Welcome to PatsFans.com

Killing Rampage Fuels Muslim Prejudice

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Nov 6, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

An unstable guy went nuts and killed a bunch of people. The comments below are extremely interesting.

It's interesting that there have been countless Christian and Jewish serial killers and rampage killers in the US, but in this instance the vast majority of sentiment is about painting this guy as a 'typical' crazy Muslim, whose allegiance is automatically questioned because of his faith. I wonder if similar broad accusations about allegiance would be allowed anytime an Israeli American was caught spying on America, or being allowed to craft national Middle Eastern foreign policy.

Breitbart.tv Co-Worker: Ft. Hood Suspect Made ‘Outlandish’ Comments Condemning US Foreign Policy

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

The left wing blame America crowd would love to change this guys name to Billy Joe Bubba Smith who was a Presbytarian Minister, then imagine what NBC would do to him.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +428 / 12 / -26

No one noticed the Columbine Killings:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guess you never heard of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold...

No one noticed the Virginia Tech Shootings..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sick bastards that try to politicize this for their right wing agenda, have respect for the families at their time of grief... this is a horrific event, so lets politicize it.. the party of family values is just a myth..

4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

How about if everyone just waits for the facts to come in before we judge the situation? Let's not assume anything until officials COMPLETE the investigatin. And God help us if anyone is stupid enough to insinuate the investigators would lie to us.

Why do we set up "what if" threads in defense (well, he has no defense really) or in accusation when it hasn't even been 24 hours yet? I have no thoughts on his motives...and in the end, it won't matter becaue 12 people are dead and around 30 are injured. It's more than sad...it's devastating to the moral of our soldiers and to this nation...and national moral is very important (especially in the military).

Yet we already have people who want to blame a religion and others (even worse) who want to step up and say it's just like any other mass murder.

Well folks, I don't know and none of you know, so how about we show some respect for the families of the men & women in uniform?

Is that really so hard?

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

The media is starting to post stories about the shooter's background.

I, personally, found this little snippet to be somewhat telling and more than a little sad.

A co-worker at Walter Reed said Hasan would not allow his photo to be taken with female co-workers, which became an issue during Christmas season when employees often took group photos. Co-workers would find a solo photo of Hasan and post it on the bulletin board without his permission.

Suspect in Fort Hood shooting, a Muslim, asked Army to discharge him, aunt said - washingtonpost.com

It does not, of course, excuse what he did but it does give a window into what may have been going through his mind before it so obviously snapped?

Why do whatever majority of people involved in a workplace, school. etc, always feel as though their way is the only "right" way and insist that others fall in line with their beliefs, all the while showing absolutely no respect for anyone else's possible beliefs?

Who here would not be outraged if their coworkers consistantly went behind their backs and did things to them which they had already specifically requested not be done?

Why is it so important to people that everyone celebrate "their" holidays even when it does not coincide with a religious belief?

Why is this not considered harrassment?

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Poor Guy, Santa Claus made him do it, we simply have to get rid of that god damned holiday Christmas, all those little lights in the windows drive Muslims insane and make them kill, I know how they feel I get a rash and have nose bleeds when I see Muslim women walking around with Scarfs on.

GOD DAMN AMERICA

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +428 / 12 / -26

Your idiocy continues, continue to do your fun tap dance, while these families mourn.. you will use any opportunity to further your warped agenda... keep promotin that "Part of Family Values".. Rush will be on soon to fuel the hate, then followed by Glenn to keep it going..

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

I just don't get why you get to spread your anti-semitism here and none of the liberals on this board ever say a word about it.

You obviously think it is ok to hate Jews and than admonish others for racism :rolleyes:

Your bigoted ass should be thrown off this board. The Julian Edelman thread was the biggest disgrace in the history of patsfans soley because of your anti-semitism.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Did you read the post before mine it already hinted at the "hate christmas" syndrome the poor guy might have been offended at America's cultures because they were different than his well thats to god damned bad this is America not Palestine, if I lived in China and didn't like their holidays I would ignore them, if Xmas bothers Muslims living in America to the point they want to kill somebody they should get the hell out of America and go back to the Middle East where they will be happy.

