Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kids burn Mexican flag at school.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Mar 31, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +423 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well no kids should be destroying other kids' property so I can understand the punishment. But these schools need to quit the politically correct pandering and not allow other country's flag to be raised or racial problems will get worse. On Government property, which schools are, there is only one country's flag that should be raised and that's the U.S.'s Red, White and Blue.
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If they went out and bought a Mexican flag (or American, Irish, pirate, whatever), they should be able to burn it all they want. But political expression doesn't give you the right to burn somebody ELSE'S flag*.

Sidenote: It's interesting, though, that in the case that legalized flag burning (Texas v. Johnson), the flag in question was actually stolen, though Texas chose not to prosecute him for theft or vandalism and instead only prosecuted him under the flag desecration statute)
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 2 / -9

The left wing slobbering pandering knee jerk blubbering whiney liberals want to give the country away, if it's Anti American the Liberals will kiss it's Rectum. (everybody else on here can say the "a word" but me) liberals don't discriminate, yeah right.

Watch what happens to the liberals once the Mexicans take California over, they will be run out of town on a rail.
    Do you think the New Mexican Leaders will put up with Pedophiles, Rapers, Homosexuality do you think the New Mexicans will put up with "Hollywoods Sh!t" do you think the New Mexicans will put up with San Francisco and all it's FREAKS.

If you live in California and your favorite passtime is handing out Condoms to little kids you better start packing your bags and head for the hills.

You Liberal Democrats shouldn't bash Bush on this one, he is with you, all the way.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think you want horrible things to happen to America so you can say you were right and liberals were the problem.
  6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Im dead serious.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're serious even after both BelichickFan and I pointed out that the flag in quesition was not their's? Are you saying it's acceptable for people to steal and destroy somebody else's property, as long as it happens to be a Mexican flag?
  8. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

according to the article, the flag was flown ABOVE the American flag. That is a big no-no. I am all for letting people protest but you can not allow any flag to be flown above the American flag. They are lucky that is all that happened.
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe in a crazy vigilante mob, you're right, they're lucky. But not flying another flag over the American flag is a strong tradition, not a crime, and certainly not a crime that deserves on-the-spot punishment (the confiscation and burning of the flag).
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

To me, this is history repeating itself. When I was in high school (many, many years ago), a group of black students wanted the African flag in the classrooms along with the American flag. It never happened of course, but recieved attention to quell racial disturbances.
    Telling students its ok to destroy another person's property is sending the wrong message, thus they should be punished. Oh I know, thats the liberal in me.
  11. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Want to fly a Mexican flag over a public building? Go to Mexico.

It's really that simple.

Punish the kids for burning someone elses property. Praise them for standing up for America.
  12. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What if the student instead brought a flag with a swastika on it. Did that student really think that he was ever going to see it again?
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He should be able to cover himself from head to toe in swastikas if he wants, as long as his actions don't disrupt the school (e.g., no yelling out "it's the Jews' fault!" randomly in class). Believe it or not, people in America even have the right to bigoted, hateful, and insulting speech.
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Priorities, man. No stealing and destroying others' property is more important than symbolically supporting your country (flying a flag, as opposed to enlisting in the military, is a form of symbolic rather than material support).

<Harry Boy-speak> Law and order, it's the only thing that seperates us from those savages in the middle east. You can bet they'd turn vigilante on a kid for flying somebody else's flag, I'd like to think we're better than that. </Harry Boy-speak>
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +423 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I basically agree with "Love America or Leave America" but freedom of speech does allow flying of other flags - although not on school grounds, that can and should be outlawed as freedom of speech does not have to apply there.

I was born in England and lived there until I was 12 - I can guarantee you I don't have a Union Jack flying on my property.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Freedom of speech should not be outlawed in school, though I don't think freedom of speech gives you the right to attach things onto school property. If someone wants to wear a Mexican flag on their shirt, it would be terrible to deny them that, but it doesn't belong on the school's flagpole.

That said, the proper thing to do would have been to take the flag down, and if they kids put it up without permission, punish them. Burning the flag should never have entered the equation.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +423 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Fine, then we can have race wars start with whites, blacks and latinos throwing racial epitaphs (sp ?) back and forth. And we can have gang members wearing their special clothes. What a wonderful place you would make school.
  18. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Any actions that disrupt the school wouldn't be tolerated. Beyond that, what does it matter? Gangs are still gangs even if they can't wear their special colors for 6 hours a day, and the racial situation isn't going to get better by telling people they can't display their herritage on their own bodies. Did banning Muslim headscarves in French schools help the racial tension there? Hell no!
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +423 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

It's a disaster and disruption waiting to happen. If you're happy letting the tension build until the disruption happens, that's fine I guess.