PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kicker Paul Edinger Met With Patriots Yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
my prediction is this: we will sign Vanderjerk and he will kick a game winning FG to knock the Colts out of the playoffs! ha-ha that would be sweet

Edinger ? why not

Vanderjagt ? no, please...

I'd be really surprised at a Vanderjerk signing. Too old, dome kicker. More likely is Edinger or some obscure kicker we've never had on the radar screen, maybe CFL?

The key word here is MET make sure that KRAFTY keeps his money nice and warm in his pocket

Thats because for the 3rd year in a row he couldnt raise my season ticket prices
beacuse of the embrassment in Denver

Anybody but Vandershank. Hell I'd bring back John Smith before signing Vandershank.

Based on history, Vanderjerk seems unlikely. Edinger seems like a decent fit given his cold weather experience. Not the most exciting guy, but alright for a stop gap...

Edinger's career numbers failed to excite me. Honestly, I'd rather take Connor Hughes in the 6th round, bring in a vet journeyman for competition and take our chances while paying $500K or so.

Please compare his last couple of seasons to Adam.

I have no problem with using one of our sixths for a kicker to compete with Edinger in camp.

My take is that Edinger is an above average, cold-weather kicker, and worth a lot to the patriots. Edinger called us. I think a deal could be made by weekend. I know, I had thought that about KJ also before he started getting outrageous bids for his services.

BelichickFan said:
Edinger's career numbers failed to excite me. Honestly, I'd rather take Connor Hughes in the 6th round, bring in a vet journeyman for competition and take our chances while paying $500K or so.

mgteich said:
Please compare his last couple of seasons to Adam.
Sure, I just looked last night.

Edinger : http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/187530

Last year 73.5%, 3-8 from 30-39 although a very good 8-10 for 40-40 and 3-5 fpr 50+.

Year before 62.5%, 2-5 from 30-39, 4-7 from 40-49, 3-5 from 50+.

Vinatieri : http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1392

Last year 80%, 9-10 from 30-39, 4-6 from 40-49, 0-2 from 50+.

Year before 93.9%, 7-7, 11-12 in the 30s and 40s, 0-1 from 50+.

Edinger has much more leg but 5-13 from 30-39 the last two years doesn't excite me.

BelichickFan said:

I agree 100% with you. Let's hope that BB/Pioli feel the same way.

Steve Neal met w/ Dolphins yesterday

per the herald

Bring in a rookie at this point someone who can put the ball on kickoffs in the enzone.

well

If we are going to bring in a vet, then i would like to have brown from seattle. If not him, then i would prefer to draft a kicker!

stick21 said:
The key word here is MET make sure that KRAFTY keeps his money nice and warm in his pocket

Thats because for the 3rd year in a row he couldnt raise my season ticket prices
beacuse of the embrassment in Denver

What are you Bi-polar? First Kraft is a "cheap F**k", then it was "F**K you Adam" and now it is this crap! Get a clue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back