Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kill Granny Campaign

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Aug 1, 2009.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +896 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Re: Kill Granny Champaign

"Jed - They're Fixing to treat us like varmit"
    [​IMG]
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Amazing how much hysteria is being created...
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

"Jethro, you seen Granny?"

"Last I saw she was talkin' with an in-surance man by the cement pond..."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ya know, the whole Logan's Run spin the right came out with totally knocked out any trepidation I had about health care reform. If they're down to making up stuff this retarded, it's pretty clear there's nothing particularly alarming about the actual bill. If they had anything real, they'd talk about it, rather than say that the govt consenting to pay for end-of-life consultations once every 5 years means they're going to implant a crystal in your palm and collect everyone over 30 in panel trucks for "Last day."

PFnV
  5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

Plus, do you really want to be the government Logan's Run guy assigned to euthanize this guy...

[​IMG]
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That was funny:singing:
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Well granny ought to be worried:

Page 22 of the HC Bill MANDATES the Govt will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Page 30 Sec 123 of HC bill - THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Page 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill - YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

Page 42 of HC Bill - The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits 4 you. you have no choice!

Page 50 Section 152 in HC bill - HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise

Page 58HC Bill - Government will have real-time access to individuals finances & a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Pg 59 HC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have direct access to your banks accounts for electronic funds transfer

PG 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72 Lines 8-14 Govt is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.

PG 84 Sec 203 HC bill - Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill - Specs for of Benefit Levels for Plans = The Government will ration your Healthcare!

PG 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill - Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example - Translation for illegal aliens

Pg 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Government HC plan

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill - Specs of benefit levels for Plans. #AARP members - your Health care WILL be rationed

PG 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill - Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice

pg 124 lines 24-25 HC No company can sue the government on price fixing. No "judicial review" against Government Monopoly.

pg 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill - Doctors/ #AMA - The Government will tell YOU what you can make.

Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE

Pg 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for HC for part time employees AND their families

Pg 149 Lines 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll 401k & above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll

pg 150 Lines 9-13 Business with payroll between 251k & 400k who doesn't provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll

Pg 167 Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesnt have acceptable HC according to Government will be taxed 2.5% of income.

Pg 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

Pg 195 HC Bill -officers & employees of HC Administration (GOVT) will have access to ALL Americans finances and personal records.

PG 203 Line 14-15 HC - "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax" Yes, it says that

Pg 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected

Pg 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill - Doctors, doesnt matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same

PG 253 Line 10-18 Government sets value of a Doctor's time, professional judgment, etc. Literally value of humans.

PG 265 Sec 1131Government mandates & controls productivity for private HC industries

PG 268 Sec 1141 Federal Government regulates rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs

PG 272 SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS - Cancer patients - welcome to rationing!

Page 280 Sec 1151 The Government will penalize hospitals for what Government deems preventable readmissions.

Pg 298 Lines 9-11 Doctors, treat a patient during initial admission that results in a re-admission the Government will penalize you.

Pg 317 L 13-20 PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Government tells Doctors what/how much they can own.

Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion- Government is mandating hospitals cannot expand

pg 321 2-13 Hospitals have oppt to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can u say ACORN?!!

Pg335 L 16-25 Pg 336-339 - Government mandates establishment of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing

Pg 341 Lines 3-9 Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Adv Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing peeps in to Government plan

Pg 354 Sec 1177 - Government will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people!

Pg 379 Sec 1191 Government creates more bureaucracy - Telehealth Advisory Committe. Can you say HC by phone?

PG 425 Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consultation. Think Senior Citizens end of life

Pg 425 Lines 17-19 Governmentt will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney Mandatory!

PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death

PG 427 Lines 15-24 Governmentt mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government has a say in how your life ends

Pg 429 Lines 1-9 An "advance care planning consult" will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates

PG 429 Lines 10-12 "advance care consultation" may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from government.

Pg 429 Lines 13-25 - The government will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life

Pg 469 - Community Based Home Medical Services=Non profit orgs. Hello, ACORN Medical Services here!!?

Page 472 Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORG. 1 monthly payment to a community-based org. Like ACORN?

PG 489 Sec 1308 The Government will cover Marriage & Family therapy. Which means they will insert Government into your marriage

Pg 494-498 Government will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services

Wonder if T Kennedy and C Dodd would get healthcare under obamacare given their age???

OH wait Waxman wouldn't allow a vote on a amendment to make elected offical use the public the rest of us will be dunped into.
  8. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

Wow 13!!! I'm incredibly scared!!! Granny's scared!!! Everybody should be scared!!!

... especially if you read the bill and came to these conclusions, rather than copied and pasted a list from some random right-wing blog.

