only 21 years old. Still fairly young.

Pretty disruptive player in the SEC. 9 sacks 2 years in a row.

I fully acknowledge the character concerns that are dropping him, but if Urban Meyer gives his blessing, I'd be ecstatic to see him on this team.

BB is going to want versatility like he had with TBC and Burgess. Someone who can play DE and OLB. To me that takes Dunlap out of the mix.

That leaves Kindle, Misi, Griffen, and probably someone else who the pats are high on that isn't on my board. Honestly I don't think the Pats can do wrong in the 2nd round.

BB is going to want versatility like he had with TBC and Burgess. Someone who can play DE and OLB. To me that takes Dunlap out of the mix.

That leaves Kindle, Misi, Griffen, and probably someone else who the pats are high on that isn't on my board. Honestly I don't think the Pats can do wrong in the 2nd round.

Speaking of Burgess, any news on him?

I want Dunlap AND Misi. Is that greedy?

But...

Last night I dreamed that that the Pats waited and waited for an OLB then took Everson Griffin. I woke up a little queasy.

Ewww, I just got queasy reading that!
Dunlap AND Misi...now that would put a smile on my face!

Carlos Dunlap really intrigues me....

I understand he has maturity issues, questionable work ethic/instincts. But his physical measurables are very enticing, and fit the Patriot profile. Plus it's important to note that the maturity issue may be related to the fact that he is only 21 years old. Still fairly young.

Pretty disruptive player in the SEC. 9 sacks 2 years in a row.

I fully acknowledge the character concerns that are dropping him, but if Urban Meyer gives his blessing, I'd be ecstatic to see him on this team.

If BB were a mad scientist and were building a man to play outside linebacker, Dunlap would be it. Now does he have the head that we want? That's another question that I don't know the answer to.

I want Dunlap AND Misi. Is that greedy?

But...

Last night I dreamed that that the Pats waited and waited for an OLB then took Everson Griffin. I woke up a little queasy.

You dream about draft prospects? That's a little weird. LOL. What did your dreams tell you about Devin McCourty? :p

I want Dunlap in a bad way. I like Misi,Wootan and Sapp as well. I want them all. Make it so BB

You dream about draft prospects? That's a little weird. LOL. What did your dreams tell you about Devin McCourty? :p
I think she even has her daughter dreaming about football. :)

Is it true Misi did 2 reps at 225 at the Combine? If thats true he has to absolutely be off the NE Patriots board. That is a total lack of functional strength to play in the NFL. I also saw he ran a 4.81 forty. Seems slow for a 3-4 OLB. I thought he was a workout wonder? Can somebody help me out here?

Everything I read about him said he was a guy the Pats would like and that he played in a hybrid DE/OLB role in college.

Haha, no he didn't do 2 bench press reps at the combine. He didn't do it because of a wrist injury. At his pro day, he did 27 reps. So he's actually quite strong, and may be the best at setting the edge of all DE/OLB's left on the board.

Also is smart, instinctive. Ran a 4.75, quick, fluid in space. Definitely a Patriots type of outside linebacker.

Speaking of Burgess, any news on him?

He's enjoying his time off and looking forward to seeing who the Raiders draft with the 3rd and 5th picks he was traded for

Last edited:
Like with McCourty, I want Misi, but I'm not expecting NE to draft him. If they do, it's a win and I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'm going to make a prediction that all 4 of those players aren't even on the Pats board.
Called it. Pats had their chances at all of them at some point and passed on all 4.

Called it. Pats had their chances at all of them at some point and passed on all 4.

Doesn't prove anything. They had the chance at all of them as soon as the draft started. Because they didn't draft them doesn't mean they weren't on their draft board.

They could have drafted Suh, Berry, or McClain, but they didn't. I guess they didn't want them either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back