PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kind of a weird feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaedalusX

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I still want the *Patriots* to go all the way and win it and I still want to beat the Colts every time we face them.

I've had a weird feeling since yesterday when I found out about Brady going on IR. Now, I want to preface this by saying I've "hated" Peyton for a while because I always thought he got the credit as the best that Brady should have been getting, until last year. The Colts are the one team that I've always wanted the Pats to decimate, year in and year out. I think they're our true rivals, even if they're not in our division, and I still think they're the only team that legitimately can go toe-to-toe with us when both teams are playing fast and loose (no 16-0 pressure). So now that you know where I stand on that as a *Patriots* fan...

As a fan of the *game* and of elite talent, I started thinking... man, this isn't right at the NFL historical level. It's not RIGHT at all for the game to lose a future HoF legend, even just for a season. It's not right that people are CHEERING that. If it was Peyton, it would be just as wrong. I think I'd be just as mad.

And it occurred to me just how much Brady and Peyton respect each other, and how much, deep down, the Colts and Patriots respect each other. That fear each year, deep down? That's respect.

I don't just want to see the Patriots smoke the rest of the league now, to show them that this team is still more lethal than a lot of the smack-talkers out there. As brothers in arms, as very similar teams, the only other "elite" team (IMO), with the only other Top 5 QB, and #2 currently in the league... I want to see the Colts smoke the rest of the league, too. Any other year I'd never say that, but this year, with Tom out, I want the Pats AND the Colts to go scorched earth on the rest of the league. I want the Pats to win in the end, go all the way... but along that road? Let's make sure the rest of the pack knows they're still not top dogs. Not even close.

And if there is a God, he will permit either the Patriots or Colts to knock KC out of the playoffs in a blowout this year. Amen.

...um...I can appreciate where you're coming from...

but I'd still like to see the Pats smoke the league and see the Colts go 0-16.

The fact that the Patriots (IMO) won't win the SB this year doesn't bother me . . . sh!t happens. What bothers me is that whoever wins it, I will be convinced we would have been better if . . .

The ending to the last 3 years sucked but at least we were healthy enough to generally feel like we were given our shot (crazy ref calls in two of them aside). But this year I won't feel like that.

I have an oddly new found respect for Peyton after seeing Brady go down. Maybe because I realize that despite how much I hate the dumb hick, he is a HOF player and we are fortunate to see these battles every year.

The NFL is the biggest loser this year and I think it would be the same if Peyton went down. Also despite the aforementioned hate, I wouldn't wish what I saw happen to Brady on anyone, even our biggest rivals.

I'd love to see AD come in on a blitz and knock Peyton on his ass a couple times, but I would never want to see him go down with a potentially career ending injury. These "fans" who are making jokes and gloating about Brady's injury are not fans, they are complete scumbags with no class whatsoever.

I have an oddly new found respect for Peyton after seeing Brady go down. Maybe because I realize that despite how much I hate the dumb hick, he is a HOF player and we are fortunate to see these battles every year.

The NFL is the biggest loser this year and I think it would be the same if Peyton went down. Also despite the aforementioned hate, I wouldn't wish what I saw happen to Brady on anyone, even our biggest rivals.

I'd love to see AD come in on a blitz and knock Peyton on his ass a couple times, but I would never want to see him go down with a potentially career ending injury. These "fans" who are making jokes and gloating about Brady's injury are not fans, they are complete scumbags with no class whatsoever.

I actually feel the same way. I don't like him on the field, but off the field he seems like a genuine likable guy. Contrast that to his brother...

I agree that the NFL is a big loser, and so are the fans of teams who face the Pats, though I doubt they'd admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes