PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kickoff Thursday Dolphins/Steelers discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a catch. Damn.

Nasty looking hit on Booker. Looked like either his shoulder or midsection that he landed on awkwardly.

edgecy said:
As much as it pains me to say this (and I am a huge Auburn fan), Ronnie Brown is looking very mediocre tonight.

True but he really hasnt had any holes to run thru. Steelers are getting good penetration.

Looked like he caught that.

Booker down, looked like the wind was knocked out of him. Not impressed with this line at all still, the Miami line has showed nothing.

edgecy said:
As much as it pains me to say this (and I am a huge Auburn fan), Ronnie Brown is looking very mediocre tonight.

That's because the Dolphins screwed the pooch when they picked the wrong Auburn back. Cadillac Williams is one of the most natural runners in years to come out, and they passed on him.

desi-patsfan said:
True but he really hasnt had any holes to run thru. Steelers are getting good penetration.

That's true, I haven't seen him penetrate into the second level yet.

Troy Polamalu is all over the place, it's always exciting to see him play.

Hope the WR is okay. And it looked like a complete pass to me.

Richter said:
Nasty looking hit on Booker. Looked like either his shoulder or midsection that he landed on awkwardly.

I agree...first thought was his shoulder the way he was cradling himself...but now he just looks shaken up.

And wow....what crappy special teams play tonight! Missed catches, slipping, and general fackups...

Santurdio with a brainfart and a half. WHat was he thinking trying to return that from the 4?

Heh both of these teams have to try some no huddle 4 WR. THe running game is doing nothing.

desi-patsfan said:
Quite a few culpeper sux posts over there. Saw a, "put in lee suggs" as well. :D

It really is funny. If you remember the thread about Brady vs Culpepper that was linked on this forum? That thread was from the forum I linked to. All of those mouth-breathers who were saying because DC put up those big time numbers in 04 that he's better than Brady.

Now look at a few of them start to back down with less than one half of football played in the season.

Santonio just gave the Dolphins GREAT field position.

Well one positive with all these 3 and out commercials, i get to watch the Blake vs Federer match.

desi-patsfan said:
Heh both of these teams have to try some no huddle 4 WR. THe running game is doing nothing.

Heh...it might be fun to see Batch run a 4 wr offense! Cowher might try it though...

What a sloppy game. Well, it is the first one. Might as well be the last preseason game. Only it counts.

Cowher looks like he has on mascara.

Santurdio should feel even dumber. His brainfart basically cost the Steelers field position and now Miami might be able to get a threat.

And about drafting Brown over the Cadilliac, Williams would do the same vs this defense with the Miami line. Miami'a line is awful, and Polamalu is like a human missile out there, flying everywhere where the ball is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots