Welcome to PatsFans.com

Killing Rampage Fuels Muslim Prejudice

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

Allahu Akbar:

The one God on the Planet that you will never hear an American Liberal trash, The Islamic God.
    News Today:
    FORT HOOD, Texas – Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead reported that the gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar!" — an Arabic phrase for "God is great!" — before opening fire, the base commander said Friday.
    Ft. Hood suspect reportedly shouted `Allahu Akbar' - Yahoo! News

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

What Julian Edelman thread?

3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

If you think what I'm saying is bad what do you think those Family Members are saying about this dirty filthy religious fanatic dog.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Why don't you have the human decency to let the families mourn, before you start spreading the hate and blame there will be plenty of time for that..

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I'm beginning to think that Harry has nothing else which interests him nearly as much as hate and blame. He's the only adult I know who routinely uses schoolyard bully chant as his daily mantra.

I've never understood name calling, though...all that "scum sucking" and "tooth sucking" and "jugeared" stuff is just so, I don't know, dare I say it, juvenile? It's the kind of think you box your kids ears for saying and they eventually get the message and grow out of it.

It's certainly no way to get people to take you seriously, that's for sure. If fact, it works quite to the contrary. If it were funny, it would be good for a laugh at least, but it's not even that.

Mostly it's just sad - and a tab bit embarassing to even read.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

Yup.....but true..............:snob:

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

I used to find it funny sometimes, but lately anyone who politicizes the dead for their warped agenda time and time again, for the grace of god my grandson or anyone I care about was not at Ft. Hood yesterday and in the crosshairs... makes me want to puke...

If you are in the two minute warning period of your life, usually a good idea to make amends.. instead of fueling the hate.

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

The issue wasn't Christmas. The issue was taking pictures with "female co-workers". The quote reads:

The problem was pictures with women, who in most muslim countries are not treated as equals. The guy was sexist. Regardless, you kinda sound like you're blaming his coworkers for his actions. When someone pizzes me off, I don't go shooting random people.

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

It is ironic that when a soldier who is Muslim goes on a shooting rampage that may have been religiously motivated some media stories present Muslims as victims. We also see a fear of criticize muslims for anything in the media. Even in the film 2012 when the world is being destroyed Mecca is untouched the producer apparently admitted this ws due to dears of reactions from Muslims.

10. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +67 / 14 / -9

Columbine & Virginia tech shooting were not done as a religious statment.

If anyone has flown a jet into a U.S.A. skyscraper or the pentagon in the
    name of
    Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, Bahá'í Faith,
    Jainism, Cheondoism, Tenrikyo, Cao Dai, African traditional and diasporic religions, Other folk religions, Ahl-e Haqq, Seicho-no-Ie, Yazidism, Rastafari movement, Unitarian Universalism, Chineese folk religions, Shinto, or Taoism
    please let me know.

Islam is the only religon I know of that poses an immediate threat to
    Americans on American soil.

This is not a right wing problem.
    This is a liberal problem, because defending Islamic lunitics is indefensible.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Was he sexist or was he simply following his religious beliefs? There's a difference.

And no, I am not blaming his coworkers for actions and I believe I stated so in my original post. I was simply saying that there are a whole lot of reasons that people go off the deep end - most of them small and insignificant on their own but when you add them all together they become insurmountable to someone with a shaky grasp on reality.

Still, there was no reason for people to harrass him about his picture taking - not on Christmas or at any other time of the year. I've never seen the sense in harrassing someone for no good reason. If they want to be left alone, fer gods sake, leave 'em alone. You don't have to understand it, you just have to respect it.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

If this shooter was Methodist or a Neo Con Nut you would bat an eye at what I said...........

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

Not really, but you want to believe it, anyone who politicizes this stuff for their own partisan agenda is a very sick... f..ck... not much else you can say. Glenn will be on soon, so get out your decoder ring I feel a big secret message coming on.

14. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

This article was posted hours before the rampage:

"Resolving the Cognitive Dissonance of Islam"

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/resolving_the_cognitive_disson.html

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

I learned all that schoolyard talk from reading "Bush Hater" posts, I could care less if anybody on an internet forum takes me serious or not.

Pelosi "Sucks Her Teeth" Obama has "Ping Pong Paddle Jug Ears" those are FACTS all one has to do is watch them to understand that, remember the "Mumbling Chimp" as Jon Stewart like to call him.......

Sarah Palins book comes out the 17th, then you'll really hear some name calling sh!t.

16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

This is fukcing beautiful. It burns you to hear of anyone describe this man a Muslim doesn’t it? Why? Deflection? He is one and though that in itself is harmless, it absolutely had an impact in this crime. This painting you're talking about is based on his behavior and the attention he drew to his own faith. Do you think that should just be shrugged off? The fukcer just killed 13 people who had laid their lives on the line in the service of this country. If not for fate it would have been 30 more. The man was a major and it just doesn’t add up that he was the victim of unending racism. It’s very convenient though. So far in this thread I've seen everything from empathy to posts that boarder on justification for losing it.

This is political correctness out of control. Cripes in your first sentence you excuse his fanaticism and call him just an unstable guy that went nuts then in the next you make sure you describe the countless Jewish and Christian killers in this country. Step back and look at your hate and your prejudice, will you?

And please do get me some evidence that the vast majority of sentiment is describing this bastard as a typical Muslim. Please do.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

His religous beliefs are his own business, but not wanting to take pictures with women (because you do not view them as an equal), is what it is. In this case, that was the issue, and not Christmas.

Going off the deep end, and yelling at someone, or throwing a temper tandrum is one thing, but bringing a gun into a building, to mow down strangers is another. The mere mention of the "deep end" in a situation like this, is the type of excusism that is insulting to the average person. There is no reasonable rationale that causes a person to kill innocent people in cold blood. No amount of pictures, or holiday mention, can explain the murderous act that happened yesterday. This is the problem with people of a certain persuasion. They simply try to find an excuse for everything. The guy is a murderous animal who should have his testicles ripped from his sag bag, by the families of those innocent people who were murdered in cold blood. People have done things to pizz me off in life, and never have I considered shooting passers by in the street over it. It's lunacy, and there is no possible "understanding" to be had here. The guy is a murderous loon. End of story.

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

There is not a lot of disagreement, my question is that apparently he was noticed... and nothing was done?? He got promoted last year.... something is amiss here. This is our military, a system fraught with checks and balances... he was allowed to continue.. and somehow got guns into this place.

19. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The fact you think 9-11 was Islam vs America is just more insane propagandist thinking. It's the same ridiculous thinking that made over half of the country think Iraq/Saddam was behind 9-11, when the vast majority of the people involved were from Saudi Arabia.

9-11 had nothing to do with religion, but with our long involvement in the Middle East. A lot of you here would instantly reverse positions if right after Columbine all the focus was on the Jewish-ness of those kids who shot everyone.

20. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No, there isn't a difference. Whether his opinions towards women were informed by his religion or any other beliefs, they are still sexist. I'm still in awe of how superstition has been able to carve out this untouchable niche that is free from criticism because it's "personal." His religion, like all religions is a bunch nonsense derived from irrational belief rather than reason. But like any set of beliefs or ideals, whether poltical or religious, the person who holds them is responsible for them. Up until recently the Mormon church was explicitly racist, because it's a religious tenet doesn't make the stance that the followers advocate non racist. Islam is a sexist religion to a degree beyond what we see in other religions, that certainly doesn't absolve its followers from being sexist by adhering to that aspect of the religion.

None of this is to say that the right wing lunatics using this incident as a platform to promote prejudice against all muslims are correct, however. Anyone with any basic critical thinking skills can see that for the transparent pandering to ignorance that it is.