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

And when your Muslim coworkers start insisting you, too, wear a scarf and fast on Ramadan then, and only then, can you have a valid claim to rash and nosebleed.

It's not about "seeing" Christmas, Harry, it's about being made to participate in it. Every one of us who is not a Christian is used to "seeing" Christmas - what we're not too comfortable with is being forced to participate in it.

I wouldn't be too happy in a burka, either, but I'll be damned if I'll deny someone else the right to wear one - just as I wouldn't want to deny a Christian the right to celebrate Christmas or to wear a crucifix around their neck - but I draw the line at peoplel using my picture to help celebrate a birthday for someone I don't believe in. Just as I'm sure you'd object to your picture being hung on a Hanukkah Bush or gracing a Ramadan board.

11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

You make several valid points above which I agree with. I've had my face superimposed upon some magazine cover and pasted on the company bulletin board and I actually liked it. Granted, it did not insult my beliefs in any way.

The baffling part in all of this is that the man studied and (I believe) he was a psychiatrist. But he obviously reacted in a manner reflective of an unstable person. He didn't want to be sent to the middle east, yet he chose to remain in the military (or maybe they wouldn't release him). But it makes one wonder why the guy joined in the first place. I mean, does anyone join the military and expect NOT to see active conflict?

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +428 / 12 / -26

This ain't about christmas, it is about you taking any opportunity to spread the hate, all the while we do not know the details.. and in your rush to judgement, there is no respect for the families of these men and women, only another opportunity to spread your vile, tired message... let them mourn for chrissakes... respect thier lives.

BTW this guy was born in the US, went to school in the US, had been in the Army since 1997.. he was part of the "American Culture".... "poor guy might have been" is hardly a standard of anything except your warped view.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

The answer to that is, most far left liberals are now themselves Anti Semites, they have a Love Affair with Islam.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

We go through this every Xmas now, Xmas bugs the hell out of the liberals, it's enough to make a person vomit to watch that dumpy little ET look alike Katie Couric put on her Pie Face Grin and tell you she no longer says "Merry Christmas" then she blabbers out her "Happy Holiday" bullsh!t, Jesus jumping Christ I'm getting sick now just thinking about it, I have to go.

15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

Hasan is something that is very common these days....A Religious FANATIC.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

Thats OK to say about Christians but it's Racist to say it about a Muslim.

17. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#70 Jersey

I see no evil...

Connect the dots, gentlemen.

Hasan Akbar: two dead, fourteen injured.
    The Fort Dix plot: thwarted but a potential for hundreds to have been killed
    Now this. Thirteen dead, 30 wounded.

This is what's called a growing body count.

Let the hits keep coming.

Robert Spencer writes:
    As Harry Boy says, The people know, those of us who aren't shackled by the tenets of political correctness, that Stalinist plague found at most of our colleges and universities.

18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

Its not racist to say that, only the self righteous ultra left wing PCers would say it is.

I have to be careful what i post, i just got up and am not alert, i could say something that could be misconstrued. A religious fanatic is a religious fanatic whether they're Christian Muslim, Hindu etc.

19. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -2

#70 Jersey

You're absolutely correct, Harry Boy.

Here's the most recent evidence. NBC Producer to Anti-ACORN Group: ‘Bite Me, Jew Boy!’Harry Boy, it's another reason smart Jews (like me, who also own guns) are getting out of secular Europe. Too many Jews, though, still subscribe to yesterday's notion that it is Christians who pose the greater threat. In fact, our biggest friends are the conservative Evangelical Christians.

I am sadly acknowledging the truth of Norman Podhoretz's new book. Here
    's an op-ed in the WSJ he penned on the subject of Jewish "buyers remorse" over voting for the Narcissist in Chief to the tune of 78 percent:Norman Podhoretz: Why Are Jews Liberals? - WSJ.com

20. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +709 / 6 / -9

Yeah, because when I think of the voice of American Jews, I think Norman Podhoretz :rolleyes: