PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kick Returners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Hobbs as a kick returner, he reads the blocking well and makes one cut and goes; no dancing around trying to juke guys out he just keeps going forward and getting yards. If he is the return man on kicks this season I expect him to run at least a couple back for TDs.

I think its will almost certainly come down to Welker and Faulk for punt returns. Welker should do a lot better here since he will actually have a competant special teams unit blocking for him. You've got to love Faulks quickness on punt returns too, you really can't go wrong with either one. If Troy Brown returns I'd expect to see him keep his job of making fair catches when they are backed up and don't want to take any risks.

As much as I hate to see a starting CB return kicks, I'd have to agree that Hobbs will likely still be back there.

I also think this is the only area a healthy CJax will contribute in 07. And once/if he is healthy, it will be the reason he bumps Gaffney/Caldwell off the roster when/if he is activated off PUP.

Donte' Stallworth has a little bit of experience returning kicks and punts. He returned a few kickoffs in 2003 and he returned a few punts from 2003-2005.

Donte' Stallworth has a little bit of experience returning kicks and punts. He returned a few kickoffs in 2003 and he returned a few punts from 2003-2005.

doubt we put in a fragile WR at KR. no sir

My guess is that Welker handles most of the kick returns during the regular season but Hobbs takes over in crucial spots during the regular season and will be the primary KR come playoff time. He is clearly the best KR on the team but his importance on defense makes it though to use him as the #1 KR. Welker is solid enough and sure handed enough that he is OK at KR even if he can't give us the game breaking ability a Hobbs or Maroney bring to the table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back