PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kicking situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

soswalter

Rookie
Reaction score
This has probably been discussed in 433,391 posts on this message board, but I guess I missed all of the threads.

How concerned is everyone about the kicking situation? I mean, instead of Adam Vinatieri kicking fourth-quarter field goals in the playoffs, it'll be up to the winner of the Martin Gramatica-Stephen Gostkowski battle.

Not concerned at all. I have faith that the Ghost will be as clutch as we need him to be.

soswalter said:
This has probably been discussed in 433,391 posts on this message board, but I guess I missed all of the threads.

How concerned is everyone about the kicking situation? I mean, instead of Adam Vinatieri kicking fourth-quarter field goals in the playoffs, it'll be up to the winner of the Martin Gramatica-Stephen Gostkowski battle.

I am not concerned at having a rookie kicker. Said kicker has a bigger leg than the previous kicker. Said kicker is much less expensive than the previous kicker.

Now if only the team can reduce the number of instances requiring a game-winning field goal in a blinding snowstorm to win a playoff game...

Thanks for that link.

Hope the Ghost is as good as advertised.

Actually, it worries me a bit, but I am sure that the team did the right thing in not signing Vinatieri at ANY price.

It's like Yogi almost said 90% of kicking is have mental.

Will the rookie crack up mentally??? At some point yes he will.

Will he be able to pick himself up and rise above it after the crack????

That's the question he needs to answer.

I remember in BB's rookie season with us. AV missed a late kick at Kansas City that would have sent the game into OT or maybe won it for us. BB looked pissed as all get out.

However AV survived and rose above it, pretty much from that point forward.

I wish the rookie good luck and hopefully he's a tank mentally. He's going to need it.

I was a big Gostkowski supporter pre-draft, and I was estatic when the Pats selected him. He's probably the one rookie kicker from this year's draft that I'd feel okay with replacing the legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back