Welcome to PatsFans.com

Killing Rampage Fuels Muslim Prejudice

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Nov 6, 2009.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +465 / 12 / -14

An Army officer trying to contact AlQueda, lecturing people on the Koran while giving a lecture in an official capacity on a different topic, yeah right.

BTW by your standards calling me a lemming is a personal attack. ;)

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +825 / 27 / -33

I apologize for calling you a lemming, did not mean to offend you.. will be warm and fuzzy to you from now on.. if this is the standard I support it unequivocably... civility is a virtue that goes a long way in really great discussion..

In reality how can you believe any of what is being leaked, it is not attributed to any one person, just anonymous sources??... the government is controlling the flow of information.. are you naive enough to fall for this once again... need I remind you of the luxurious accomodations of OBL in Tora Bora, muslim extremists in Iraq, WMD's... what will it take for you to realize that you know what they want you to know...

This morning there are charges and countercharges, between the FBI and Army over lack of communication, wasn't that why we started the Dept of Homeland Security... to make sure there was communication..

BTW Al Queda is just a figment of the previous administration.. it does not exist...

He may or may not be fueled by his religious beliefs, but in reality you do not know, except what they want you to know...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 16 / -9

PFIEL, don't try to cut that one on partisan lines. I've been a pointed, consistent, and vocal critic of Mav's antisemitic comments from day one -- just as I cannot stomach Harry's rot posted here, to the effect that other groups' traditional gear gives him nosebleeds. Nobody said that about Christians and Jews here, he just decided to rant way off the deep end using a straw man argument that nobody made - then to "respond in kind" with bigotry against muslims.

We don't need antisemitism, we don't need islamophobia, we don't need hate for any denomination or racial group. We just don't, any of us. It's serving no purpose. Why do we feel compelled to do it, then cry "censorship!" to protect the "right" to hate?

I'm trying to be general and non-partisan with that question. I mean it seriously, why do we need to do this stuff? What's wrong with us?

PFnV

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I think the military should allow for conscientious objection on the bases of religion, why not they've done it before. You don't get discharged you serve in another capacity, you just don't get deployed to Iraq or Afg.

6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 16 / -9

A "threat"?

In World War II there was a concerted effort to have Americans of German and Italian descent fight in the pacific, not in Europe. I am not sure exactly how far-reaching it was, but I do know it was a policy goal.

It is not a "threat" to urge that Muslims be considered for CO status in a way that has been characterized as anti-Islamic -- both by the American right, and by the extremists within Islam.

This guy shows no sign of being motivated by religion, however. He shows signs of being motivated by personal frustration, and using religion as a channel for that.

He goes to mosque in cammies. He goes to seven eleven in traditional islamic garb. Then he goes to the local strip club. Is this a man who, as Al Qaeda famously suggests, is trying to "blend in"?

You guys are right, we need to hear more, etc. etc. etc. But as horrific as this mass-murder is, it's not an indictment of Islam. It's one guy who shot a bunch of our men, who is Muslim. He was harrassed on that count. He was also, for want of a better word, just a loser in many ways. What does this have to do with any other Muslim American? Nothing. Because they did not do it, nor is there any reason to believe they will do it. But the coverage is pointing toward the opposite conclusion.

The only thing more distasteful than the efforts to make Islam the "perpetrator" rather than the man who did it, will be the spin -- I'm just waiting for it, but don't know how they'll manage to do it -- that this is Israel's fault LOL.

PFnV

7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Very disturbing that this is how the extreme right is seeing this situation, that not profiling this guy for his religion or ethnicity is the reason it happened.
    It won't be too long before they start thinking it's okay to profile others of different religions or races, based on who they consider to be 'real Americans'.

What is probably just as disturbing is the guy posting this thought is now a mod... (WTF??)

8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Actually we were attacked because we've been in the Middle East for decades. It has nothing to do with crazies like you trying to make it about religion, painting Muslims as bloodthirsty indoctrinated savages. If someone occupied American soil, you bet your ass we would retaliate. So many of you love to cite Ron Paul, yet you keep ignoring what Paul himself says about 'blowback' and the real reason for why we were attacked.

9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

hmmm, soldiers in general were profled by this administration as ones to look at as possible domestic terrorist candidates.

Look it, if the reports are true, then it's very possible that a harder look at the major was avoided so people like you couldn't accuse the Government or Army of profiling. Imagine the shytstorm if he was legitamately disharged. There would be an automatic charge of racism and profiling by the far left.

Red and yellow flags were alledgedly lying all over the place and there were dots that should have been connected or at the very least looked at to see if they could be connected. How is that profiling?

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

How would anyone even have known? The army discharges hundred, probably thousands, of soldiers for various reasons all the time - unless you're applying for a job where the question is asked I'm pretty sure they don't run around telling everyone how they've been legitimately discharged. In this case, especially, since he'd already requested to be released from his remainder of his enlistment. If the request had been honored he'd have left the service and lived as a civilian - I hardly think he would have had an "automatic case for racism or profiling" considered the discharge was granted at his own request. I hardly think anyone else would have, either.

Something else is "funny" here - and not funny ha-ha, either.

Supposedly he requested that he not be sent to either Iraq or Afganhistan for personal and religious reasons and that request was denied - but other people have requested the same thing for far more frivolous reasons (Obama's not the real president because he has no birth certificate and therefore I don't have to respect or follow orders) and it's been granted.

Why, if the government is so worried about opening the door for more requests,making exceptions or bad publicity, would you rescind one set of deployment orders and not the other?

Stefan Frederick Cook: Soldier Won't Deploy Over Obama Birth Certificate

11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 16 / -9

Two points worth considering:

1) (File under "Conspiracy," for now): For those who feel the coverage doesn't all add up... and some of the story is actually pretty peculiar, for example the "red and yellow flags" mentioned above:

1a. If I am setting up a sting and I have a slightly unhinged low level neighborhood dealer on the line, do I storm in and make the bust, or do I observe him and wait to follow a trail to a bigger fish, or wait until he is a bigger fish? What if that's what the FBI wanted to do? It would certainly explain ignoring what warning signs they saw regarding his unbalanced behavior, and even recommending that his promotion go through.

1b. Given the intent, and given the resulting actions, IF this is the case, is it a tactic that should be reconsidered?

2) (File under parallelism): I've logged my opinion that he shows far more signs of being a nut than being the spearhead of an Islamist fifth column in America :rolleyes:... but you'll note none of us are in support of such a fifth column forming. I simply believe he is more motivated by personal "grievances" than by Islam or outside ties.

Recently, however, our local rightists celebrated the "Oathkeepers" who essentially say they will kill who they want in the interests of whatever they believe that day -- not on the orders that come down the military chain of command, ultimately from the C in C -- when they so desire.

Essentially, to the extent ideology plays a part, this is simply what the Oathkeepers claim the right to do.

PFnV

12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You write as if you think no person of Islamic faith was ever discharged from the US military, that the country is so over-run with political correct-ness that this could all have been prevented if we started profiling people for their religion. If there really were obvious dots all over the place, as you mention, then he should have been looked at for the evidence against him, not simply because of his religion. He WAS looked at, but it's hard to say a few years back that this guy would have definitely snapped and gone on a killing rampage.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

The women who used to be the liberals "most hated" before Sarah came along wrote this, I DIDN"T.

Today:
    Before shooting up a medical facility on that Army base, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan reportedly shouted “Allahu Akbar.”

While Hasan gave a shout-out to Allah before shooting, President Obama gave a shout-out to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow” before getting around to mentioning the massacre on the day it happened.

President Obama's response to abortionist George Tiller was “I am shocked and outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller.”

President Obama’s response to the slaughter of 13 Americans by a Muslim at a U.S. military installation was to instruct Americans not to “jump to any conclusions.”

There was a risk that right-wingers’s would start playing the old “Blame The Perpetrator” game.
    Welcome to AnnCoulter.com

14. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0

I think your completely right here. It's not that they were afraid of the PC backlash. I think they waited too long in hopes of finding some links to a greater mass of individuals either here or abroad.

15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I didn't say this either...if someone told the neo-cons that obama can walk on water they would say thats cause he can't swim....

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

Probably............................

17. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Mav4 is thinking along the lines of one of our outstanding thinkers and statesman. No, I'm not talking about Mike Tyson.

Libtalker Montel Williams Warns Of Extreme Reaction To Fort Hood Shootings Concentration camps for them? Come on, that's so FDR.

He must have been a Republican like a liberal recently assured me that Lincoln was a Democrat. We have such education going on nowadays! It must be that the stimulus, that beloved stimulus, has provided $80 billion to the federal Dept. of Education for them to spend at their leisure, only keeping the receipts.

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 5 / -10

The real reason behind this dear mans mental breakdown was the fact that he never as a young boy Had A Bike.

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +825 / 27 / -33

The latest is Pete Hoekstra, is citing unnamed sources not known to the intelligency community, that he was wiring money to Pakistan...

How the f... cannot our intelligence community not know this??? Please never tell me that the beltway is not controlling the news and what they want us to know... "sources outside the intelligence community"... how much is the Homeland Security Budget?????

Fort Hood shootings suspect may have wired money to Pakistan | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News