I certainly hope you know there are 3 different committees working on different versions of this bill, just in 1 chamber (Senate I believe,) and that once the Senate and House both decides on their versions, they go to the conference committee to be merged again...

But given that you have "the bill" in hand, and read every page of it, why don't you do yourself and the rest of us the favor of

1) picking say, three contentions from your xerox list, cutting and pasting the language you believe supports the contention, and

2) link your contentions to the bill itself, and we can all have a nice discussion of the text rather than your cut-and-paste characterization.

You really think the guys who say the panel trucks are coming for granny are getting a free pass on this sort of "because I say so and I use a lot of exclamation points" tactic, other than in the echo-chamber?

PFnV
  9. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Actually, the AARP has really dropped the ball in coming out in support of the dreadful ObamaCare. Seniors will definitely be boxed out of many costly operations/procedures. Some bureaucrat will look at an actuarial table and declare, "Well, you've had a good run. But we can't do that hip replacement surgery. You're over 65."

That's the way it works with single payer. Rationing. Much longer waits for specialized care. A vast reduction in innovation. Where will Canadians go for their health care emergencies?
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

Who proposed a single-payer system?

Do you have anything to say about the current proposals?
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Well if the could reform medicare and medicaid into something other than bloated disasters then they might be able to make a case that they could reform the healthcare system.

However if they F this up it doesn't matter to you since as a gov employee you wouldn't have to suffer under the ysstem. If you were subject to this proposed system you might feel differently.

It is clear that congress won't let THEIR families be covered by the system.

As to the 3 versions of the bill, good point so given 3 pieces of legislation coming in at ~1,000 pages what was the rush by BO to finish yesterday? Who the hell could have understood it?

Let me know when you are going to drop your ins and put yourself under this sort of plan.
  12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I think the Right Wing BS award of the day should go to PatsFan13 for that wonderful list of total Bull****.

Don't worry, PF13, nobody will actually check up on those claims by reading the bill (wink wink).
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Your buddy B Frank he man who gave us the mortgage meltdown for one, here is a vid of mr frank saying obamacare is the best way to get single payer.

Barney Frank: Public Option is Best Way to Single Payer The Foundry
  14. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Frank's quote indicates that he is ultimately in favor of single payer but that it can't be proposed right now because it doesn't have enough support. Nice try though.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Should probably credit this source as it is obviously not your work... which right wing blog is it.. wingnuts.com.. obamaisakenyan.com.. the dailyrightielemmingreport.com.. rightwingtalkingpoints.com...

you act just like some of our elected officials, they do not read it and trust the interpretation of others... in this case the right wing bloggers... no agenda here..

Here are some examples of how idiotic you are by just trusting the right blogs..

your contention..

what the bill says:

(
    You contend in your well written, and well researched post...

What the bill says, looks like states rights to this casual observer...

You contend:

This is pretty much boilerplate in most insurance policies that defines who can provide this service.. so that there are not any more quacks out there who can hang out a shingle and provide bogus advice... the government does not want to get involved in your marriage.. oh the horrors...
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  16. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

This from the wing-nuts who shout "envy!" when they are trying to identify the "deadly sin" at the heart of (today's) progressivism. Please note: the deadly sin at the heart of yesterday's progressivism was supposed to be lust, until it turned out the moralists and their puppets in the Grand Orgy Party were just as big horndogs as the Dems.

Sorry, 13, I consider my opinion of value regardless of my employer. So you're still left with the challenge to consider:

Quote verbatim three of the contentions on your cut-and-paste list, from the bill, not from your little list. Show your work. And provide links to the bill, so we can discuss said contentions in context.

Again, it's a pretty clear proof of the utter bankruptcy of the insurance industry shill position, that they constantly threaten us with horror stories from countries with better health outcomes than our own system -- which in fact do not resemble the health reform under discussion -- and that when that fails, they tell us the panel trucks are coming for granny.

Are you guys on drugs? Of course nobody believes you. How many goddam times do you have to cry wolf before America just laughs when you would have us cringe?

As to whether I will be subject to this bill, of course I will. I have insurance at present through my employer -- the gubmit. I will no doubt have the same options, including (I would hope) the public option, as you will. The only difference is that at present my employer has signed on to offering health insurance, and others' employers have not done so.

Many of this latter category will have the same choices as me. It's not a matter of "making" me be in the system; I'm in it. It's a matter of making it possible for others to be in it.

PFnV
  17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +439 / 6 / -9

I especially don't want John Ensign getting involved in my marriage :)
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

How about the "Diaper Man".. Vitters...
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Correct he feel this billis the best way to reach the goal, since he knows the American people don't want single payer, lie and get an incremental bill designed to put the ins co out of business.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

What is the source for the previously mentioned lies about this bill.. did you read it or just rely on the right wing hysteria machine????...